DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Los Angeles, California
“OK hotel...”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times for business. Nothing special about the property, nor the area where it's located. It's located on Route 4, kind of isolated, so do not expect any actions!

I think the rooms could be updated. They offer a shuttle bus service between this property and Midtown Hilon ffor $10 each way. They run every couple of hours.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 June 2014

When my group check in the first concierge said that no service for bring luggage up. After I found the second concierge , he asked for U$3 but I negotiated to U$20 for all luggage. I have never thought that Double Tree hotel will welcome my group like this. I have confirmed three conneting rooms from director of sale but when check in I can get only one conneting room! My customers are very disappointed as they are confirmed to get it before they check in!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Patsawee J
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As a whole, I have no complaints about this hotel...it is clean, the staff is friendly, there are two restaurants on site. My room is comfortable, and very spacious, and much more than I expected after hearing of other hotels in the NYC area (my coworkers had told me their rooms were very tiny at other hotels.) I think my only complaint is that there is absolutely NO safe place to run/walk/bike from this hotel. It is on the edge of the GW bridge, and there is nothing but highway surrounding it...I can't find any breaks in the fence line behind the property to sneak through and back into the residential area behind the hotel. I can't run to Ft. Lee HS to use their track....and I don't have a car, so I am not able to park somewhere and go from there. My choices are the hotel fitness center or an empty parking lot next to the hotel...and the fitness center only opens at 6am. The pool does look inviting though, and if I have time after work hours, I will definitely visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel's appearance is nice and rooms look nice but mattresses were very uncomfortable. When I sat down on both beds, they sank about 10 inches(I'm a petite woman). These mattresses were just worn out....lumpy!!!! Pillows were horrible too. Very hard getting out of hotel due to location.....literally on highway....expect 20-30 min wait after pulling out every time! Not worth the money spent!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms with firm or semi-firm mattresses!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice and helpful people. The shuttle driver was excellent and very knowledgeable of New York. The people at the front desk was helpful getting us checked in. The bar service was great at the bartender was very kind and interested how our New York visit was.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jeff R
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The DoubleTree Fort Lee is a good hotel considering its competition at the price point. Its location is very good for people looking for a less expensive place to stay visiting Manhattan while also needing a little bit of extra room than most of the more expensive Manhattan hotels can offer.

This hotel is in some need of renovation especially for the business traveler. When I have to start getting creative to find ways to plug in my electronic devices in my room, then there is a problem. It appears some effort has gone into updating this property, but more work needs to be done. I hope to see progress in the near future.

The lounge is also a bit dated. The guys working there are friendly, but can quickly get overwhelmed by customers when things get busy. I would think the management could look at some historical data to determine when bringing on one or two additional staff could help smooth things out. If customer service is not a strong enough motivation to do so, then I will say I strongly suspect money is being left on the table because of the lack of customer attention.

As always, the bottom line for me is....will I be back? Yes and I have been.. The location is very good. The staff is very friendly. I view the negatives as being issues the management and Hilton need to address. Corporate investment needs to be made in this property to keep the DoubleTree name. Otherwise, the brand will suffer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tpmfgman
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. However, the shuttle only picks up and drops off at the Hilton Downtown, and there are only a few per day. When we were there, the evening shuttles were being cancelled because of long delays for construction on the bridge. The staff did offer alternatives.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lee
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Address: 2117 State Rt 4, Fort Lee, NJ 07024-3209
Region: United States > New Jersey > Fort Lee
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge 3.5*
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge is just minutes from the George Washington Bridge, Midtown Manhattan, and MetLife Stadium in Fort Lee, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy a meal at Café Milano or Sugi, complimentary Wi-Fi, & shuttle service to/from Manhattan. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, heated indoor pool, and whirlpool. Explore many Fort Lee area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Fort Lee Hotel Fort Lee