“the most disgusting and dirty place”

Econo Lodge Fort Lee
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Reviewed 22 May 2014

need I say more than my title? just please stay away. it is so filthy and gross. I don't think sheets were ever changed. looked like Helen keller cleaned room. I had to leave. i'd rather sleep in my car. how this hotel is still in business is mind boggling and Im sure it has violated every health code possible. just awful awful awful. please stay away!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank elizabeth s

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here due to refusing to pay ridiculous prices to stay in NYC. Fort Lee was recommended by an acquaintance to stay at due to being a short little jaunt from town. It all sounded good in theory. That day, that former acquaintance became a sworn enemy. First things first, we arrived at the hotel at about 2 or 3 in the morning. As i came inside for the rooms keycard, i noticed to my right the "breakfast area", which was a table (no chairs) with some newspapers, magazines, and two cereal dispensers that looked like something you would see in a gerbil cage. i will never again eat Captain Crunch and/or Cocoa Puffs in fear that any individual piece of cereal may have been in those infamous containers at one point in their lives. Needless to say, there was a haphazardly taped sign on the cereal containers that cereal is only available "for breakfast". Darn, i really was jonesing for some cruddy cereal from antiquated canisters. Note sarcasm. Well on to the room. Being a 26 year old male i step in and get excited because we have a huge, decent looking 42ish inch flat screen hdtv. Again, being a male, i begin to rummage through the cupboards for the remote. After 10 or so minutes i gave up and resigned to just turn on the tv old school style and attempt to find some sports to watch. If it wasn't 2 in the morning i would've called and made a big deal about no remote, however, our search for the remote led us to find other things. By things, i mean giant scrapes on the wall in which all the paint was off and it was down to concrete, a giant black paint (i hope it was paint, please tell me it was paint) stain on the covers, the shower was looser than Lindsay Lohan, as simply turning it on or looking at it the wrong way would cause it to shake and quiver and half of the pipe was out of the wall, which probably did not help the cause. The only thing worse than the hotel was the trip we had taken to go to Wal Mart in North Bergen because we were hungry at around 3 or 4. But if i talk about how horrendous that trip was i would get all itchy and nauseous again. When we returned to the hotel we attempted to wash off the stank of North Bergen off of us (we dubbed it "the Berg"), however, the water pressure in above mentioned loose shower felt like 7 or 8 (maybe 9 max) little angels were tickling my back so it did not do a good job of cleansing myself. I slept in my jeans and long sleeve shirt in the hopes that whatever venereal disease residing in the bed did not know how to operate such things as zippers to be able to get to my body. My life changed that day. Do not let your life change. Find another hotel, its really not worth it here. To make matters worse, its not even much cheaper, and then all night you hear the freight train sound of the traffic on the bridge driving by. I always swore when i was a little boy i would never write reviews online because i thought it was a waste of time and what the heck do i care about strangers and where they go. Well this place changed my opinion and opened my mind. Have a great day. Its been about a week since this trip and i am slowly but surely getting better, and my psychologist says that i should be back to normal in a week or so when the manic depressant pills start to kick in. I cannot wait.

Room Tip: The best room is the one that is not at the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Carter K
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The only decent thing about this hotel is the location, it is literally 1 minute from the George Washington Bridge. That fact causes the first problem, enjoy listening to the late night truckers rumble over the bridge non-stop. And when I say rumble it sounds like an army of tanks rumbling over the front lines in a war. Now lets get to the room set-up. Two beds so uncomfortable that I'm sure federal prisoners would be insulted sleeping on them. Flat screen TV you say? No remote for said flat screen TV! Paint was not peeling off the wall, it was falling off the wall. There were some nice water spots on the ceiling, making me wonder if if the ceiling would fall on me while I slept. Then again with a room like this I was hoping to be put out of my misery. Onto the bathroom. Towels, stained towels no less, but no wash clothes. I'm pretty sure they replaced the toilet paper with industrial grade sandpaper. Don't even bother taking a shower there, the whole plumbing set-up was about to fall through the wall. I've stayed at some bad places before and never wrote a review but this crown jewel of disgust had to be written about. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

Room Tip: Sleep outside in a cardboard box for a more convenient stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lancielegend
Reviewed 4 April 2014

A guy impersonating a cop tried to break into our room. There was no manager, staff did not help. No staff answered phone at front desk during break in. In fact, staff assisted in giving the guy the key to our door after he flashed a fake badge at them! THE STAFF HELPED THE MAN BREAK INTO OUR ROOM at 2AM! He was arrested for impersonating a cop. DO NOT STAY HERE. There is criminal activity at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 223sean
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Well, I stayed here for 2 nights. The staff was very nice and helpful.I didn't have to search on google maps how to get to the places where I wanted to go, but they were very patient explaining to me how t get to the places. There we some offers for shuffles which would be very helpful if you don't want to go with the bus. The room wasn't very big was very clean, which was very important for me.I noticed that there was also a free parking for the guests. The wifi was very strong, I talked on Skype and I didn't have any problem with the connection.Definitely worthed for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mila S
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was my first stay at the Econo Lodge Hotel. It left me big positive impression. The hotel was located near the city and offers discounted shuttle services to the city. Easy check in, I showed my personal ID, paid for my room and that was it. I, as a guest had the right to use the hotel’s parking so I didn’t have to worry about my vehicle. The staff was excellent, helpful. The rooms are decent, equipped with air condition, heat, microwave, iron and iron board, satellite and cable TV, desk, refrigerator. Also the hotel has fast wireless connection so it was very helpful for me because I needed to check my e-mail and the social networks account and I connected with my friends and family abroad with ease. I also noticed that every guest can use copy and fax machine. My two days stay was very pleasant. The stuff was very friendly and everything made me to feel so comfortable. So when I put everything together, this was affordable hotel that offers you the city and it has so much commodities. So it has a big ten from me. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There aren't bad rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Blagojco S
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was in this hotel during 1 week with my husband for holidays
The place was nice, the room was clean and big enought for us.
The staff was very nice with us.they helped us to find our way to go to the center and gave us the tips in the area.
A lot of public transportation to move to the city.
It´s a really good price for this area
I will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple