“MASSIVE menu”

River Star Diner
Ranked #36 of 89 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had a great hamburger and really, more food than I could have possibly eaten for a great price. Had a side of onion rings with it. Good food, good atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were at the River Star Diner over the weekend while traveling to see the in-laws in Hackettstown. The menu is huge. There is a lot to pick from to include specials, fish, burgers pasta and breakfast. It took quite a while to go through the menu. Lots to choose from. The service was great and food was wonderful. All six of us ordered something different and everything was delicious. The burgers cooked on a charcoal grill and taste great. Nothing was very expensive and most dinners come with soup or salad. All the soups were good to include French Onion and broccoli cheese. The portions were fairly large except for the light meals. They were a bit skimpy for the price. All in all it was a good experience and we will eat there again when passing through Hackettstown.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I believe I was a customer this night when so called "Biggest Dissapointment in a long time." wrote this review about their experience. The waitress Taylor ? looked extremely busy but managed to take her time and answer all their questions. She seemed very apologetic and the comments and attitude the people had towards her were even making our time uncomfortable and unenjoyable. If this is what you consider your biggest disappointment in your life, then I'd say you have a pretty good life. Next time please consider it may you with the problem and not the waitstaff. Also consider that these are people too and someone's sons or daughters.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I had eaten breakfast here several times in the past and it had been OK, so when we needed a place to have dinner, I figured it would be fine. WRONG. We preferred dinner specials that included soup and salad. When we asked our waitress (Taylor?) for info about the dishes, we got vague descriptions with comments like, “Oh, I eat that." We sat for a long time, wondering what salads, soups, maybe a little bread, was. Nobody came by to check on us. Finally, the waitress brought out main dish out. When we asked what happened with our soup and salad, she seemed perplexed and offered to bring them out to go with dinner. The meatloaf special was dry as a bone and gravy had to be specially requested. The teriyaki chicken was terribly salty. No dessert was offered, although it came with the special.when we asked, we were offered for choices, which we took to go. I had to ask for a second glass of water. When the check came, the waitress was reluctant to take the soup, which ess never delivered, off the check. She finally did.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

River Star is a good NJ diner...good coffee and standard diner fare. Wait staff is fast and attentive. Food is very good and delivered quick and hot...what more can you ask for in a diner .