“Better than a tent” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gloucester City
Houston, Texas
“Better than a tent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have stayed in over 90 Choice Hotel properties in 2013 and this may be in the bottom 5. I have a rule if the room is clean I will walk barefooted on the carpet, I was hesitant to walk on the carpet in boots. The suite given to me because I am a Diamond Elite was in an outbuilding that reminded me of an old college dorm hallway, the doors were in desperate need of paint, the carpet was worn at least a decade ago. The mattress was new in the 70s
I probably will not stay here again, but then again I am not that familiar with the hotel quality in the area. I certainly would not want to live in the area. For those who would stay here again and again it may be what they are accustomed to, but for me once was enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and be assured that your comments and issues will be addressed to avoid the same circumstances in future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (856) 456-7400 for any further concerns that you may have. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Gloucester City.

Kind Regards,

Rashmi Shah
Front Desk Manager
Quality Inn - Gloucester City / Philadelphia
Ph: 856 - 456 - 7400
Email: gm.nj723@ChoiceHotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sayre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times when visiting family. Although we did have concerns in the past, the last stay was perfect. Awesome check-in...clean room & this hotel is centrally located to visit family & go to a Phillies game. I would recommend this hotel because whatever problems there used to be have been resolved. We will stay there again & again.

Room Tip: We always choose non-smoking which overlook the pool area
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to use and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (856) 456-7400.

Rashmi Shah
Front Desk Manager
Quality Inn - Gloucester City / Philadelphia
Ph: 856 - 456 - 7400
Email: gm.nj723@ChoiceHotels.com
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I have ever. The room reaked of caustic chemicals. The mini fridge and microwave were openly pluged in like a christmas yard decoration. But that's not even the worst part, we saw this and immediately decided to leave. This when we were met with the rudest, disgrace of a front desk representative. Not only did he tell us we were the problem, he proceeded to tell us that he couldn't check us out. After several attempts I had enough of this guy and trying to obtain a receipt was going to beyond a pain. After leaving, the next day I got the run around when trying to get ahold of the mysterious manager that conveintally was always coming later and later till i was told he wasn't coming in till the following week. Oh but it gets better, turns out the representative charged me for the entire stay even thou I was there for only 10mins. It took me forever to finally get refunded for the fraudulent charges. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, 11 September 2013

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, I would kindly appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel on, so I can better assist you, and hope that you would give another opportunity to stay with us for your next visit in this area.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (856) 456-7800

Travellers are raving about these Gloucester City hotels

Laotto, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE. We did not check the ratings and picked this hotel by mistake. As others have already stated...you get what you pay for. The price looks inviting with low rates but it is much worse than places I had stayed in as a teenager for only $30 a night. I have already emailed Quality Hotels and told them to remove this hotel immediately. We were placed in a separate building from the hotel lobby (Bldg D). This building has three different access points that could all be accessed from outside with no security at all. I tried to pull closed one door and it would not lock. A second door is propped open to the outside which explains why the hallway is not air conditioned. A third access point is a sheet of plywood that has gaping wide hole that anyone could easily tear away. There is no security to this area!

When we got in the room, it had a strong odor of carpet cleaning. I found out later when I removed my shoes and socks that the carpet was still wet by the window and ac unit. Since the AC was not on when we arrived then the carpet probably had no time to dry. The bathroom sink front had apparently broke before we arrived. Two vises were used to hold them on...very attractive.

We had to park towards the back of the building to get to our unit. I would not let my wife go back to the car alone. Both of us did not want to stay but we had booked two days at this site. We decided to stay one day and leave for better arrangements the next. From now on, I will be checking this website for additional opinions before we book a stay.

Room Tip: Based on my observations of this stay. I would not even walk in the door.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this Customer Review and our Franchise. As per my apology and compensation to you via email in July, and again, I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

If I can provide any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (856) 456-7800.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

We booked this hotel because there were no other hotels in the area during the Pan-American Nationals Racing tournament held each year. When I made the reservation, the pictures made it appear to be "alright." We were supposed to stay for two nights. When we pulled up, we knew we had made a mistake. We checked in, and less than 45 minutes later, we checked out. The facility looks BEAUTIFUL in the lobby, but it looks like all the renovations were done in the lobby, and that's all. The rest of the property looks rundown. They are all outside rooms, and I was so disgusted. The stairs were covered in dead bugs and spiderwebs, as if someone couldn't take ten minutes to sweep it off. There was a drunk man propositioning us as we took our luggage in the room! We went in the room, and I cried. Everything was so smelly, and filthy looking. I immediately got on the phone with Expedia and they were able to find us exactly 2 rooms not too far that were WAY better. Don't stay here. Take my advice. They need a major makeover, inside and out, at this property. After a month of going back and forth with the hotel, the manager was kind enough to refund my money for the stay, seeing as how we left after a few minutes. On the plus side, the staff are kind.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Zeist, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had expected at least a bit of "quality" at a Quality Inn, but this was the worse hotel we have ever stayed in. The outside door did not lock, so the hotel was not really safe. The pool had all kinds of "stuff" growing at the bottom, the grass had not been cut. The lobby and corridors had filthy carpet. In the room the sideboard was falling off. One good point, the beds were OK. All in all, we were so disappointed that we cancelled the next 2 Quality Inns for our trip and booked Best Western instead (and were very impressed).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.

Upon doing the research, I noticed that the picture of our outdoor seasonal pool was not OFFICIALLY OPEN at the time, due to heavy rain on the almost daily basis. Additionally, the hotel was in the process of completing the exterior construction in building A, which had caused some debris that was on the exterior of other buildings.

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, I would appreciate if you could kindly contact the hotel directly so I can personally assist with the concerns you addressed, and I hope to have you give us a second chance to serve you better.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Please contact me directly at (856) 456-7800, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Don't waste your time staying here. Filth, no customer service skills and not a care in the world.
Booked 2 rooms. The first had no working fridge or coffee machine, moved to another room. Requested non smoking rooms, got bed covers with cigarette burns. Forget trying to use the internet! Between 5 wifi hotspots at this hotel IF you are lucky enough to even get to the log on page, it drops out within minutes. Made it really difficult to research open times, etc for places we were visiting.
The 'hot' cooked breakfast consisted of stone cold boiled eggs, boiled to death, much like a rubber ball really! If you were lucky to get a link sausage or patty, they were very greasy and over cooked. Did not see a hot egg at all during our 3 night stay, despite it being well advertised on their website and on cards throughout the breakfast room.
The last morning we went down for breakfast at 8:15, there was no coffee, no sausages, no batter for the waffles, no bread to toast, no yogurt, a few old looking pieces of fruit, no eggs NOTHING! I had to ask for them and then the person taking care of the kitchen went to a table of 2 people who arrived after us, were clearly close friends or family and PILED at least 2 thirds of the hot cooked sausages onto their plates before putting the rest into the warmer for the guests, who had been waiting at least 15 minutes to get them!

The bar was closed the whole time. Never saw the restaurant open.
The swimming pool was filthy and closed.
The bath had no plug, a piece of metal sticking out of it and they could not give us a plug to fit it for our children to use.
The toilet got blocked the 2nd night we were there. We called reception to ask them to fix it........the response was NO, you come and get the plunger and fix it yourself!!

The 1st day we headed out and placed the "do not disturb" signs on the doors of both rooms. They are the ones that slide into the room key slots, so you cannot open the room without removing the sign.
We got back to find our request had been completely ignored, the rooms had both been through and again the attitude of reception was "oh we will make sure it wont happen again". Ummmm it should NOT have happened to begin with!
On the morning we were leaving, I lifted the bed skirt to check for toys my children may have left and found a disgusting mattress, ripped base with springs hanging out. The beds were like bricks and both my husband and I had sore backs and necks after sleeping on them.

We paid $85 a night for each room for the Memorial weekend so we could check out Philly. We are platinum members of choice hotels and have never stayed at a more disappointing place in all our years of travel.
Choice need to remove this crap hole from their selection of hotels. As stated in my title their is nothing quality about this at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
City Center East
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing
Residence Inn Deptford
#2 of 2 in Deptford

Been to Quality Inn Gloucester City? Share your experiences!