DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilltop Motel(Fort Lee)
Skyview Motel(Fort Lee)
  • Restaurant
1,044 results
All reviewsdouble treenew yorkshuttle servicesushi restaurantinto nycwarm cookiesexecutive flooracross the bridgehot tubconvenient locationnice stayvery nice hoteleasy accessupon checkfitness centerindoor poolshuttle bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As a whole, I have no complaints about this hotel...it is clean, the staff is friendly, there are two restaurants on site. My room is comfortable, and very spacious, and much more than I expected after hearing of other hotels in the NYC area (my coworkers had told me their rooms were very tiny at other hotels.) I think my only complaint is that there is absolutely NO safe place to run/walk/bike from this hotel. It is on the edge of the GW bridge, and there is nothing but highway surrounding it...I can't find any breaks in the fence line behind the property to sneak through and back into the residential area behind the hotel. I can't run to Ft. Lee HS to use their track....and I don't have a car, so I am not able to park somewhere and go from there. My choices are the hotel fitness center or an empty parking lot next to the hotel...and the fitness center only opens at 6am. The pool does look inviting though, and if I have time after work hours, I will definitely visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel's appearance is nice and rooms look nice but mattresses were very uncomfortable. When I sat down on both beds, they sank about 10 inches(I'm a petite woman). These mattresses were just worn out....lumpy!!!! Pillows were horrible too. Very hard getting out of hotel due to location.....literally on highway....expect 20-30 min wait after pulling out every time! Not worth the money spent!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms with firm or semi-firm mattresses!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice and helpful people. The shuttle driver was excellent and very knowledgeable of New York. The people at the front desk was helpful getting us checked in. The bar service was great at the bartender was very kind and interested how our New York visit was.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The DoubleTree Fort Lee is a good hotel considering its competition at the price point. Its location is very good for people looking for a less expensive place to stay visiting Manhattan while also needing a little bit of extra room than most of the more expensive Manhattan hotels can offer.

This hotel is in some need of renovation especially for the business traveler. When I have to start getting creative to find ways to plug in my electronic devices in my room, then there is a problem. It appears some effort has gone into updating this property, but more work needs to be done. I hope to see progress in the near future.

The lounge is also a bit dated. The guys working there are friendly, but can quickly get overwhelmed by customers when things get busy. I would think the management could look at some historical data to determine when bringing on one or two additional staff could help smooth things out. If customer service is not a strong enough motivation to do so, then I will say I strongly suspect money is being left on the table because of the lack of customer attention.

As always, the bottom line for me is....will I be back? Yes and I have been.. The location is very good. The staff is very friendly. I view the negatives as being issues the management and Hilton need to address. Corporate investment needs to be made in this property to keep the DoubleTree name. Otherwise, the brand will suffer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tpmfgman
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. However, the shuttle only picks up and drops off at the Hilton Downtown, and there are only a few per day. When we were there, the evening shuttles were being cancelled because of long delays for construction on the bridge. The staff did offer alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business