“Average Chinese fare”

Chengdu 1 Palace
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Green Brook
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Went to meet family in Central NJ. Nothing noteworthy about the place. Saturday dinner hour, the place was 1/3 full. Now I know why. Attentive service but food was really mediocre. Menu tried to cover too much and they don't seem to do any regional cuisine well.

Wouldn't repeat.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

we had dim sum, beef, and broccoli, fried dim sims, special fried rice, and vanilla ice cream.

service is efficient.

atmosphere OK.

could do with a little cleaning up outside, at the front entrance.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I was in NJ for business. Of course, my Chinese American wife let her cousin know I was in town. This was a great excuse for an authentic Sichuan meal. We were supposed to go to a different Chengdu restaurant called Chengdu Style but it was closed on this Monday night. Too bad. Three of us shared some interesting dishes that my wife's cousin ordered (as I always let him do the ordering, some of which might be off the menu). He ordered two appetizers, one of which never appeared (we were not charged, so they must have totally forgotten about it). The white strips of mushroom appetizer were excellent! We also had an unusual Lamb with Cumin. I've never had this before and recommend this for those who want to try something very very different. We also had a fish dish and a shrimp dish that was excellent. all dishes were very spicy as Sichuan usually is.this place is very large with plenty of parking. On a Monday night, there were very few of us here. Service was slow but good. They replaced a spilled beer at no extra charge. I would come back for dim sum.

1  Thank Alex080856
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Service was good. Food was okay, but they did not have the normal chinese foods. Had soup, dumplings which were very good and Po Kung Chicken.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I went with my friend on rainy Sunday morning. We both had not been to this location in over a decade, when it was under different management. We had a lovely brunch, with lots of delicious food for only $20! I highly recommend this restaurant