“Comfortable Accommodations”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Comfortable Accommodations”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hotel was very accommodating and comfortable. Everyone was friendly and quick to be of assistance. We had room service later in the evening brought up by very pleasant people and the food was actually very good. I ordered 2 hours ahead of time, and they brought it up exactly the right time.
Earlier we had lunch in the Sports Lounge and the food was excellent. They also have a large self service dining area with a variety of hot and cold food which everyone was enjoying. The hotel is clean and very spacious, so there is lots of room not to feel crowded. Ample parking facilities available. I have everything good to say about our stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for whatever you need to make it comfortable. I got exactly what I needed for the stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolinaE5247ZH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Racine
Reviewed 21 November 2013

As guests we found the room very nice. The beds had small reading lamps on the headboard. Only thing we were lacking was extra washcloths. There was a Krieg coffee maker. We used the indoor pool which also had a hot-tub and a nice 'locker' room with showers. The front desk printed MapQuest directions so we knew how to get to a church wedding.
The wedding reception was held in the ballroom. Wow! I was impressed with the cocktail hour and food they served such as: caviar bar, seafood bar, whipped potatoes bar, wedding cake was awesome, plus a cookie table and other desserts on each table. Even had their brunch the next morning. (could have used an extra waffle iron, there was a wait for those.) Also, the wedding suite was huge, with a separate kitchenette, tv room and walk-in large bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times being an employee of a local company. The hotel is very busy all the time and I felt that some of the small things were slipping. Since Wyndham has taken over , there are some nice improvements. The staff was also terrific this time as well.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear jake2771:

Thank you for your positive review, we are happy you returned to Hamilton Park, under our new management, Wyndham. We look forward to continuing to impress you with improvements in all areas!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were at the Wyndham for a wedding. We found the room comfortable and the hotel staff friendly and attentive, but were put off by the fact that there was no refrigerator or microwave in our room. We usually stay at Hilton brand properties, and these seem always to be basics. The hotel wanted $10 per day for the refrigerator, but waived the fee when I explained it was for medication. Someone from the front desk actually came to our room to see the medication with my name on the label. Perhaps this is standard in this geographic area. I don't know.
Since the hotel is a convention center, it is large and very spread out. There were six wedding parties staying in the hotel while we were there (one of the weddings actually in the place). Parking was difficult and there's a lot of walking to get from one place to another inside. It was not a bad stay, but given the choice we would not stay here again. But it was great to be at the wedding and see all of our friends.

Room Tip: Conference center is on the 4th floor and has computers to check your email and print out stuff. Als...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear ocalaed_13:

Our standard room types do not include refrigerators or microwaves. We do have Signatures King rooms that include a refrigerator. As a hotel that offers many food options on-site, unlike an efficiency hotel, we do not offer microwaves. We are glad that you had a good overall experience at Hamilton Park with your friends and family.
NJ
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was here for a wedding over the weekend. I asked the staff what the best way was to commend them on their service and they recommended I write an honest review on here. The staff service was exceptional from check in, during the wedding, and all the way to check out. The hotel and ball room were all very good but the service set this place apart.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J A
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear J A:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. All of our associates have recently completed Wyndham "Count on Me" customer service traning, as Hamilton Park is new to the Wyndham brand and we have been going through several changes since our transition last August. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is my first stay at the Hamilton Park Wyndham; having stayed aat some of the other area hotels previously I was excited to try this property. I got a late start so I didn't arrive until around 11PM. At check in the front desk team was friendly and efficent and addressed you by name (which they remembered all week). The room (king) was spacious, what i would call a Studio Suite and had all the great touches, reading lights built into the headboard, 2 big bottles of free water (not the baby bottles, but each a full liter of spring water. welcome chocolate, opening balcony doors for fresh air and free WIFI.
The restaurant was a nice pub like atmosphere, always full of people, staff nice but busy food was good, not write home about good, but better then the average hotel fare. The second to last evening the waitress was overwhelmed as she brought our table the wrong order twice, but she kept her composure for the most part. Again, what set this place apart was, free billiards for all guests, shuffleboard, the "wine down Wednesday" was a great touch.

MY only complaint was the shuttle driver in the morning either played too much grand theft auto, or was a wheel man in a past life, because this guy handled traffic like an angry cab driver in New York City. If I was in a hurry, i would have understood, but none of us were. (As a point of reference I enjoy driving in NYC, and city driving in general and this was even a bit much for me, so an out of towner might be even more put off)

all in all a great stay, great location, great people, spacious rooms, all you can ask for. I will be back next time business brings me to Parsippany.

Room Tip: Pool view King on 2nd floor
Green Features: I saw that they had recycling in room, linen reuse program
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear JBeretsky:

We realize you have several choices on where to stay when you are in the Morristown area and appreciate you choosing Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the detailed review. I was very concerned when I read about your experience in our van. With assistance from my Guest Services Manager we were able to determine who your driver was and I assure you that we have addressed this issue with our associate and will continue to review his progress. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit our area.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 2 November 2013

As a Marriott Platinum I have become used to good hotels but was put up at this hotel by my hosts. It was terrible, not only compared to a Marriott but compared to "fair standards". Breakfast was a whopping $18 for a boring standard buffet (it costs about $12 at Marriott , if you pay extra and it is not included in the rate), with no hostess service (or at least none until I had passed three staff chatting in the lobby and was beginning to seat myself after selecting some uninspiring scrambled eggs, fat with bacon coloring in it and a sausage. I did not know it would costs $18 or I would have put more stuff in a bag and taken it with me for lunch). One of the two elevators in my wing stuck on the first floor with its door incapably open. Moving to the other one I witnessed the doors attempt to close three times before actually doing so, and this with about 30 seconds' delay after pressing the button. The elevators were in reluctant mode throughout my stay, though the stuck one was restored to [reluctant] operation. Although some parts of the hotel appeared to have had a recent makeover, the level of refurbishment was cheap and nothing about the hotel felt like anyone made much of an effort or expended energy on making guests feel welcome. Really disappointing, but it confirmed my faith in Marriotts, which henceforth I will stay in if ever I am back in this area.

Room Tip: First pick another hotel, but if you cannot do that, then get a room in the wing where the elevators...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve D
Dear Steve D:

I'm very sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. I researched when you were here, an elevator did breakdown, it has since been repaired and is operating fine, the repair required new parts and took two days. We certainly could have done a better job by adding signage to the out of order elevator, we have learned from this error. We are in the process of renovating and updating the property, last week new lobby furniture was delivered and looks beautiful. New carpet was installed in the fitness center hallway today and several more updates will be taking place in the next few months. We sincerely regret that you did not have a good stay. Please consider giving us another try when you are in town and reach out to me directly when booking a reservation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
Hyatt Regency Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
#5 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!