“An Outstanding Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Freehold
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Freehold
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I used to stay at a hotel in Hazlet because it was more convient for my commute. It began to go down hill so after two years of staying a couple of days a week, I had to move to a new hotel. I selected the Radisson in Freehold and have been staying here a few days a week for the past three months, I am sorry I didn't stay here when I first started the commute stays. This hotel is spotless, the staff always welcomes you with a smile and if you want a specfic type of room they will do all they can to make it happen. The Sleepnumber beds a re absolutely the best rest I have ever had, except in my own bed. The rooms are always spotless and if you need something, just ask, from more towels to more pillows to more coffee or bottles of water. It is absolutely the bnest I have been in without spending $300 a night. I can't say enough

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Arnie J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Everything from the very nice & helpful staff, to the cleanliness of the hotel, to the folded towel in the shape of a swan, to the nicely folded towels in the restroom, to the air compressed beds that u can add air to in order to make your bed firm or let some air out of your bed to make it feel like your floating on a cloud all depending on your personal liking, to the magnificent crystal ballroom with 6 foot crystal chandelier for presentations like ambit energy is the best experience ever. I can honestly only complain about two things. 1 is that it was difficult to watch regular tv b/c they like to charge for every channel & 2 is there is no complementary breakfast in the morning. It also costs $10.99 for an all you can eat buffet. So we hit up dunkin donuts down the street. The price of the hotel room on the other hand was very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank dreaaa
Reviewed 16 November 2011

What a wonderful surprise this hotel was. Clean and immaculate, the staff professional and helpful. Our room felt like an upgraded room in comparison to most hotels. I would return again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Love2travel1147802
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Love2travel1147802,

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. We sincerely appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon and wish you happy travels in the future.

Radisson Hotel of Freehold, NJ

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Not a bad place to stay. The front desk staff was decent, if a little befuddled, about how to resolving a problem with one person needing a King-sized bed. It was a long weight and we had to go through two layers of management to get them to simply upgrade the room. Note that the King-size bed had been requested with the reservation.

The rooms are well appointed and they sent up a microwave oven when I asked where I could heat up my dinner which was very nice. Good desk space for working and good comfy towels. Also the computer and printer in the lobby was a god send. The gym was disappointing, as was the breakfast room ... is there some reason why those rooms needed to be so ugly looking? Also annoyed at the "one charge fits all" breakfast arrangement. A cup of coffee and a bagel is 10 bucks as that is the "breakfast charge" although the menu outside says that they have both ala carte and buffet... hmmm.

However considering the alternatives in the area (the overpriced "historic inn" and the disgusting Days Inn) the Radisson Hotel in Freehold is a gem! Exellent location if you need to be in downtown Freehold.

PS: the sleepnumber beds are weird feeling and overrated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cosmic_beancounter
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Our daughter got married October 23rd and the staff was simply wonderful from the very first moment we entered the building til we left they were wonderful. They were always very helpful and friendly in every way. I could not have done it without them. The food was also superb and beautifully decorated. The wedding was fantastic !!!!!! Family traveled from florida, brooklyn, and also Italy and their stay at the radisson continued being just as wonderful with their clean luxury suites it made my guests very comfortable. The next morning we had breakfast there and it was not surprising to me that the staff there was also very gracious. Thank you, thank you for making my daughters wedding a cinderella dream come true!! The only thing that was missing was the coach. Tara,Val,Baha and the entire staff thank you again !!!!

Room Tip: Ask front desk and they will help you with your needs
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The staff was wonderful on the night of my wedding and throughout the whole experience!
The room was decorated beyond our expectations!It was the Halloween wedding of my dreams, I can't say enough good things about Val, Tara, Yaron, and the entire staff who helped execute our wedding!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 28 October 2011

What a great experience! We worked closely with Valerie Lobato from beginning to end. She was so helpful and service oriented. I don't think the word "no" is in her vocabulary! The Ballroom is beautiful and we loved the large dance floor. The food was unbelievable. I am still hearing raves about the filet mignon and the salmon entrees. There was so much food and so delicious. Every guest commented on how plentiful and good the food was. The cocktail hour was perfect. The viennese dessert tables were plentiful and delicious. The chocolate fountain was a favorite. The "to go" coffee and cookies were a nice touch at the end. It was also really nice to be in a hotel so that the out of town guest could stay over (at reasonable rates) and we all had breakfast together in the morning. The restaurant staff was also very accommodating and friendly. What a great experience and I truly recommend having your party at the Radisson Crystal Ballroom.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank valeriekNj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
11 mi away
Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
15 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!