“No Notice - El Tenampa Seems Closed”
Review of El Tenampa Mexican - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Tenampa Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We've driven by El Tenampa for weeks now, and it looks like it didn't survive. The last visit awhile ago, the place was pretty empty, but it looks like it's done.

Too bad, the food was good, nice portions and the service was pretty good. Looks like there are other El Tenampa's elsewhere, hope they're all just as good. Too bad for this one.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Another place offering something different that can't make it in Forked River. Thank god we have Applebees! So much for diversity.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Drove by last night( Friday night around 6 PM) and they were closed, building was dark and there is a for lease sign out front.
Called the phone number and it has been disconnected.
I don't know if they are gone for good at the Forked River location but it looks like they might be.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have been to the Manahawkin location several times and will now continue to drive further to this location instead. The staff is much friendlier here. The decor is much brighter, parking is better and the food is superior.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Mexican cuisine is one of my favorites and we've passed this place weekly as we travel through the area, so we decided to stop and try it. It was a little deserted for a holiday weekend, but then again, this is the shore so it's quiet in October.

The place was clean and quiet, so we had wonderful atmosphere for our family conversation. We were seated in a booth, so we were in the solarium area, nice touch.

We ordered a little bit of everything to try the place out. For the four of us, the selection was pretty much across the board. My son and daughter each had one of their special rolls and they were HUGE! One was a steak variety, the other seafood and they were both stuffed with meat and veggies. I had a combo platter that had a Tamal, Soft Taco and an Enchilada. All of them were tasty. The last item was a quesadilla that was also too much for a single meal.

I think what made this the most pleasant experience was the different sauces. I was intrigued by the variety, so the waitress brought us a sample of all of them to try before ordering. Fantastic idea, ask. This made it so good and I ended up picking one that from the menu didn't sound great, but when I tasted it, couldn't get enough.

This will be one of the regulars when we go out now. Short drive from home, friendly staff and good food. Only thing I couldn't find was a take-out menu when we left. I will ask next time.