Review Highlights
Great Fun!

Reviewed 15 April 2018
jackie g
Saint Louis, Missouri
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. THIS PLACE DESERVES ZERO STARS FOR THEIR FRAUDALENT BUSINESS PRACTICES

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ThePaperCrown
New Jersey

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I bought two tickets to the Black Hat Escape Room on a Friday at 4:30pm. At 6:33pm I received a text message that said that there was a "glitch" in their system that allowed me to book even though they had an "event". I had already planned my date night and it was ruined because of them. They offered compensation to come back another day with two other people. I declined and asked for a refund that they said would be processed on the Monday after. Well, two weeks have passed. I called my credit card company and NO REFUND WAS EVER MADE. I disputed the charge and reported this business. This place is a fraud and no one should ever do business here.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We were a party of 7 ranging in ages 11-73. We all had so much fun and we escaped the room in 38 minutes! We had a groupon for this activity. It’s a bit pricey for a one hour activity.

1  Thank jackie g
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We had meant for this to be a fun activity for Mother's Day weekend with our mom. Our session was cancelled without notification, and the owner has not refunded our money. Even if this was an honest miscommunication and mistake, I am appalled that the owner would call a paying customer "evil" and saying that I will have "bad karma".

We arrived at the location early, to find that the entrance was locked. We called the number for the business, which went unanswered. We called the number on their Facebook page, which connected us to the owner's cell phone (as she told me). She told me that they are closed today, that they cancelled our session, and that she had emailed us the night before. Later in the story, she changed this to emailing us early in the morning...

When I asked for a refund, she said that we already received it. As I argued that we, in fact, have not received our refund, she made up some half-baked excuses about banks and technical difficulties.

Finally, I warned her that I would be giving her business bad reviews, which is when she proceeded to say all kinds of unspeakable things to me. She listened to none of my complaints, spoke over me and raised her voice at me. She was condescending, reprimanding me as if I were a child, and gave me the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life.

I advise you to stay away from this place, whose owners have no respect for their customers and display truly terrible behavior.

1  Thank Alex K
Reviewed 23 March 2016

We went twice already. 1st time it was my hubby, me and my 14 years old son. We went to the historical kidnapping one and it was a blast! The intro was mega cool and the quest was pretty educational too. Few other people were there also for the same time slot (6PM Wednesday) and it was interesting to work as a team, learn from each other and mingle. We even exchanged phones with another family who was there as we went to the pizza place on the same plaza afterwards and chatted.
We loved it so mush that 2nd time we booked the fantasy one for a party. It was kinda belated birthday / family get-together event. My son't idea was that aunt and grandma (!) would the place too. To my surprise they all enjoyed it and we even escaped in 56 minutes!
Now I wish someone else buys franchise from them (there is an offer on their website) and give me the address. We are so going there!

1  Thank Agnessa