“nicely designed lobby and public area, friendly service”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Weston, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

New hotel, clean but the shower in the room was poor. The height of the nozzle was about 5 ft, much too low for someone over 6 ft tall.

The evacuation map in the room listed exits but not the location of the room.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank JohnT5261FO
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Your feedback regarding the shower head height is good feedback, once that we haven't received before. We are in the process of checking the shower head height in all of our rooms to ensure they are all meeting our standard requirement, you should have been able to have a comfortable shower.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had a multi day training event here. The room was nice enough with solid beds, nice pillows and other standard business amenities. Room was somewhat small, but liveable. Coffee machine was a nice keurig. We had meetings in the main meeting area and they had nice snacks everyday.

Food in the buffet was excellent for lunch. Food changed every day and was fantastic. Table service was poor. Had dinner on site one nite. Food was very good. i would recommend eating lunch here. Dinner options are better in town, but the main restaurant was very passable.

It is in the flight path of the regional airport and there are a lot of business jets taking off and landing. Nothing too dreadful, but it is not quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. We hope you visit us again when you are in our area.

Glassboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This weekend was the NJVMA veterinarian continuing education conference. I tagged along to keep my wife company. The accommodations are clean and comfortable, and there are many niceties spread throughout the hotel, but the staff I think was the best asset of this hotel. Check-in was a breeze. We reported a broken bathroom fixture to the front desk, and this was repaired far faster than I expected (maybe 15 minutes after we reported it?) The staff in general were very friendly and tried to accommodate and answer questions. I'll come back to them when appropriate.

Food:

Our experience with the restaurant(s) was limited to breakfasts at Arrive, which serves three meals. The hotel also has a bar that serves food up until 11 PM (I only walked through there once, but saw they had pool tables... very cool). We ate the breakfast buffet both mornings. You may choose the "continental" or full buffet; the latter includes a variety of hot food including made-to-order omelets and waffles. Food was delicious. Service was usually attentive, though I think we were forgotten about one morning.

We went out on the town for most of our meals. There is a great commercial area about a 7 minute drive away; we'll probably leave a few reviews on Florham Park restaurants.

Stuff for traveling athletes:

Special props need to go to Liz, who solved a mystery for me: what is the length of the pool? They have an indoor (and outdoor... when seasonable) lap pool. It is small, but with lanes and definitely long enough for exercise. I am training for triathlon, so the distance I'm covering matters to me. Liz didn't know the answer right away, but she said that she would research it. She called the engineer and learned that the pool is 50 feet long x 15 feet wide (so for those who care - 16.7 yards, or 15.2 meters). There were usually people in the pool, but it never got too crowded while I was there. Both my wife and I got several good swims in.

I was impressed that the hotel list of accommodations in the book in the room included that a map of local jogging trails was available. I've never been to a hotel that offered it, though I often ask about local routes when I travel. Unfortunately, the map is outdated. It was also intended to be in color (with different distances color-coded), but someone had the bright idea to make it black-and-white (both in print and on the front desk's computer), so even if it was updated, it wasn't very helpful. The staff knew this and apologized, but there was nothing they could do about it. I managed to get a run in anyway - an out and back 5K cutting through the campus of Farleigh Dickinson University (which isn't on the hotel's map). If you do this, plan on a mega hill in the beginning on Farleigh Rd - its about an 8% grade over the first 0.2 miles. Especially rough coming down. Be careful.

Couple more things about the fitness facilities: they have a racquetball court (two actually, but one is amusingly being used for storage), a tennis court (not in season for us), and a gym area with plenty of weight machines, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, etc.

Technical trouble: On our check-out day, we had quite a bit of trouble with our key cards. I was locked out of our room three times; my wife was locked out once. I was told the first lock-out may have been from the card getting "de-magnetized," though I wasn't doing anything with the card I hadn't done before (carrying it in my wallet or gym bag). The next (and my wife's lock-out) had to do with errors in how they reactivated the card. The last time, I have no idea what happened. We did have a late check-out, but this started two hours before the usual check-out time. In my case, two out of three times I got locked out, I was in the hall wearing a T-shirt and swimsuit, and one of those two I was also running very late for church.

While inconvenient, that experience did not ruin the weekend as a whole. You will enjoy your stay here. I just hope you have more luck with your key card.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Anthony T:

We remember you! Thank you for taking the time to write such a descriptive review of your recent stay. That was a great program that you were apart of last weekend! Because of your feedback we are in the process of adding signage to our pool area informing guests of the pool size. We are also producing new jogging maps. I am looking into the issue you had with your room key during your last day with us, this is not a common complaint as our locks are fairly new. However, since we remember you we know the room you stayed in and we are checking that lock! Thanks again for the review and good luck with the triathlon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!