“Absolutely no complaints”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frenchtown
The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Frenchtown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Absolutely no complaints! We originally wanted to book a place right in New Hope for the holiday weekend but were too late. We were lucky enough to book the cottage at Widow McCrea and were totally delighted. To be honest, we didn't visit the main house - as the cottage had everything we could want ---- atmosphere, plenty of space, and more than enough provisions.
Lynn was helpful with suggestions and maps --- the area was friendly and nice. We would definitely return !
dawn and john

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dmc469
There are newer reviews for The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 30 December 2006

As part of a weekend getaway, my wife and I decided to stay at our first bed and breakfast. The ambiance of the Widow McCrea was exceptional. Although it was Christmas time, the decorations were very festive, but also neutral enough so that it wasn't offensive to other religions. The breakfasts were top notch! Really unbelievable. The host and hostess very extremely hospitable. We spent time visiting the surrounding little towns and had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sterny328
Reviewed 18 April 2006

Lets face it, March is not the premiere month to vacation in NJ. That said, let me tell you what a great time we had at the Widow McCrea House.
Although the weather was cool and dreary, the Inn's hostess/owner Lynn was sunny, gracious and pleasant. A refreshing change from some of the tired, weary and obviously "burnt out" Innkeepers we have encountered over the years. The Widow McCrea House has been in operation since 1997 and the owners attitude is a shining example of someone who loves her Inn, her guests, and is a testiment to professionalism in a business that can undoubtedly be challenging.

What made our weekend even more enjoyable is that the owner is a life long equestrian as are we. We spent many enjoyable hours swapping stories, talking horses and admiring her collection of antique and vintage equestrian equipment that is displayed throughout the Inn.

Our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The only negative comment I can make (and this is only so I don't appear to be gushing about the place) is that as in any old structure (this was once a victorian house before it became an Inn) sounds, voices and other rooms TV's, can be heard. Personally, this does not bother me, as I understand the nature of B & B's in general.Having lived in NYC for many years prior to relocating to my current home in VA, I am not effected by much. These are common things and can be expected.

The breakfasts were wonderful and actually more than I would eat on most days entirely! We enjoyed meeting and socializing with the other guests.

Local dining is top shelf and Frenchtown is quaint and charming with friendly locals.

Overall, we completely enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning this summer.

• Stayed: March 2006
13  Thank curbnmyenthusiasm
Plainsboro, NJ
Reviewed 22 July 2005

Our first time away in over 14 years and what a great experience. We stayed in the Kase Cottage which is magnificent. The decor is outstanding, the jacuzzi relaxing and the bed extremely comfortable. The baked items we received everyday were too delicous to describe. Lynn is a very gracious host and made us feel very welcomed, sorry we missed Burt. We also used this time to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and this cottage was a nice private place to do that. In addition to what I mentioned above the other amenities were more than I expected. Frenchtown is nice quaint town and close to Lambertville and New Hope so you can stay away from the hustle and bustle and get there easily.

We look forward to returning to this wonderful place!

Linda & Rob Gelfand

• Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cherry Hill NJ
Reviewed 4 July 2005

My companion and I have just spent a throughly enjoyable 4th of July weekend at the Widow McCrea House. Our Hostess was a delight. She offered suggestions on local restaurants and area activities. The 3 places we dined at were excellent and our favorite place was so good, we went twice! We were surprised at all the things to do in the area. We especially enjoyed the horseback riding and river tubing!

The Inn is just lovely. Our room was comfortable, very clean and the featherbeds were like sleeping on a cloud.

The breakfasts were wonderful. Each one unique, plentiful, and beautifully plated. Even the coffee cake was presented surrounded with flowers!

Everything was just great. We can't wait to return. In fact, we have already reserved for our next trip for a festival weekend in October!

• Stayed: July 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2005

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the Kase Cottage at the Widow McCrea House. We wanted a quite, intimate getaway to celebrate our Anniversary and we were sooo impressed!
First off, the cottage is lovely and well thought out. Small details everywhere that will charm you. For example, the owner collects antique postcards that are framed and beautifully displayed along with wonderful antique kitchen ware and old bottles found on the property during their renovations. We were told the history of the property and the cottage (now totally renovated, and with the largest indoor jacuzzi I have ever seen!) was the original servants quarters.
In addition, our stay was over the Christmas Holidays and the Inn was beautifully decorated. It was easy to see that the Hostess loves her Inn and takes great care of her guests. We can not say enough. I have always been a B and B person, but this just took it to another level altogether. This just might be my favorite place yet!

22  Thank whytelynx
Camden, Maine
Reviewed 25 October 2004

Hello,
I am a yankee (Mainer) visiting family in the Frenchtown area and had the good fortune to be advised of a lovely little Bed and Breakfast called the Widow McCrea House.
I am staying at the Inn as I write this note and I couldn't be more pleased! The Inn is beautifully appointed and the rooms are comfortable, spacious and well above your average B and B. My suite is very beautiful. It has a fireplace and a wonderful, big jacuzzi. The anitiques are well chosen and of very good quality.
When I made my reservation, I was told that they are known for their breakfasts. Well they are not kidding! We were served 3 courses by candlelight and all of it was excellent and beautifully presented. The hostess is charming, lovely and very accomodating.
I come from a resort area where we have B and B's on nearly every street. There is nothing like this where I come from. I most certainly will visit here again and tell my traveling friends.

In addition, Frenchtown NJ is most charming! Quaint shops, friendly natives and good dining. I love it here!

Most Sincerely,

Annette S. Hillock
Camden Maine

• Stayed: October 2004
26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frenchtown
The Lambertville House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Clinton
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
#1 of 1 in Upper Black Eddy

Been to The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!