“Wonderful Dinner”

Ranked #86 of 172 Restaurants in Freehold
Freehold, New Jersey
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Took my wife there for Valentines Day. We have been there many times before. We live literally 2 minutes away.
Since it was Valentines Day it was crowded. We had NO RESERVATIONS. Believe it or not we were seated in less than 10 minutes for the hibachi table.
We sat with nice couples. Including a couple that lives down the street from my house.
As always the hibachi presentation with the making of the food was fun and enjoyable.
My wife and I had the filet mignon steak and shrimp combination. The portions were out of this world. The rice and vegetables were delicious. They included noodles(spaghetti) that were not ordered in the meal maybe because it was Valentines Day.
Everybody at the table just eat and enjoyed the food from the salad to the tofu soup.
Can't wait to go again.
Thank you Mahzu for another great experience.

New Canaan, Connecticut
“Good for food, less for fun”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

After multiple trips I can affirm the food is consistently good and the service and decor is so so. I love to eat here but it is not a place I would bring a date or VIP. Even to try and relax over your food is difficult because the seating is sooo hard. If they would just spend a little time and trouble to make it a more comfortable and inviting place to be it would be a smash...but for a quick bite, there's none better.

• Visited April 2013
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Always consistently good”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Service and prices are great. Love the various sushi specials, especially the phoenix! My DH doesn't like sushi, but they always have great alternatives for him. We both enjoy it - and the green tea ice cream!!

Visited March 2013
New Jersey
“Good sushi, nice selection”
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Went to lunch on Friday. The buy 2 rolls get the third for free comes with miso soup and salad.

Soup tasty and hot. Salad fresh with typical ginger dressing.

The rolls were presented well and were fresh and tasty without excessive amounts of rice. The fish fresh and a nice size piece in each bite

Worthy of a return visit

Freehold, New Jersey
“Good food - rushed service”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The food at Mazu is good but the service is awful. I hate when they bring soup, salad and appetizer all at the same time. It makes me crazy. Everytime I go, I ask them not to do that....and they still do anyway. You could be in and out of here within a half hour....I don't like to rush through a meal. I usually wind up doing take out rather than eating in because I can then just take my time and enjoy my meal at leisure.

Visited December 2012

Been to Mahzu? Share your experiences!