“I would avoid.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gloucester City
Toronto, Canada
“I would avoid.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Pros:
- staff was nice
- there's a pool
- good free wifi

Cons:
- place looks like a murder scene
- sink faucet made a crazy loud noise when i turned it on
- place is run down
- local area is awful
- breakfast not good
- bugs
- door has a 1" gap in it and lock on door was "iffy", didn't feel secure

Room Tip: i would never stay at this hotel again, and now question the Quality Inn brand
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TorontoJeff76
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly via phone or email.

Quality Inn-Gloucester City, NJ
PH: 856-456-7400
Email: gm.nj723@choicehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This inn is older, but was built to be a first rate hotel. Unfortunately, it has fallen into the hands of ownership that has sucked the value from it while skimping on maintenance and cleanliness.

I am including pictures. Perhaps the most upsetting thing was the stained seat/luggage rack. The Upholstery had a coffee stain that looked quite old suggesting a lack of cleanliness and maintenance. Even entering the section (we were in building "D") the tile floor was filthy and the carpet was dirty and perhaps infested with bugs. (Pictures attached). Even the coffee pot was an assembly of parts from different coffee pots, some black and some white. I would be unlikely to stay there again.

In fairness, the bed (King) was comfortable, and the television was newish. The breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lpelletier2176
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This has to be one of the worst places I've ever stayed. I typical don't stay in motels, but my flights were cancelled out of Philadelphia and hotels all over town were booked, this was the only available place at the last minute. I trusted that it would be clean because it was a Quality Inn, part of the Comfort Suite group. NOT! From a distance the motel looked like any other QI you've seen...but once on the property you see that's not the case. The steps are littered trash and gunk, the walk way roof leaks causing nasty standing water pools. There was a girl standing in the court yard in front of a room door, I found this not only odd but unsettling.

Once in the room it reeked of cigarette smoke (they only had smoking rooms available at this point). All of the furniture was stained with cigarette burns. The bed covering had some odd stains, I just took it off and threw it on the floor only to find the quilt liner also stained but not as bad. The sheets appeared to be clean though dingy, so I was relieved. The carpet was filthy...I wish I had taken pictures, it's hard to believe that this can be overlooked. The water in the shower wouldn't get hot (and even the tub was stained with cigarette burns, are smokers really that careless or inconsiderate?). I went to grab a face towel and it was dirty...ugggghhhh! Luckily I had cleansing cloths for my face.

To be fair the place was quiet and the gentleman at the front desk was friendly. Breakfast was included but we decided to eat elsewhere and we never got a code for wi-fi which was supposed to be included too. Not a biggie we got there so late and left in the morning it didn't matter much. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FL_monna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked this disgusting place during the week-end of the penn relays. Checked in, went up to room 263, opened the door and a strong oder of mildew and urine met me face to face! I closed the door and left. This place should be investigated by New Jersey health inspectors immediately!!! Unfortunately, I couldn't get a room in Philly because everthing was sold out. The next time I will stay far away from this rat hole! No wonder the deposit was non-refundable because 90% of your customers will not return!!!!

Room Tip: Heres a tip: stay far away from this place!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank charles g
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Though the property itself looked like it could use some attention and the area in which the property was located was a little rough, the staff made my stay comfortable and enjoyable. From the front desk to the maintenance people and to the housekeeping staff, all did their jobs with pride and respect towards visitors. I would recommend this property without any reservation. Its just proves that good service can overcome most issues. My hats off to the staff of the Quality Inn Gloucester City NJ. .. sincerely Fred A.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank doublehung
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, 14 March 2014

Boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I tried to book a Quality Inn near the Philly airport on the Choice Hotels website - and had a great deal of difficulty doing so. In the end, I booked the WRONG HOTEL (Amit's) by accident at a "non-refundable, non-cancellable" rate. When I discovered my mistake a couple of weeks later I made SEVERAL phone calls trying to change the reservation to the correct location.

While it took more phone calls than I would like, and while I cannot give good feedback for the ChoiceHotels.com operation, I do really appreciate that Amit went the extra distance to cancel our reservation even though he was not technically obligated to do so.

At this point, I cannot review the hotel itself since we are not staying there. But I appreciate the customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MLW2013
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent reservation at our hotel.

Santos, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Terrible service provided by the owners of the hotel, a very rude and grumpy Indian couple. not recommend to anyone, and the hotwl not follow the Quality Inn model tha I've stayed. Far from the philadelphia downtown, and very noise location, side the highway
Leonardo - BRAZIL

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with General Manager to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Gloucester City.

Kind Regards,

aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia
BEST WESTERN Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Been to Quality Inn Gloucester City? Share your experiences!