“Have never stayed at a worse hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Gloucester City

Quality Inn Gloucester City
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gloucester City
Zeist, The Netherlands
“Have never stayed at a worse hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had expected at least a bit of "quality" at a Quality Inn, but this was the worse hotel we have ever stayed in. The outside door did not lock, so the hotel was not really safe. The pool had all kinds of "stuff" growing at the bottom, the grass had not been cut. The lobby and corridors had filthy carpet. In the room the sideboard was falling off. One good point, the beds were OK. All in all, we were so disappointed that we cancelled the next 2 Quality Inns for our trip and booked Best Western instead (and were very impressed).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.

Upon doing the research, I noticed that the picture of our outdoor seasonal pool was not OFFICIALLY OPEN at the time, due to heavy rain on the almost daily basis. Additionally, the hotel was in the process of completing the exterior construction in building A, which had caused some debris that was on the exterior of other buildings.

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, I would appreciate if you could kindly contact the hotel directly so I can personally assist with the concerns you addressed, and I hope to have you give us a second chance to serve you better.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Please contact me directly at (856) 456-7800, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Don't waste your time staying here. Filth, no customer service skills and not a care in the world.
Booked 2 rooms. The first had no working fridge or coffee machine, moved to another room. Requested non smoking rooms, got bed covers with cigarette burns. Forget trying to use the internet! Between 5 wifi hotspots at this hotel IF you are lucky enough to even get to the log on page, it drops out within minutes. Made it really difficult to research open times, etc for places we were visiting.
The 'hot' cooked breakfast consisted of stone cold boiled eggs, boiled to death, much like a rubber ball really! If you were lucky to get a link sausage or patty, they were very greasy and over cooked. Did not see a hot egg at all during our 3 night stay, despite it being well advertised on their website and on cards throughout the breakfast room.
The last morning we went down for breakfast at 8:15, there was no coffee, no sausages, no batter for the waffles, no bread to toast, no yogurt, a few old looking pieces of fruit, no eggs NOTHING! I had to ask for them and then the person taking care of the kitchen went to a table of 2 people who arrived after us, were clearly close friends or family and PILED at least 2 thirds of the hot cooked sausages onto their plates before putting the rest into the warmer for the guests, who had been waiting at least 15 minutes to get them!

The bar was closed the whole time. Never saw the restaurant open.
The swimming pool was filthy and closed.
The bath had no plug, a piece of metal sticking out of it and they could not give us a plug to fit it for our children to use.
The toilet got blocked the 2nd night we were there. We called reception to ask them to fix it........the response was NO, you come and get the plunger and fix it yourself!!

The 1st day we headed out and placed the "do not disturb" signs on the doors of both rooms. They are the ones that slide into the room key slots, so you cannot open the room without removing the sign.
We got back to find our request had been completely ignored, the rooms had both been through and again the attitude of reception was "oh we will make sure it wont happen again". Ummmm it should NOT have happened to begin with!
On the morning we were leaving, I lifted the bed skirt to check for toys my children may have left and found a disgusting mattress, ripped base with springs hanging out. The beds were like bricks and both my husband and I had sore backs and necks after sleeping on them.

We paid $85 a night for each room for the Memorial weekend so we could check out Philly. We are platinum members of choice hotels and have never stayed at a more disappointing place in all our years of travel.
Choice need to remove this crap hole from their selection of hotels. As stated in my title their is nothing quality about this at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Gloucester City hotels

Clayton, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel is under renovation. It is an older hotel needing renovation. There is some road noise on certain parts of the hotel. Had some trouble with hot water at night but the next day had plenty of hot water. Considering what you pay for the hotel it was a decent value.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Simple, you get what you paid for comes to mind. Cigarette burns on the covers, looks like a staple gun was used to staple the bathroom door together. But cheaper than staying right in Philly. Soooo.....

• Stayed April 2013
Bridgeville, DE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Alright it was a last minute trip and I searched Travlocity site and this time money WAS an object so when I figured this location was a "shhh type of deal" I felt that Travlocity would be more selective as to their creditability to their customers, boy was I wrong.

The price was $41.00 for a 2*, three smiley faces so I stepped out on faith and completed my transaction when the name of Quality Inn Philadelphia/Gloucester City was revealed. I immediately went to Tripadvisor to see what the reviews were. My heart sank and I got that funny feeling in the gut that I just gave my money away and there was nothing I could do was to chalk this experience up and pray that those reviews were biased.

THEY WERE NOT! TRUTH is this place is a dump, a trash dumpster and a placeI would not send my animals to. This property is supposed to me owned and managed by Choice and so that being said I will never, never stay at any of their properties or locations.

I am writing this review about 1/2 hr after gaining entry to my prized #221 room on the second floor of an older 1960 style entry style. NO luggage carts available, NO elevators so you walk up 14 steps to the second floor where there are two stairwells on each end of the building where the lighting is so bad that your safety is at hand. We are hostages in this place because quite honestly I do not want to lose my parking spot where I can see my vehicle directly and the fact that it is an open common area that you have NO guarantee that those people you encounter are actual customers or straglers.

We had an extremely hard time finding the one light switch which is located inside of the door jam. Not on the wall but next to the door lock. The mattress is soft and old and broken in the type in which young children can jump on. It took 30 minutes walking around the property to find our room, out of flustration I asked my husband to go to the office and ask for another room, no such luck (thank God we left our luggage securely covered in our vehicle after walking around with the bare basics for the one night stay.

Very small bathroom, cheap basic small microwave, 36 inch refrigerator and what they call a queen bed ...I believe it is a double actually a cheap clock radio, iron board set up and an iron on the wall, no closet, small sink outside of the bathroom with a door mirror on the front of the bathroom. door

I am leaving my clothing and belongs in their place as I do not want to risk the fact that bugs may be in the room. The only thing modern is a 42inch flat screen LG tv.

I am not at all pleased with the manager/owner on site as I have asked him a question concerning the fire alarm in the room which is missing its top part and exposing the fact that NO batteries are inserted, I asked a question if the state of NJ fire marshall felt this was allowed and as of this writing, he said he would look into this and get back to me.

SO please take heed, the words spoken here are the truth and so read other reviews and save your money and get something you and your family will have peace of mind with their health and safety.

Room Tip: Don't stop in, pedal down the road and find a nice hotel in a safe enviroment
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Clarksburg, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I booked 2 rooms for my friends and I at this property. I should have known to cancel the rooms when I had trouble changing the name of the reservations. The people at the front desk are rude, inconsiderate and do not understand courtesy. We were a group of females looking to have fun. The rooms were awful. The hotel was under renovation and looked terrible. I have been to hotels that have been under renovation and still in business that have looked better. I do not understand why housekeeping does not know the standards when it comes to CLEAN!!! Upon our arrival to the hotel from our evening out there were bums hanging around the hotel entrance, so not safe for anyone. When I called to speak to the Owner/GM I was told she is away on family emergency and she is unavailable to be contacted. I was also told there wasn't a manager on duty. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone nor will I stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stay at CHOICE hotels, and everyday I wonder WHY ? Most choice hotels are outdated and in desperate need of repair..like this one !! I am about to head to breakfast but I am afraid of what I will find...no doubt it won't be fresh..with all the choices for my money..I am losing faith on CHOICE..too many frequent disappointment ....oh by the way the Internet signal here is HORRENDOUS..like back in the Stone Age

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
City Center East
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing
Residence Inn Deptford
#2 of 2 in Deptford

Been to Quality Inn Gloucester City? Share your experiences!