“Rude associates, poor service and food just ok”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Green Brook
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We've gone here a few times to try and give it one more chance for my birthday dinner yesterday. However, after this last visit, we will not be going back.

We came in with a large party of 8 and of course expected to wait as a result. When I checked us in, the host was rude, he said "really 8? Well you are going to have to wait at least 30-35 minutes, not sure if you want to"... I said we'd wait, he rolled his eyes and said "sit down" motioning to the chairs. Several parties of 6 had come in after us and all were seated immediately (they do not take reservations) and the place was NOT busy but we waited and said nothing. When our table was finally ready about 45 minutes later (again, there was no wait, they were not full or busy), the host turned to my son (who is an adult) and said, how many kids menus do you want and before my son could say anything he said, "well, how many, I don't have all day to wait for you, don't you know what you want?" My son was dumbfounded. As we got to our table, another server bumped into my son's girlfriend with a tray to move her out of the way. Once we sat down the waiter was rude and annoyed that we were still missing a chair at the table and that we were only ready to order our drinks. We had not even all sat down yet! While ordering, my elderly father accidentally knocked over a glass of water on to the floor. Nothing broke, but water was all over the table, floor and him. NOT ONE member of the staff offered to help us clean it or even get us some paper towels to clean it up. Our waiter continued to take orders even though he was right there and saw the drink spill when it happened and never offered to help as my husband and I were on the floor trying to clean up the water with linen napkins that absorb nothing. Other servers just stepped over us never offering to help either. I told the manager that there was a spill and we needed some paper towels and he looked at me like I had 10 heads and said "oh" but continued to stand at the host desk. We used all of our napkins to clean the floor and despite asking for new ones, we never did receive them. While the server got the orders correct, the food came out in pieces, some of it was cold and it was VERY VERY spicy. We all ordered steak and one ordered salmon and everything was almost too spicy to eat.

After the rude reception, service and poor food 3 strikes and they are out, we will not be returning.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We feel terrible about your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Greenbrook, NJ". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We have eaten here several times and have always had delicious steaks. The sides are plentiful and tasty as well.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

I have no complaints. The staff is excellent in all ways. Never a bad experience. I tend to eat local/independent, although I don't shy away from this destination.

1  Thank iamrennie
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

First time at that location. We were celebrating Mother's Day this past weekend. Food was awesome, great taste and good value. Waiter was very patient taking the order for the entire family. We only waited about 15 mins to get a table. Family environment was also perfect, no one screaming to be heard like other places. Overall great experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

It is most understandable how this Outback is going down. We went online and placed an order ( $97.19) on Sunday evening at 7:00pm It did not get put in Green Brook's system until 7:47pm When we placed the order we were told 30 mins wait. We arrived at 7:30pm but did not get our "order" until 8:20pm. Nothing says good meal like three cold steaks at $97.00. The steaks were overcooked on one side and cold, the sweet potatoe did not have the requested toppings and the salad was wilted. UNACCEPTABLE. There is a new Texas SteakHouse just down the road ....our new go to place and one we will recommend over Outback in the future.

We had a very unique dinning experience there as well. We were seated at a table and placed our orders (4 people) At a table next to us a handicapped woman was seated. She was in a wheelchair. Our server went to giuve them water and spilled the water all over the woman who could not jump away. They cleaned it up and moved the soaked woman away. The assistant manager came to help. At this point a nearby table requested ketchup. He squeezed the bottle and it squirted all over the customers jacket. Our order arrived and instead of the 4 Bone in Ribeyesther steaks we ordered we received three and a smaller boneless steak portion. Our server took the steak away and after the other steaks had been consumed (30 mins) she returned with the fourth Bone in Ribeye. Honestly I thought we were on a hidden camera episode.

I have read reviews on other Outback locations and it does not look promising for the future . What happened? You were such a great chain.

1  Thank Foodwisegirl
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

We feel terrible that this was your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Green Brook, NJ". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline