The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast
US$134
US$224
Travelocity
US$80
All reviewsb bdelaware riverprivate patiogas fireplacefamily cottageghost storieslarge jacuzzigourmet breakfastthe main housethis past weekendhome baseinn keepersperfect weekendsitting areawonderful stayliving roomchallah french toast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My boyfriend and I recently spent a weekend at the Widow McCrea and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the privacy suite -- very clean, felt very homey, loved the large bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Also liked that it had its own entrance. Bed was super comfy and the inn keepers, Lynn and Burt were very friendly and helpful when it came to recommending area activities and dining options. Breakfast was delivered each morning in a basket to the door, yogurt, fruit, orange juice, and a home made dish. I was not a huge fan of the main breakfast dishes, I'm not sure what the first one was but the second was a banana bread pudding of some kind which was too sweet for my taste. However, it did not take away from the experience at all and was not a major inconvenience. during our stay we also visited the nearby Alba vinerard for a wine tasting which was wonderful. I would definitely go back to the Widow McCrea!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 19 May 2012

This was my first experience at a B&B with my Husband. We celebrated out Wedding Anniversary at the Widow Mcrea House and were so very pleased.
The decor is so romantic and the antiques are simply gorgeous! I loved all the period pieces. Our room was spacious, we stayed in the Anne-James Suite. It was gorgeous! So Romantic and so CLEAN!!!!! My hubby and I loved the awesome hot tub!!!! We slept peacefully and loved opening the windows at night listening to the peaceful sounds of the water fountain in the back.
Breakfast was amazing as well!!!!! It was at the perfect time 9am. We loved the fact that we could sleep in and relax!!! All we do is work and this was so perfectly stress free!!!! The food was so amazing. A three course breakfast, served to the taste and to the eye. Everything looked beautiful and tasted exquisite!
The owners were so nice and so helpful as well. They had great recommendations as to what kind of activities were in the area. We had a great time.
If you want to relax from your fast pace world and work, this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The house, the accomadations, the food and the decor were extraordinary... but that wasn't even the best part.
My favorite part of any Bed and Breakfast experience is meeting the owners and the other guests. Burt and Lynn blew away my expectations. Burt greeted us in the dining room each morning and, while serving us a delicious and artful gourmet breakfastk, talked to us about the history of the area, the house, current events, and entertainment opportunities in the area. He was very charming and worldly. Lynn cooked THE best muffins and gave us a tour of the other rooms in the house. She was a great source of information about local flee markets and the like.

We can't wait to go back! Thank you! Erik and Dotti

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jerzeeboy25
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I stay here the day after our wedding, being that we werent going on our honeymoon until April. Lori was unbelievable. The place is so perfect and tranquil, and it really is like having your own home away from home. The food was outrageous, the fireplace perfect, and the hot tub was amazing. I cannot express how incredible this place is. Also, her recommendation for the Frenchtown Inn for dinner was right on the money. Thanks again for the lifetime memories!!

Room Tip: Stay in the cottage!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BWeiss44
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The hosts are wonderful with an abundance of stories to share. The place is well appointed and comfortable. The pillows in the room were a bit hard for our tastes, but we are very picky, so we'll bring our own next time. It's nice to be in Frenchtown instead of the much busier Lambertville or New Hope. The inn is on the main road and our room was in the front on the 2nd floor (Rittenhouse room) and we noticed the noise, but it was early spring with not much traffic. We used to live next to a train station so the noise did not bother us at all. We enjoyed some of the breakfast offerings, the grilled grapefruit on Sat. morning was a delight as was the poached pear on Sunday. We've stayed at many B&B's in the area and this certainly ranked in our top 5. Go.... enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple