“Nice concept...but”

Galasso's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Frenchtown has an excellent selection of places to eat and having an upscale (byob) pizzeria near home would seem like a great option.
I have recently been there. Tried it. Won't be back.
It isn't because the food is bad or we had terrible service. The feel of Galasso's is that of a take-out pizza joint trying to look and act like a restaurant.
The dining area was crowded to the point that patrons coming or going could not help bumping into people dining. It was like running a gauntlet for people trying to pick-up a take-out order. The food was abundant and ok tasting but the price was out of line with what was delivered. When I want pizza..I will go to the local pizza shop. When I want a sit down Italian meal...I will go to a real Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

From the Brooklyn pie to dining in, catering and takeout, this is always consistently great! Nothing bad to say.

1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The owner/chef used a towel to wipe his sweaty forehead and then wiped a plate. Gross. I will never eat there again.

3  Thank LindaD1957
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Got to Frenchtown after 3:00 p.m. and the restaurant we wanted to go to had quit serving (it is a Sunday). We stopped into a sweet little bakery and the baker told us her favorite place is Galasso's. We were absolutely delighted. Very friendly and helpful waitress and loved the man answering the phone and taking orders. Great atmosphere and energy. Crowded and homey. I had a Stromboli and my friend a calzone. Couldn't have been more flavorful. Sauce was delicious as well. We both ordered the small one and can't imagine how big the large order must be. This will be on our favorite's list for sure.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

It is a culinary truism that restaurant quality depends on local taste buds.Whilst this may explain the ocean of mediocrity in the area,it does not do justice to Galasso's.Simple but delicious pizzas,pastas and other trattoria favorites at ridiculously low prices in a cheap and cheerful setting with good service.what's not to like??

1  Thank sweetiesPennsylvania