Monmouth County Historical Association Museum
Ranked #8 of 12 things to do in Freehold
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This place is a lot of fun and really tought my family a lot.
We had a Great time and it was a nice way to get out of the house.

1  Thank Coolman5555

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I took my 10 year old niece here during the week. It was free, and one of the curators walked around with her and explained every single thing. It captivated her to have someone explain things and answer all her questions. My 22 month old enjoyed the upstairs room, which has lots of little things to play with and touch.

2  Thank cattjer812
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Despite having lived in Monmouth County my whole life, I had never been to this wonderful museum. I decided to visit after seeing a couple other area attractions. There were several rooms in the museum that each held different information. The larger room held stories and artifacts from Revolutionary War soldiers that were originally from Monmouth County, as well as letters back and forth to family members. There is also a large painting of George Washington at the battle of Monmouth. Upstairs one of the rooms showed cannonballs, swords, and other weapons that were used at the time of the battle. There were also historic pieces of furniture and dishware on display.

I was completely surprised by how comprehensive and in depth this museum went. I learned quite a bit at the docent that was at the front desk gave me a VERY thorough and engaging tour of the place. I am not sure if that is standard practice there, but I cannot speak highly enough of the woman who gave me the tour. If you're looking to learn a bit more about the Revolutionary War locally, this would definitely be the place to go. The exhibits rotate out, and I would certainly be interested in going to see what they come up with next. I believe it was $5 entrance fee.

4  Thank serenadethesun