“DELECTABLE”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2013

On Thanksgiving Day, we had dinner @ "the Frenchtown Inn". We sat in the main dining room, which was SO cozy & intimate; the perfect ambiance.

The menu offered many appealing items. We started off the meal with mushroom soup & a salad. Followed by Beef Wellington & the traditional turkey dinner. For dessert, I had the pumpkin cheesecake. My hubby had the chocolate souffle. We REALLY enjoyed the food. Everything, from start to finish, was fresh & delish; even the cocktails & coffee.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Holiday dining can be very tricky. However, we were thrilled with our Thanksgiving dinner this year at the Frenchtown Inn. This year was a first for my Husband and me to go out for Thanksgiving Dinner alone. We wanted to dine somewhere that had the feeling of old time thanksgivings. We arrived at the restaurant a half hour early and the hostess assured us it was OK and sat us early which was great. They had an abbreviated Thanksgiving menu but had enough choices for us. My husband was thrilled with his appetizer of various Pates and I had the Smoked Salmon and Trout. My husband had the Half Main Lobster and I had the Black Angus Sirloin. Both were excellent and my only complaint was perhaps a little too much bacon in my potatoes. We shared a Crème Brulee which was delicious but a tad overcooked. The restaurant was over an hour from our home and we thought the drive was worth it. We will recommend this restaurant to family who live in the area and we will definitely go back again.

2  Thank Mary Jane W
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Wonderful, historic place to dine. Menu loaded with game meats as well as domestic dishes. Beautiful view of the Delaware River. We had our Wedding reception at this restaurant. A "no-rush" dining experience, but a little pricey. Of all the Hunterdon County/Delaware River restaurants, this is one of my favorites.

1  Thank RAFincher
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Service is what made the biggest impression on my wife & I at the Frenchtown Inn. When I made our reservations I had requested a corner table by a riverside window. We arrived a half hour early, expecting to have to chill in the bar for while. At the door was a friendly hostess who told us our table was already waiting for us, just where I had asked that it be.

Inside and out, the period décor is very calming and intimate. We had two servers (not a server and a runner) who took excellent care of us and spoke to us like friends we had only just met.

The food was very good. Wine & beer lists are not extraordinary, but certainly good enough. And the desert menu is worth saving room for.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Inn is such a nice place to dine. Right on the Delaware River with scenic views. Beautiful inside. Table by the fireplace is my favorite. They have the best crab cakes. Generous size and very filling. A wonderful place for lunch or dinner. Very attentive service. Top place to dine.