“Another great stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Middletown
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stay at this hotel almost frequently and had been away for a few weeks over the holidays. When I arrived, I was greeted by the front desk as though I had just come home after being away for a few weeks. Made my day being greeted this way. I went into the restaurant and was shocked to see the entire staff was there. I asked what was going on there that night and discovered that some were not working and stopped there when they heard I was coming in for the night. This really put the icing on my day. I have stayed in hotels around the country and some other countries but this is the one that makes me feel at home when I stay there. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and the staff that will meet and greet you. This is the BEST!! My thanks to all that are on staff there.

P.S. they don't have a spa so I rated the fitness center and for me it has everything you need and it is exceptionally clean and well maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Arnie J
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Arnie J,

Wow! What a stellar review! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Radisson Freehold. It is great to hear that we continually provide you with exception service and make your stay feel like home.

Your amazing review will be shared with the entire staff. We cannot wait to have you stay with us again!

Radisson Hotel Freehold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

This business hotel makes an effort to be accommodate the business travelers-but many of the rooms are noisy. You will be more comfortable if you ask for a quiet room on the back side of the hotel as far away from the street noise as possible. The front desk staff are very helpful and there are a few restaurants that are in walking distance.

Room Tip: Always ask for the backside.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Spasister
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Hi Spasister,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Radisson Hotel Freehold on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback from our guests so we can continually improve our hotel and customer satisfaction.

We hope you chose to stay with us again soon!

Harpursville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

This hotel is top notch. From the immaculate lobby, check-in people, to the beautiful clean rooms with little towel figures on the beds, this hotel has it all. They're constantly busy with receptions and parties for all occasions in their beautiful entertainment rooms. I drive a tractor-trailer and stay there twice a week and one receptionist in particular, Jenna, (but they're all exceptional) always recognizes me and has my room ready practially as I'm walking through the door. The restaurant/bar room is great also,fantastic food. Being a member of Club Carlsson entitles you to a drink during your stay, which comes in handy, I might add, after driving a truck all day through New Jersey traffic! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through the area.

1 Thank Joe S
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Hi Joe S,

Wow! Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review! We are so glad to hear that the Radisson Hotel Freehold consistently provides you with exceptional service. The customer experience is our number one priority, and we are glad to hear we are achieving that.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the Radisson. Your wonderful comments will be shared with the entire staff, and we cannot wait to see you during your next stay!

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

5 star hotels could take a page from the stellar customer service and execution at this hotel. Would absolutely come again for the amazing staff and management!

Front desk - Jenna is the consummate professional, highly knowledgeable, responsive, graceful under pressure, bends over backwards to accommodate every customer request. She is a star! Darius delivered extra towels and toiletries (the brand is Asira, and the bath soap is a massage type soap with nubs) literally within 10 minutes of request - fastest response I've ever received at any hotel.

Location: Plenty of free parking at the hotel. Minutes away from Seven Flags Great Adventure and Freehold mall; Walmart, Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse is across the street from the hotel; 18 minutes from Jersey Shore Premium Outlets (if you are an AAA member, you can get a VIP coupon booklet worth $5 for free at the information center inside the food court).

Bridal Suite: Our reservation was for the bridal suite. There is a bridal suite on every floor, from the 2nd to 5th floor. You are greeted with a cute towel swan on the king bed, with a gag Groucho Marx nose & moustache glasses. The bed has the Sleep Number remote control, so you can control the firmness of the bed. There was something like 5 down pillows and a down comforter.

The shower is huge and magnificent (bathtubs are only in the double bed rooms), with a sunflower shower head above and *four* jet sprays for the torso! Two flat screen HDTVs - one for the bedroom and the other for the living room section with the couch. Free bottle of water, free refrigerator and coffeemaker, but no luggage rack. The view faces the parking lot, so the view on the other side of the building across the hallway is nicer with trees.

The room is heated/cooled by a wall unit, and could get noisy. The thermostat also acted up a bit - turn it up, and paradoxically cool air would come out, and lower it by one degree, and then there was heat.

Breakfast: Breakfast is not included in the room rate. The breakfast buffet served at Winner's Circle (a bar lounge in the lobby) could feature more hot items - it had the usual cold items like pastries and cereal, and hot items like bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and waffles (premade, in the serving tray). Compare to Radisson Newark, which features a free breakfast buffet with the same hot items, including a wafflemaker and fresh fruit. The quality was better on a number of items at Radisson Freehold, though - the bacon was cut thick and cooked perfectly, and there was gourmet hot cocoa mix, very yummy and not Swiss Miss!

Club Carlson benefit: As a Club Carlson Gold member, I received an in-room welcome gift of a bottle of water, granola bar, cereal bar and Jolly Ranchers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank K K
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear wanderlust12,

Wow! What a terrific review! Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Radisson Hotel Freehold on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you giving us a 5-star rating and sharing your experience at the property. The customer experience is our number one priority, and we are happy to hear that we are providing excellent service to our guests.

Your wonderful comments will be shared with the entire staff, and we hope to see you again soon!

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

This hotel is fantastic! It's located in a perfect location. The rooms are immaculate and well-appointed. Mine had two double beds with 4 very comfy pillows on each, which means a lot to me. Comfort. Comfort, Comfort! It also had a mini-fridge which I promptly stocked with bottled water, fruit and some milk. I'm not a morning person so I prefer to have a bowl of cereal in the room. The individual coffeemaker with some good coffee packets also helped get the sleep out of my eyes. The beds are Sleep Number beds and were very comfortable. Hmmm....comfort seems to be a theme here! The staff is definitely a great group of people. Very courteous, but also willing to share a sense of humor with those of us who prefer "real" people and not stuffy ones. There is more than ample parking. And you can do some laundry if needed. I love this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NuK1
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Dear NeilEG,

Wow! What an amazing review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel in Freehold. We are glad to hear that you completely enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer our guests.

We hope you plan to stay with us again soon!

Thanks again!
Freeport, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Hello,
I'm just looking to pass along the news of the great service I received from a particular individual at the Radisson the other day. ****** Sandra Martin ****** was extremely helpful in trying to resolve an issue my friend and I had when we showed up. She could have choosen to not do anything because someone else actually books these trips for us an made an error but she kept her cool (with a smile) and proceeded to find ways to 'comfort' the situation. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and the service from the kitchen crew to the Bar tenders was great as well. I do plan to return there very soon. Happy Holidays to everyone there!

Again, Sandra you are what defines 'customer service' and YOU should be commended for it. Take care!
dan

Room Tip: Stay away for the elevator mechanical room adjacency! : )
1 Thank DanD3154
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Hi DanD3154,

All of us at the Radisson Hotel Freehold greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay. We could not have asked for a better review! We are all very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are happy to hear Sandra was able to resolve the confusion with your reservation in an excellent manner.

Your wonderful comments will be shared with her and the entire staff, and we cannot wait for you to return for another stay.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

My business stay for 4 nights were great! Misko at the front desk is very helpful and friendly. No complaints here. Would have stayed longer but found hotel closer to my work and with traffic like it is in the evenings, I couldn't resist moving closer.

1 Thank Tildy9423
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Hi Tildy9423,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Radisson Hotel Freehold! We greatly appreciate you giving us a 5-star review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Radisson Hotel Freehold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
#1 of 5 in East Windsor
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!