“Terrible experience during 5days”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florham Park
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Staffs are not helpful. Unexpected morning call at 6am for a continuous 3 days before it stops. Confusion between shuttle bus and taxi that result in extra cost that need me to cover. Pathway to the lobby was blocked due to wedding banquet, no help was offered evening seeing me with heavy baggage . The do not understand customer need, not empathy on people who raise complaint. It is helpless to complaint to Jessica who is the manager. I wrote serious complaint letter to the senior management when I return home. He reply quick understand my frustration and show great sympathy on my bad experience, willing to offer compensation, thought this is not what I am looking for. I will accept his Apologize but will not give the, a second chance. The most important for a business traveller is a comfortable room and helpful staffs when we need help. This is what Hamilton Park cannot provide, and they will need to work hard on staff training.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was our 2nd stay there for business purposes. This is an excellent hotel staffed with warm, friendly, courteous, & experienced people. The food is excellent. Food choices are vast. Nice calm atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I attempted to check in at the Hamilton Hotel after I made a 7 hour [nightmare] drive from New Hampshire. I had to wait 25 minutes while, the Assistant Manager, Jessica H., disappeared to look for my reservation (I'm guessing she called Travelocity?). After about 15 minutes, I explained to her I was losing my patience because I had just driven 7 hours AND I had booked this reservation a month earlier. I assumed she would do the right/customer friendly thing by placing me in a room and sorting things out behind the scenes. No. She made me wait another ten minutes while she disappeared again. She offered no apology or compensation for my inconvenience. When I asked to speak with her manager, she said he left for the day and no one has followed up since. To top things off, the hotel claims it has three restaurants/bars. Two were shut down for most of Memorial Day because of a "private function". The one that was open, a sports bar, had TERRIBLE food. I honestly could have done better with McDonalds or Burger King. So if you are left with only this once option, DEFINITELY order pizza or jump in your car and drive one mile to Madison Township. Lastly, the hotel is rundown looking and is in desperate need of an update. It is definitely not worth it's four star rating. Two excellent alternatives is the Madison Hotel or the Short Hills Hilton. Both hotels are much, MUCH nicer AND worthy of their four star rating ---- particularly with their customer service This is ABSOLUTELY the first and last time I'll be staying at the Hamilton Park Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Djones314
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

This place is not a 4 star hotel. 3.5 at best. Staff friendly but not efficient. Plenty staff at check in but still a line. Door greeter better served behind check in. Clean enough and general appearance pretty good. Location very good.

Weirdest thing and a major turnoff is their confiscation policy in your room. You must sign a release stating they can take your personal property at anytime in your room. Food, drinks, coolers who knows what else. Bizarre. Who does that? Who comes in your room and takes your property because they don't like what it is? Found that quite offensive and really stained whatever reputation this place might be trying for. Won't recommend it in fact the confiscation policy is major word of mouth damage. Really bad idea.

2  Thank JayMark1233
Amy W, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

JayMark1233,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and staff. It is crucial to receive honest feedback such as yours so that we may grow and improve our overall service. Your comments regarding our front desk staff is right on point and expediting the check-in process is an area of service that we are always trying to improve upon.

Our specific food and beverage policy that you had mentioned in your review is simply in place to limit issues with food safety, contamination, and pest control problems as we do not have refrigerators in most of our standard rooms. We realize this policy may seem limiting and it is not our intention to infringe on your personal belongings, by any means. If you do have any other questions or concerns regarding the policy, please feel free to reach out to me and I would be more than happy to discuss with you.

Thank you again for your review and please choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a family wedding and was very impressed with the hotel and its public spaces, the bar area was perfect for a gathering of any type and had several craft beers on tap, the pool area and fitness area were both quite nice and the racquetball court is a great amenity. The rooms were nice, setup well and clean, the bathroom was very large and overall was on par with a Marriott type hotel. Only complaint would be the walls are quite thin so your neighbors could have an impact depending on your location.

• Stayed: May 2013
Amy W, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

GFSU,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property, Hamilton Park Hotel. We are ecstatic to hear that your family's wedding went well and that you and your fellow guests enjoyed your experience in both our guest rooms and outlets. Our culinary team takes great pride in the variety of food and beverage options we have to offer and we hope that they were a nice compliment to your event! Please think of us again for any wedding, family party, or other catering events in Morris County, NJ!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I was gifted a free stay with breakfast at this hotel and it was nice stay. The room was spacious and clean. I had dinner at the sports bar and the food was ok but it was fun to stay for a couple drinks after dinner and and play some pool. The breakfast bufftett in the morning was also good and had a lot of options. All in all our free stay was great and I enjoyed all the amenities. It's not a place I would go to often since I live in the Morris County area but its is a nice hotel option for people visiting the area or in town fo work.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I came to the Hamilton Park Hotel for a 3 day conference. The rooms are very nice, the entire hotel is clean and modern and wel kept, and the conference areas are well stocked with food/supplies.

This is the best hotel workout center I've ever seen, and there is a very comfortable atrium.

My only complaint is that the wifi was difficult to stay connected with on an iPad.

I hope I'm invited to more conferences here in the future.

Steiny100,

It was a pleasure to host you for your conference at Hamilton Park. We take tremendous pride in our conference facilities, audio visual technology, coffee break refreshments, and overall conference experience. We strive to offer the best learning and thought sharing location in all of Morris County, New Jersey and it is great to hear that your experience with us was aligned with our property standards. Please think of us again when looking for a location for your next off-site meeting or conference.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Hilton Short Hills
Hilton Short Hills
#1 of 1 in Short Hills

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!