“Stay at Best Western in Fort Lee, NJ”

Best Western Fort Lee
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Williams Island, FL, United States
“Stay at Best Western in Fort Lee, NJ”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great hotel for the money. Not fancy, spartan for amenities, but rooms are kept very clean, and staff is very nice to deal with. Easy access to New York City. I would recommend for a limited stay. One certainly can't go wrong staying here, but do not expect luxury accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Neil D

We are happy that you enjoy your brief stay with us, your review was one of the review we used this morning in our employee meeting.
Our goal is to ensure that all guest have a memorable stay, although at time this goal is not reach we continue to work hard on areas that we have failed so it will not happen again

I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Fitzroy Grizzle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Price and place were fine, but in order to open your suitcases you'll have to use the beds.
However, the receptionist was more than forthcoming and going completely out of his way by arranging another hotel for the same price. Exceptional service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Nesco

Thank you for staying with us on your recent stay in the NY/NJ area, our guest are very important to us and we always try to ensure we can offer exceptional service in all areas.

We hope you will come and stay with us agin in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel, we were here to see visit Manhatten.
Checking clerk was very kind and gave me the information i needed to visit the city,he also called me after i arrived to ensure that everything was o.k. with my room.
The room is more of a older setting but was clean with a flat screen t.v.
In the morning i was awakening by the room next to me.
Breakfast was much better than a few of the other hotels we stayed at and was also greeted by a young lady who was also helpful.

I will definitely stay again

Room Tip: Always ask for parking vouchers
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tsahai S

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 201-461-7000.

Holbrook, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 October 2013

As others have said, this hotel has an awkward setup. When I checked in, the front desk person pointed out that I would have to carry my bag up a flight of stairs; I didn't expect it would be in the dark! It was strange walking down the dark corridor trying to find my room. Once in, the room was somewhat dated but clean. The breakfast was fine, waffles, cereal, etc. I hated trying to get out onto route 4; the traffic is going so fast it's dangerous! The proximity to the city is good, however.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aya2
Dear Aya2

Thank you for making us your choice of stay while you were staying in the New Jersey area.

We appreciate your feedback and have taken your feedback very seriously, we are working on several areas to ensure that your next stay will be a lot more pleasant.

Your opinion about us is very valuable and we take pride in our hotel.

Thank you and I am looking forward in seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Bad from the beginning. I called from a friends ahead to clarify if it was on RT 4, to which I was told very easy access ON route 4. Deadly access coming and going.

Lobby was filled with the smell of mold and smoke. Absolutely filthy.
When we checked into our room, it was a AWFUL mix off smoke, filth and a toxic amount of chemicals trying to mask them all. Hot, stale, cramped. NO ventilation, A/C and fan didn't work properly. Towel rack is inside the shower ? All the bedding that was supplied was a sheet and very well used old brown blanket barely suitable for my dog.

Staff were not friendly, did not bring anything requested (blankets, toilet paper etc)

In our two night stay our room was never cleaned and towels never refreshed.

Police were constantly driving by on the premises.

Breakfast ? Expired yogurt and bad coffee.

I have stayed at various levels of and a variety of brand hotels and never in my life have I encountered such an awful experience. I will never stay at another Best Western, the entire integrity of the brand has been lost now, I once considered the Best Western to be a quality brand but after this expierence that's been ruined. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Smarie306
Dear Smarie 306

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 201-461-7000.

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lee hotels

Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I would not recommend this Best Western to anyone, worst motel Ive stayed at, terrible set up, dated, smelled, no ventilation, dated, rooms small, in poor condition , worst motel Ive ever stayed at in Canada and US, they want me to use 200 words , on this but all I can keep saying is overall horrible experience

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Deborah W

We are sorry that you were not pleased with our service on your recent visit.

I really would like to communicate more with you so I can use this as a trainning for myself and staff
so we can perfect our service and establisment.

please contact me at 201-461-7000 or fortleegm@wnwhospitality.com

I will await your call.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 September 2013

If you want to be close to the city and not pay huge expensive prices, I would suggest the BEst Western Fort Lee hotel. As you know only a few places offer a hot breakfast, free parking, and lighted views. The staff was friendly and truly paid attention to your needs. Another plus was that it was family friendly and very engaging to children and pets. The most important thing next to being family friendly is being clean. The rooms are a very comfortable size to move around and not over bump each other. Absoulutely love the bed. I have not sleep well in weeks and the beds were surprisingly good and the pillows fluffy. If you have any request the staff try very hard at working to get it done, which is a luxury not found much anymore in the service industry. BW Fort Lee is simple but comfortable with the needed amenties at a very affordable price...so I give it my vote!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Heavenly P

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel.

Our goal is to ensure that all of our guest has a memorble stay and we live up to the reputation of being number 1 in this area.

We hope that you will come and visit with us again very soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lee
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Edgewater

Been to Best Western Fort Lee? Share your experiences!