“My favorite place to eat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pandan Room Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Indonesian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Pandan Room restaurant is serving Thai and Indonesian Cuisine in Hackettstown area since July 2006. Thank you all for your support and regular visits.Reservations recommended especially on Friday and Saturday night.
Martinsville, New Jersey
“My favorite place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My boyfriend and I discovered Pandan Room last year on his birthday. We instantly fell in love. The Roti Cani is AMAZING and all of there portions are massive, I normally barely make it through the entree because their appetizers and soups are so good and their pumpkin cheese cake is so light and fluffy you have to get it even if you're full! They can make practically everything vegetarian and the staff is always so sweet, I have always left happy and we go all the time. They have a sister Pandan in Long Valley which is just as good. The chef always comes out at some point and talks with people. it really is a top notch place!

• Visited September 2013

new york
“Food, service and price are all excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have been to Pandan Room in Hackettstown a number of times with both friends and family, in addition to ordering take-out during the last 3 years. The food, service and price are excellent! The restaurant is somewhat small but don't be fooled. As soon as the meal arrives you forget the size of the place. I have tried a number of dishes and I have yet to have a meal with which I am dissatisfied - delicious and fresh (hard not to be fresh because they have a high turnover of the food with people constantly arriving). I would like to recommend a dish but I have so many - wouldn't know where to begin! This is a very popular restaurant so try to make reservations or you may have to wait a long time if you arrive without a reservation. For those who do not know, the parking is across the street from the restaurant where you will see a sign for Trinity United Methodist Church.

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“Best restaurant in town, best Thai type restaurant for miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have eaten here so often we feel like family. Jay and Allen are the best! This is our standard stop before theatre at nearby Centenary College. Food is so good and so reasonably priced for what you get. Ability to BYO wine adds to the value. If you like pork at all you must try the lemongrass pepper ribs, awesome! Have the lamb shank when it is on the menu, pair with a nice cabernet or malbec, and enjoy. Scallops in green curry is another favorite.

• Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“This is my second home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have been going to Pandan Room for 6 years now and every single day, we come back, the staff specially the owners, JAY and ALLAN, always makes us feel VVIPs. Jay and Miguel are the best CHEFS! Not only they give big servings but great food. The Staff, if you ever go there, ask for Lianna and Kevin. These are the best recruits of Jay and Allan. Eating here is like having dinner at home but with all the added flares and great service. New menus are great! The Best BLACK SQUID NOODLE ever! Trust me on this, it is really unbelievably great! This is my most favorite dish there. The Pandan Seafood Grill and Beef Belado are the next ones. Also, the LAMB SHANK is our ultimate fave but it is not served regularly. But of course our old favorites are Thaiella, Pad Thai and so many to mention! We eat here so often that we feel like we are family! Kudos to you Jay for coming with great menus. Also, what I like about his restaurant, I usually take my girlfriends on their birthdays for lunch or dinner. Here, they let me bring cake for them. Jay and Miguel never fail to make my cake served beautifully because they add flowers and fruits on top of my cake. That is what you call service! Not like other restaurants they prohibit to bring cake just because they serve deserts. I will keep on coming back! Hope they keep up the good service and great food!

• Visited June 2013
Upstate NY
“Very nice, nicely spiced, big menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very nice find. We were just passing through area, found on Yelp. Big menu. Nicely spiced foods. We had Malaysian pancakes (roti canai) and Indonesian soup (sayur asam) for starters. I had "Thaiella" (Thai spiced paella), my wife had semur (star anise, coriander, and cinnamon). Very helpful waitress.

• Visited June 2013