“Huge breakfast selection, busy place”
Review of Frenchtown Cafe

Frenchtown Cafe
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We go here quite often for breakfast. Weekdays there is no problem getting seated, weekends, be prepared to wait. They have a huge selection for breakfast, omelets, pancakes, "the bliss" (scrambled eggs with cream cheese and bacon mixed in over eng. muffins) my daughters' favorite item. It is a tight space and the syrup is not true maple syrup, if that matters to you. The service is good and usually prompt.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Found this little gem of a breakfast and lunch spot a few years ago and make it a point to eat there almost weekly. Good portions, good tasting food, reasonable prices, and a terrific wait staff and owner.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

A friend and I shared an omelet (ham and cheese--delicious). Comes with potatoes cooked just right and toast (we chose the grain bread). We also just had to try a berry bread pudding that is hard to describe. Huge bowl with whipped cream--heaven. After trying the toast I asked our wonderful waitress if they sold the bread by the loaf. She said that they did but it was kind of pricey, $6.50. Well, this pricey loaf is the size of three grocery-size loaves!!!! Because we were having guests for dinner I also ordered three of their apple dumplings so I didn't have to fix dessert. I know this is too much information, but, OMG these were so so so good. They were wrapped in more of a croissant-type crust instead of a pie-type crust. The apples were super tender, sliced very thin, with the peel still on. You just have to try them--my description can't do them justice. Atmosphere is cozy, wait staff knowledgeable and friendly. Great experience.

1  Thank RannJ
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I'll find excuses to go here as often as I can for breakfast or for lunch. Food is great, staff are great, and prices are very reasonable. Interesting specials for lunch and the soup is always terrific- Chinese Chicken soup last week was to die for.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I hesitate to put this review on here as I selfishly would like to keep this fantastic cafe to myself but….
It is quite simply the best breakfast around. Expect a wait on the weekend if you don't get there very early (before 9am).
The food is consistently delicious. As we go every weekend and take friends and family when they visit we have tried most of the breakfast menu items. The eggs always come out just the way you asked for them, the pancakes are to die for and I really can't say enough about the yummy French toast. All this topped off with an amazing staff - always friendly and super efficient even when they're very busy.