“Clean and Efficient”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel is in really nice shape. Bell hops are courteous, front desk personnels are pleasant to deal with. Room is very spacious, amenities are plentiful, towels are clean and fluffy, beds are definite top notch, linen is clean, room is a little dated. Here is a HUGE disappointment: Although, there were tour buses arrived at time of check in, I looked for restaurant for food, was told to go down the corridor to a sports bar where there are very few patrons left. We ordered drinks and food, drinks came right away because the bar was right there but the food..It took more than an hour and still no food. I confronted the waiter and asked for a manager, he pointed out to a man in suit and tie and identified himself as manager since Wednesday. HE actually IGNORED us and continue to tend to another table after he came back. Finally I got to talk to him and he identify himself AND WALKED AWAY. Buddy, never ignore your customers even though, we are oriental, I have been in the hospitality business for more than 25 years, This could do more harm than good. Anyhow, a lady came to my aid to help sorted out the problem AND i even left a nice tip. WIFI is not free but it should. Well, the in-room safe is free.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor and quite far from the elevator. No problems
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, can hear doors banging & people talking on the hallway. Shuttle service is not free per advertised, there's a shuttle fee that changes daily. Waited for the shuttle to arrive for an hour.Won't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. As your review is anonymous we have not been able to decipher the shuttle you took. Our shuttle is free into Madison and Florham Park as well as to DeHart Street in Morristown, elsewhere it is $5.00 per person each way, this includes the Mall at Short Hills. We charge for the longer trips as it takes our bellman off property for a considerably longer period of time. I am sorry that you had a lengthy wait for your return trip. We log all of our rides and I was unable to find it, nevertheless, re-training is underway to ensure we have our guest's cell phone number in case there is a delay.
Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent a Saturday night at the Wyndham Park in late June 2014, to attend a family gathering nearby. I was not familiar with the area, but booked the hotel from a third-party site based on ratings and the map location. The hotel is nicely situated near to FDU and a large office park. It must also be close to a private/small commercial airport, as we heard several planes taking off/landing early on Sunday morning. For being close to an airport -- albeit smaller -- I was surprised the windows were not more soundproof.

The hotel is in very good shape and the public areas are upscale and clean. Despite being very busy -- with several very large wedding parties overnighting and at least two tour buses -- parking was easily available.

Our problems, however, started at check-in, which is scheduled for 4:00pm. We arrived around 3:40pm and were advised by one of the two front office clerks that they were "just waiting for Housekeeping to release newly cleaned rooms." We were a little early, so we went to wait in the lobby. The took our cell phone number and said they'd call as soon as our room was ready. After 30 minutes, I returned to the front desk. It was as though I had not been there before and they repeated the same problem from before. I then waited at the desk for at least 10 minutes why they tried in vain to reach "anyone in Housekeeping." I heard they conversation back and forth about how "no one is calling back," and "where is everyone?" There was a problem, too, with trying to get a refrigerator delivered to a room, and both clerks were clearly exacerbated at trying to find out the status of whomever was to deliver the fridge. While I was waiting, a family from Britain -- who must have arrived earlier than us -- returned from the bar area, where they were also waiting for their room. It was now well past check-in time, and they received the same story as I. They had flown in from the UK that day, and their young boy was clearly exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep.

While agitated, the front office clerks did not seem concerned that it was now 30 minutes past check in and they had at least two rooms of people already waiting. I returned to wait with my wife and after an hour of waiting, and no phone call, I returned again to the front desk. Again, there was a clear spark of recognition as I approached, and it appeared that only at that moment did they "remember" that they were to get rooms released. One of the clerks then grabbed a radio and said that he was going to upstairs personally and inspect rooms, because "no one in Housekeeping is calling." After five more minutes of waiting, he called down and reported a room was ready. Now there was a problem with the check in itself, and the clerk asked if I'd provided a credit card for incidentals. I had already provided that and my driver's license well over an hour ago, but she went through the process again. By now, we were very late for our evening appointment and literally sprinted to the room to change. Only after entering the room at 5:00pm did I realize that we were given a room before the British couple, who I'm fairly certain had already been waiting much longer than us. I still feel guilty about this.

The room was, in the end, nicely furnished but on the small size. The beds are true doubles, rather than two queen beds.

We returned to the hotel around 10:00pm and there were two large tour buses outside with people filing out. After getting to the room -- now with our daughter with us -- we realized that the pillows are all goose down. Our daughter has a feather allergy, so I tried to call down and request a couple synthetic pillows be sent up. There is no button or phone number provided for Housekeeping, so I tried to call the Front Desk. The first two times I called, the line was picked up, no one said anything, and then the call was disconnected. I had visions of the same two front desk clerks trying to check in the busloads of tourists, and being too busy to answer the phone. On the third call, someone answered, asked me to hold, and put me on hold before I could respond. I was on hold for several minutes when I finally asked my daughter to hold the phone so I could get dressed and just go downstairs physically and get the pillows. Just as I was finished dressing and about to hang up, a woman answered and took my request. It was more than 30 minutes, however, before a man showed up at the door with one pillow. We were all already asleep -- I'd fashioned a pillow out of towels for my daughter. I was, however, happy to have the pillow, even if it was only one and I'd requested two.

Our sleep was not very good, either, as we could hear alarm clocks going off in two rooms nearby, beginning shortly after 4:00am. I left at 6:00am to run to Newark Airport, and the buses were back outside picking a tour group, so I suspect the alarms we heard might have been from some people on those tours.

While the hotel is very attractive and well appointed, they are CLEARLY understaffed -- at least on weekends -- and I can't recommend them. While the staff there was overworked, it would have been nice to have at least been offered a verbal apology for the fact that we had to wait so long for our room after the 4:00pm check-in, but there was none. They need to work on both staffing and customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!