“Good -- But Overpriced -- Stay”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Hong Kong, China
“Good -- But Overpriced -- Stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Let me preface this by saying this hotel is clean & safe, but after having spent two weeks staying at pretty much every major chain up and down the East Coast, it's overpriced by about $70-$80 a night. I stayed for five nights, and the price fluctuated wildly. The highest price was just north of $250 a night. It's not worth it. For the price, service is not attentive enough. Folks are pleasant, but highly American and disengaged. Staff at a European or Asian chain that didn't open a door for a weary traveler who arrived at 1 a.m. -- correction -- didn't even come out from behind the front desk, would be fired. The rooms were well taken care of and pretty new, though one of our towel racks fell down, and the cleaning staff left a long black hair (we're all blonde) on the bathroom floor for three days straight. Great quality bathroom products, but amenities were sparing for a wannabe-$250-a-night hotel. The ice machine on our floor was broken the entire time. Food at Vanderbilts was surprisingly good, though the tables felt sticky enough to think they hadn't truly been scrubbed down since the Giants last won the Superbowl. The gym had fantastic treadmills, and the pool was very good. The hotel is in a great location, and I can see why conference-goers and wedding-party folks like to stay here, but the price must come down. Otherwise, my suggestion to management is that you toss in the $18-a-day overpriced breakfast to at least give a sense that you are really providing a top experience to guests. It's pretty chintzy, at your price point, to nickel-and-dime customers, especially long-staying ones. If I couldn't negotiate a lower price, I probably would not stay here next time. But I was satisfied with everything but the sticker price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Adam N:

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay, thank you. I looked into your reservation. I see that you originally booked through us for one night then extended your stay through a third party online site for four more nights. The rate went up with that reservation, it also included week night stays which is in more demand and our rates do go up during the week. I remember the front desk worked hard at keeping your family in the same room when you extended because we realize the inconvenience moving rooms has on anyone, especially a family of four. If you are in our area again and plan to stay for several days please reach out to me directly at 973-377-2424 to book your reservation. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on August 1, 2014. The room was very really nice and the staff was friendly and very helpful. We fell in love with "Vanderbilts" which is a sports bar on the first floor of the hotel. They had pool tables, shuffle board and Foosball tables. Would highly recommend this hotel when traveling in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen B
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had the opportunity to stay during a 2 day planning session, I was very happy with my stay. The hotel had ample parking. The room was available when they promised. The room had a comfortable queen sized bed. The shower was clean and towels plentiful. There was no excessive noise from the halls or rooms above / below.

Overall, if I have a need to stay over again, I would use this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We traveled to New Jersey from Manhatten on the train, and the Wyndham sent a shuttle to the train station to pick us up. Check-in was a breeze. Our room was ready, and was very well appointed. I loved the Keurig coffeeemaker in the room! I was super impressed by the quality of the food. We were there for a conference, and the meals and conference rooms were top-notch! The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent food, nice big room, courteous staff. Close to train line. Well laid out. Quiet. We stayed there for 4 nights. There was consistency and everyone was very friendly. Food exceeded hotel restaurant expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2014

What a great two nights I had at the Wyndham Hamilton Park. From checking in at The Wyndham Hamilton Park front desk to the meals we enjoyed on the property my friend and I had a great girls getaway. There were so many areas that impressed me.

The large room comfortably housed two full beds, two working desks. A dresser held the television, Keurig, and provided plenty of room for storing clothes.

The bathroom area provided a separate vanity area while the toilet and shower enclosed to provide privacy. I have never seen a bathroom so spacious as to provide an armoire, but this one did.

While staying at the Wyndam we dined at Arrive and Vanderbilt's Sports and Spirit's. I found gluten-free options at both restaurants. However having breakfast at Arrive's buffet was truly a delight with the great variety of food they had including made to order omelets and waffles.

We will be back.

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!