“Good time held by all!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Freehold, New Jersey
“Good time held by all!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Attended a wedding and stayed overnight. Our room was comfortable and all of the staff were friendly and very accommodating. Enjoyed the food from the restaurant and the wedding selections. Yes, we enjoyed our stay and will go back when passing through. Thanks for a delightful stay!

Room Tip: try and get a room away from elevators and ice/vending machines!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear F C,

Thank you! We are thrilled that you had a fantastic time at the wedding you attended and enjoyed your accommodations. We greatly appreciate your outstanding review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Radisson Hotel of Freehold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
Great Britain
Reviewed 21 May 2014

First of all the Macedonian guy on the front desk and Elizabeth who worked the breakfast buffet were very helpful, friendly and professional. We decided on going here due to the reviews on TA. The guy on the front desk said they were busy - it was a Friday night and they had 2 weddings on that weekend but he found us a room with breakfast for all of us. I asked for a crib which he ordered immediately but when we came back at around 9.30 that night the crib was still not there, so he chased up for us, it was there quickly but there was no bedding and as I had called already we just used our own baby blankets. The servicing of the rooms was a bit strange as they did not take the plates from breakfast and left 4 random pillowcases on top of our suitcase, not sure where they came from or why? We had dinner in the restaurant on the sat night, the food was nice and the young waitress was friendly and obviously good at her job, she seemed to be doing everything but wasn't the only person working. The next morning I went to the front desk to ask about breakfast coupons and she was not helpful and told me that she could increase the rate, I said but why would I book a breakfast for only 2 of us when there was 2 adults and a small child eating breakfast, completely unhelpful and very patronising, she should not be in a 'customer service' job with that kind of attitude. I understand that they had weddings here at the same time but surely that should not be reflected in the service that all the other customers get. The breakfast selection was ok, and Elizabeth was so friendly, a great example of someone who should be in a customer service role. The hotel was ok, but we wouldn't go back, the woman on reception left a negative lasting impression. Obviously picked the wrong weekend to go!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pippip80
Dear pippip80,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Radisson Hotel of Freehold. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. This is not typical of our property as we typically receive wonderful feedback on our accommodations, amenities, and staff. Your review will be addressed with management so your comments can be addressed to the entire staff. Again, we apologize that you were not completely satisfied, but we hope you consider staying with us again so we can show you the outstanding accommodations and service we are known for.

Radisson Hotel of Freehold
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, hotel is well maintained with very friendly staff, the restaurant is lovely with some nice choices. Breakfast was okay with a wide range of items. Rooms are spacious but a little noisy wake up at 3 am from a wedding going on downstairs, so they are not the most soundproof of things. Lots of amenities and would recommend/stay again.

Room Tip: business class room is worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Sean T,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, our friendly staff, and the food options in our onsite restaurant! We do apologize that you experienced some noise late at night. We do have several weddings held here during the weekends, and we do our best to keep the noise as minimal as possible. Thank you again for your wonderful review, and we look forward to your next stay!

Asbury Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently had my wedding at the Radisson and stayed in the bridal suite. From the second I walked in everyone was absolutely wonderful, the staff was so accommodating and the room was beautiful and so clean! My wedding at the Radisson was perfect, everyone was so attentive and great. The food was excellent, all of my guests raved about how fabulous the cocktail hour was! The reception was beautiful, everything was perfect all of the wait staff were so attentive and they really made sure you had everything you wanted. The catering office even sent up a platter of desserts with champagne to our suite for after the party! We had a private breakfast buffet for our guests the next morning which was great! I couldn't have pictured a more perfect experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Kristina G,

First of all, congratulations! We are thrilled that you had a phenomenal wedding day, and we are happy that we could have been a part of our big day. We greatly appreciate all your wonderful comments about your accommodations, the catering, and our exceptional staff. We know how important this day is to our couples, and we do everything we can to make sure everything is done to perfection! Congratulations again, and we all wish you many years of love and happiness together.

Middletown
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had been a regular there for about two years but hadn't been there since last August. Went there yesterday and I was welcomed like I had never been away. From the front desk, staffed by staff I didn't know, to those that I did know. The manager even tracked me down in the lounge to greet me. As you can tell, I can't say enough good things about the staff. The hotel was as usual immaculate, the toiletries seem to have been upgraded from last time I was there. I must say I slept like a baby and I guess the only way to express how I truly feel is I can't wait till I can visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade and on an upper floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Arnie J,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We are thrilled you continuously choose to stay with us at the Radisson Freehold and always have an exceptional stay. We greatly appreciate your fantastic review, and we cannot wait to have you stay with us again soon!

Mt Holly, NC
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were traveling up North for the Easter holiday and booked this hotel for a second time. When you walk through the front door the lobby welcomes you and immediately you feel like you are in a great place. The hotel is immaculate and to me that is most important. We were greeted with a smile and the front desk personnel were awesome. We always travel with to much luggage and are always looking for the carts to transport to our room. There were 2 at the front door no waiting for someone to return it.
Our room was excellent, clean, fresh smelling and inviting. The beds were comfortable and our room was a great size. The work desk was very large and the wi fi worked well. I loved this place.
The Hotel does not offer breakfast as part of the rate but has a beautiful restaurant with a breakfast buffet if you didn't want to venture out in the morning. Everything here was outstanding and it will be my go to place whenever I travel to New Jersey

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear carimia1,

Wow! Thank you! We are absolutely thrilled that you had an excellent stay at the Radisson Freehold for a second time. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, our excellent staff, and all the wonderful amenities we have to offer. We greatly appreciate your outstanding review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

boston
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was staying at this hotel because my mother had a 5:30 a.m. surgery at Centra State right up the road. When we were heading out at 5:15 a.m. we were surprised (in April!) to find the car snowed and iced in. As it was a rental, I didn't have a scraper and it was frozen so my hands wouldn't work. We were panicking until the friendly man at the front desk went and got us his scraper from his car. He went above and beyond and I don't know what we would have done without him.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear BostonMumu,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and that one of our staff members was able to assist you with the snow and ice on your car. We have an exceptional team at the Radisson Freehold, and your comments are greatly appreciated. We hope all went well with your mother's surgery, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Radisson Freehold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown
Hampton Inn East Windsor
Hampton Inn East Windsor
#1 of 5 in East Windsor
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!