“Great meat but....”

Add it.
Meat BBQ Co.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have come here often, greatly enjoying the meat dishes but always being less than satisfied when we left. After a recent trip to Florida where we had several bbq visits we finally figured out why we were not fully happy here. Again, the meat dishes and the bbq sauce is great but,,,everything here is bbq'd, too much so. With great bbq you want great sides and more but things are bbq'd over the top here. The chili? Made with bbq meat and sauce, no chili. The baked beans, bbq sauced. The cole slaw, bbq sauced. The meat loaf, served with bbq sauce. For a great meal, order the pork or brisket or ribs to go and get your sides somewhere else.

1  Thank Californiac

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Have ordered take out once and eaten in a few times. The pulled pork I had was delicious, as was the pulled chicken. I've had the grilled vegetables twice and they are very good. I don't eat a lot of burgers, but this is one place I will indulge and I find them at least as good as those at Bobby Flag's, maybe better. As mentioned in the title, the garlic parmesan burger is among the best I had - juicy, well seasoned, and on a tasty brioche roll. I may get that every time I am in the mood for a burger. Salad nothing special, but a lot of people I've gone with like the Mac and cheese as well as the corn fritters.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We have only done take-out about six times and never been disapointed. The pulled prok and brisket are tender as a moose's ear and the portions quite large. We enjoy trying some the tthe odd menu items each visit, and have not had a bad one yet and recomend the "pig candy." If you expect to have perfect f-fries doing take away you are pretty stupid imho, get the mashed or mac and cheese that also reheat easily. Place seems always busy and the small eat in area is usually full on a Friday night. On a night we do not feel like cooking this BBQ joint is a great option for great comfort food.

2  Thank yUCATANpAT
Reviewed 11 June 2013

First of all this place is so extremely over-priced. We have dined in once and ordered out once and both times were horrible. This is not BBQ at all. Their fried chicken is dripping with grease (meaning I held it up and grease dribbled off of it for at least a minute), the fries as well. Their burgers are overcooked and under-seasoned on a plain jane bun. Their sides are generic and very small portions. They have one or two unique, funny things on the menu that make it seem different, but in reality they are nothing special. I ordered a pulled-pork sandwich and it had NO flavor. I had to add my own BBQ sauce to it...unexpected at a place that prides themselves on BBQ cuisine. Going for a second time was just another waste of money and big mistake, never again.

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Great food, tender juicy and flavorful. Something unique to try is the "pig candy; thick bacon heavily coated/glazed in sweet brown sugar. I've had it served on the pulled pie sandwich called the "pig on pig" and on the turkey club delicious! The place however is very small ( like 10 tables) always a wait to be seated ,so we usually just order for take out.

3  Thank Gigigirlonthetown