“Guess I hit it on a bad night”

Pandan Room Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Indonesian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pandan Room restaurant is serving Thai and Indonesian Cuisine in Hackettstown area since July 2006. Thank you all for your support and regular visits.Reservations recommended especially on Friday and Saturday night.
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guess I hit it on a bad night”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Overall the experience was average at best. Food was good, not exceptional as I was expecting based on reviews. Servers seemed to be new. "Best thai food for miles" review is comical as there isnt another choice for miles, and Hackettstown certainly has few options.

• Visited September 2013

St.Joe-Benton Harbor, MI
“Different and reasonable.”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

As this was one of the top "TripAdvisor" restaurants in the area we gave Pandan a shot. Reservations are a good idea, but don't guarantee a nice table, when I sat at the "wrong" table the hostess ran up and informed me that, that spot was "saved". (for a local) and an hour later a couple came in. An oriental gentleman, assume the owner, fawned over a select few tables, again locals (?) and gave us a quick, "everything ok" as he walked by. Everything was really ok and oriental and different. Lots of peanuts and peanut sauces and peanut buttery dishes. We had the sampler appetizers and grilled skewers, beef, chicken, and shrimp over rice with the mentioned peanut-y sauce. Large portions and reasonable prices. But, FYI, no liquor although BYOB seems ok.

Visited September 2013
Martinsville, New Jersey
“My favorite place to eat!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My boyfriend and I discovered Pandan Room last year on his birthday. We instantly fell in love. The Roti Cani is AMAZING and all of there portions are massive, I normally barely make it through the entree because their appetizers and soups are so good and their pumpkin cheese cake is so light and fluffy you have to get it even if you're full! They can make practically everything vegetarian and the staff is always so sweet, I have always left happy and we go all the time. They have a sister Pandan in Long Valley which is just as good. The chef always comes out at some point and talks with people. it really is a top notch place!

• Visited September 2013
new york
“Food, service and price are all excellent!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have been to Pandan Room in Hackettstown a number of times with both friends and family, in addition to ordering take-out during the last 3 years. The food, service and price are excellent! The restaurant is somewhat small but don't be fooled. As soon as the meal arrives you forget the size of the place. I have tried a number of dishes and I have yet to have a meal with which I am dissatisfied - delicious and fresh (hard not to be fresh because they have a high turnover of the food with people constantly arriving). I would like to recommend a dish but I have so many - wouldn't know where to begin! This is a very popular restaurant so try to make reservations or you may have to wait a long time if you arrive without a reservation. For those who do not know, the parking is across the street from the restaurant where you will see a sign for Trinity United Methodist Church.

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“Best restaurant in town, best Thai type restaurant for miles”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have eaten here so often we feel like family. Jay and Allen are the best! This is our standard stop before theatre at nearby Centenary College. Food is so good and so reasonably priced for what you get. Ability to BYO wine adds to the value. If you like pork at all you must try the lemongrass pepper ribs, awesome! Have the lamb shank when it is on the menu, pair with a nice cabernet or malbec, and enjoy. Scallops in green curry is another favorite.

• Visited August 2013