“Best restaurant in town, best Thai type restaurant for miles”

Pandan Room Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Indonesian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pandan Room restaurant is serving Thai and Indonesian Cuisine in Hackettstown area since July 2006. Thank you all for your support and regular visits.Reservations recommended especially on Friday and Saturday night.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have eaten here so often we feel like family. Jay and Allen are the best! This is our standard stop before theatre at nearby Centenary College. Food is so good and so reasonably priced for what you get. Ability to BYO wine adds to the value. If you like pork at all you must try the lemongrass pepper ribs, awesome! Have the lamb shank when it is on the menu, pair with a nice cabernet or malbec, and enjoy. Scallops in green curry is another favorite.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have been going to Pandan Room for 6 years now and every single day, we come back, the staff specially the owners, JAY and ALLAN, always makes us feel VVIPs. Jay and Miguel are the best CHEFS! Not only they give big servings but great food. The Staff, if you ever go there, ask for Lianna and Kevin. These are the best recruits of Jay and Allan. Eating here is like having dinner at home but with all the added flares and great service. New menus are great! The Best BLACK SQUID NOODLE ever! Trust me on this, it is really unbelievably great! This is my most favorite dish there. The Pandan Seafood Grill and Beef Belado are the next ones. Also, the LAMB SHANK is our ultimate fave but it is not served regularly. But of course our old favorites are Thaiella, Pad Thai and so many to mention! We eat here so often that we feel like we are family! Kudos to you Jay for coming with great menus. Also, what I like about his restaurant, I usually take my girlfriends on their birthdays for lunch or dinner. Here, they let me bring cake for them. Jay and Miguel never fail to make my cake served beautifully because they add flowers and fruits on top of my cake. That is what you call service! Not like other restaurants they prohibit to bring cake just because they serve deserts. I will keep on coming back! Hope they keep up the good service and great food!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very nice find. We were just passing through area, found on Yelp. Big menu. Nicely spiced foods. We had Malaysian pancakes (roti canai) and Indonesian soup (sayur asam) for starters. I had "Thaiella" (Thai spiced paella), my wife had semur (star anise, coriander, and cinnamon). Very helpful waitress.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We usually eat here every time we visit family in Hackettstown. This trip we ate here twice. The food is really good! We loved the Drunken Shrimp, Seared Duck Breast, Ponti Pork, Lemongrass Pepper Ribs, Balinese Curry, Mongolian Beef, Pad Kie Mau and more that I can't remember! The service was great too. My nephew said his chai was the best he ever had.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

BEST restaurant around here, hands down. The food is really really good, they are extremely accommodating of special diets (vegan, vegetarian, allergies), and the staff is always really friendly.