“Spacious rooms but incompetent staff”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florham Park
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Well.. This is the only hotel in ALL of my many ,many years of travel, there was NO ONE to get my luggage at the front! The doorman just stood there, waiting for me to get closer with all my heavy luggage and then he slowly opened the door.. Without any words..unbelievable!! At the reception they were friendly but with such heavy Caribbean accent that I could barely comprehend. Hotel is spacious, rhough,rooms too..We had luch and the food was really good, above average fast food . But, again, the waiters need training in manners and work ethics. Sleepy eyed , slow and unresponsive. BUT.. For a real shocker-!!- I ordered a room service for wine. Again ,I had to ask for a manager because the person couldnt speak any understandable English..:-(( The manager never even heard about any cheese platter that usually go with an order of wine..??Anyway, when the person delivered Pinot Noir , he just put it there.. When I asked to open , he tried, broke the dry cork and I asked him to return it and get me anew bottle. he brought.. Wait, wait... a cheap wine with a screw top- no cork this time!!!!! I was stunned! $44 for this??? Is he crazy? I sent him back to bring me a regular House Cabernet Sauvinion , hoping it will be a normal cork intact bottle, but alas! He brought same cheap wine.. I just gave up, signed and noticed that I sighed an older bottle for $44 , not the new price for $33. Couldn't explain anything to him, due to his NON English.. , giving up again. This is the most incompetent staff I have Ever seen in a hotel business.Sad... As for buffet breakfast, the waiters were very nice, fast at filling up coffee, friendly. Food was so so.. Some things were from day before.. Almost no whole wheat, only white junkie bread. The best is made to order omelet, even though the cook acts as she is doing you a big favor.I usually don't write such lengthy reviews but was so shocked by this hotel, which is closer to a motel.

Room Tip: If you don't care how you are being treated by staff.., rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
kajencki33, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

WestchesterM0M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Hamilton Park. I wanted to formally apologize for the experience you had on our property. We are in this business to serve, entertain, and pamper. After reading your review, it is clear that we did not accomplish any of those goals. I did want to assure you that extensive levels of training are currently underway in room service, as well as the Arrive Dining Room, to prevent any future service laps such as the ones you had experienced.

In regards to your comments regarding the wine and items on our breakfast buffet, I did want you to know that the second bottle that was brought to your room, screw top aside, was a significantly higher rated bottle of Pinot Noir. Our server was simply attempting to offer a form of service recovery for the inconvenience you had experienced. You also have my promise that every item we serve on our All American Breakfast Buffet is in fact prepared each morning, and no item is ever used from the previous days service.

We would love to have you back on property to show you why the service and experience you had is not the norm or standard for our property. We take great pride in the way we treat each and every guest that steps through our doors and we will continue to depend on the high quality of service that has made us so successful to this day. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or comments regarding your stay.

Amy Wickenheisser
Hamilton Park Hotel

Reviewed 5 March 2013

no hot water , heating not stabilized , windows not sealed , beds are small and not comfortable, hotel smells bad , walls not soundproof , asked at the front desk for a wake up call and they never called , staff was OK ,
but when i saw they charged me for a refrigerator i think that's crazy never heard of that in my life

Room Tip: tell them you don't want to be ground level !!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abraham g
kajencki33, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Abraham G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at Hamilton Park. I apologize for the negative aspects of your stay as these observations are not the norm in terms of review complaints. We would love to hear from you in person to get a better understanding of how and where our product and staff failed to serve you appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss so that we may address the physical room issues, as well re-educate and train our staff in service recovery. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to hearing from you.

Amy Wickenheisser
Hamilton Park Hotel

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The day of my departure was an experience I will never forget. I had misplaced my purse and could not find it anywhere. The lovely receptionist took my info in-case it showed up. One of the house-men found my purse and delivered it to front desk. My purse along with everything inside was returned to me. I had left the premises already so i did a u-turn and went back for my purse. Its surely a place I will return to. Food is great and its just a beautiful atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We look to get away for a night without kids. I booked Hamilton Park Hotel. We loved it there. It was beautiful, and very clean. I cant wait to go back in the summer to enjoy the outdoor restaurant and pool area. It was just a relaxing night away.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daniele v
kajencki33, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Daniele V,

Hamilton Park Hotel is perfect for a quick escape or romantic getaway! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and please join us this summer to enjoy the beautiful weather at our outdoor pool and bar area. I also want to let you know we are about to start renovation on our fountain courtyard to transition the space into an outdoor banquet function space and patio. Perfect for lounging and relaxing in the sun with a Vanderbilt's signature Hurricane cocktail! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Really like this hotel. Stayed here in December 2012. And stayed there again, this past weekend. Rooms are nice, large and modern. Prices are reasonable. Property is centrally located. We have friends in either direction so whenever we want to visit, Hamilton Park is where we stay. Clean, modern, sophisticated ambience. Nice upscale bar. Plenty of amenities. Reasonably price. The feel and look of the property makes you think it will be quite expensive, but it's very well-priced. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Boychick,

Welcome back! Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we are elated to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff and management truly appreciate that you make Hamilton Park Hotel your home away from home while visiting friends in Morris County, NJ. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I had a room with two beds, and it was tiny. Nicely laid out, with 2 desks, but you will be cramped with two people. Restaurant is pricey, so we opted to eat at the bar both nights. Typical bar food, and pricing was a bit cheaper. Hotel staff is great. It's not a bad stay, just don't expect room to breathe.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
kajencki33, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Bogberto,

Thank you for the review of our property! We are always looking for feedback such as yours to improve the quality of our service as well as the quality of our facility. I apologize that you did feel as though our rooms with two beds were a bit too tight for your liking. If you do have the opportunity to stay with us again, we would love to give you the opportunity to experience a larger room type such as a King, Executive King, or Junior Suite. Please let us know when you are in the Morris County, NJ area in the future so that we may have the chance to improve the quality of your visit with us!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

The Hamilton Park Hotel is a quiet business hotel primarily servicing conferences and business meetings. We have family in the area which is why we selected this hotel. We were very pleased! We have stayed in area hotels like Courtyard and Hampden Inn and the Hamilton Park is much nicer! The Jr. Suites are extremely nice with lots of room, a king bed, a sitting area and a nice bathroom. The King rooms are quite adequate but no fridge is standard. All rooms have a Kuerig coffee pot, which we found great since we usually bring our own when we travel. The hotel is clean and the staff is quite nice. The bath towelss are 5 star towels!

The pool is a nice size and rarely busy. The pool is a little cloudy but not unpleasant at all. The hot tub is also a good size. The pool area is pretty clean and towels, tables and chairs are available.

We did not eat at the resturaunt, but did order room service. It was prompt and delicious. An FYI, the hotel is just minutes from downtown Madison, NJ. Great meals are available at the Nautilus Diner.

We have stayed here mutliple times and will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!