“Great sushi & Japaneese” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Great sushi & Japaneese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in Haddonfield. Their sushi is good, fresh. They have standard and specialty cuts/rolls. Also a full menu. I actually more often do not order sushi when I'm there as their fish entrees are so good. BYOB.

Visited October 2013

Haddonfield, New Jersey
“It feels like, I'm back in Japan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Fuji Restaurant is a location, that I am assured, my Japanese guests will enjoy. First off, there is ample parking in the adjacent public parking lot.
Upon entering the calm peaceful atmosphere attracts your senses. The sushi bar, provides you with an opportunity to watch as your sushi is made, freshness is guaranteed. There are booths as well as tables for seating. Everything on the menu is appealing, my favorites are the jumbo fried oysters, plump and tender.
The $20 Early Dinner Menu can't be beat, soup, appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert.
With the appetizers and main course, there are always more than 6 or 7 choices. The servers are always there to answer questions you may have. It's always very quiet, and relaxing. Another plus is that you may bring your sake, wine, or beer. Check out the great photos on line. Jesse, Matt Ito's son does the photograph.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Best sushi restaurant in the area - hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have been going to Fuji for years, even before they moved to Haddonfield. I get take-out at least twice a month, if not more, and the hostess is always a sweetheart. I have tried many other sushi places in the area and always find myself comparing it to Fuji and none are as good. I have to eat gluten-free. Because of this, I have to go for the simpler rolls without all the extra crunchy stuff and sauces. That means the fish has to be really, really fresh to meet my standards - I am REALLY picky about that. Fuji always has high-quality, fresh-tasting seafood. I am never disappointed. Worth trying: The tamago (egg) since they make it fresh by hand and don't use that pre-made stuff, the Tropical Roll with real crabmeat and mango, and also the spicy scallop roll. I don't know what I'd do without my Fuji-fix. I'd be lost without them.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Hidden Sushi Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Was given a gift card for Fuji which thankfully led me to the restaurant. The sushi was fresh and creatively prepared. I tried the avocado and tuna dish which was awesome. I had the chirashi which was equally great. Would definitely return.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Good service, OK sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went to Fuji for dinner on a weekday. Service was attentive and the servers were friendly. Prices are typical for the area. We ordered sushi and maki rolls. My experience did not live up to the stellar reviews. I would say the food was below average. The positives were that the rolls were creative, and presented nicely. But I found them bland (ordered spicy tuna rolls which were not spicy at all), and the fish did not seem very fresh. I ate there some time last year and I vaguely remember the food being better. At least in more recent memory I have had better meals at Mikado in Cherry Hill.

• Visited November 2013