“Always great to go to!”
Review of Bensi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bensi
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My family and I love this place-the food, service, atmosphere, everything! The only gripe-It will close in 3 months as the rent is going up. Too bad-I have been going to this Bensi since it opened.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Felt the need to write a review after my recent visit. This location had the best pizza around, and my wife and I would go every Friday night. I'm not sure what's happened, but it's terrible now. It's obvious the crust comes into the store pre-made and frozen. I see no difference vs the crap you buy at the local supermarket pre-packaged. It used to be so good. Thin and had a lot of flavor. Maybe it is a way to save money, but they have lost a very loyal customer. We will not go back!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife decided to forgo the traditional BBQ on the 4th and opt for dinner at Bensi's instead.

It was our first experience at this restaurant chain.

She chose the skirt steak over broccoli and I had the Broiled Seafood Misto. Our drinks were Strawberry Margaritas and Banana Daiquiris.

It was a bit of a wait, but the food finally arrived. You know when it's taking too long when you start asking questions like, "Did they go to Maine to catch my lobster?"

Anyway, the steak was fine, and she liked the way they prepared the broccoli. My dish was ok. The portions were big, but I came away thinking that the seafood was bland. Nothing to make you sit up and take notice.

The real disappointment, however, were the drinks. Especially the Daiquiris. Or should I say simulated banana-flavored ice. After one, I thought, "What's the point?" and tried the Margarita, which was only marginally better.

If this was a Denny's, I'd be less critical. But the food wasn't cheap, and I expected more.

I may try Bensi's again sometime, but on this day, it wasn't worth the money.

Sorry guys.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

The food is just ok and the portions are huge. I did really like the green bean salad - the beans were fresh and crunchy. Tiny bar and really loud, echo-y room. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

I've been to Bensi twice. People seem to love it. The first time was the Denville location. The food wasn't great. The prices were high and it was noisy. The Hackettstown location was much, much nicer. The service couldn't be better - friendly and attentive. The prices were still very high. The quality - I had shrimp scampi - was terrible. Shrimp and garlic in vegetable oil on pasta. The tiramasu was okay.

I don't expect much from a chain ... but if I had paid MORE and gotten a Lean Cuisine I would have been better off.