“A great relaxing stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamburg
Vancouver, Canada
“A great relaxing stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

On a recent family trip, we had the pleasure of staying at grand cascades lodge, a perfect spot for my husband to play a round of golf on a different course everyday during our stay, so much for the kids to do and a lot of great places to dine, including the Chefs Garden and outdoor venue nestled in a garden where the chefs picked the ingredients to make your salads, what a great idea and talk about fresh.

The rooms were well equipped with everything you need, the bed was amazing, the view from the room over the golf courses was very picturesque, a great place to visit with a young family.

Saturday evening we decided to eat in the resorts restaurant Latour, they have a child minding service which was very convenient, our experience at the restaurant was amazing and topped off a perfect getaway

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 177Taylor057
Vincent S, Front Office Manager at Grand Cascades Lodge, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Taylor,

My sincere thanks for spending a few moments to share your Grand Cascades experience with other travellers; I am certain that those who read and visit thank you as well. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your time spent here and undoubtedly created some great memories together. It was nice to read that you capped off your stay with a stunning dinner at our Restaurant Latour, which so artfully combines elegance and innovation. I hope that Grand Cascades and Crystal Springs will become a return destination for you, and we look forward to welcoming you back! Until then, safe travels,

Lodging Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

For the price you are paying the hotel offered very little in regards to room amenities. The staff were pretty friendly but other than that there was nothign to rave about. We tried a few restaurants (one in the lodge and one at Ballyowen golf course) and both were sub par in regards to food quality and service. For $400-$500 a night we would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DRsMama
Dear DRsMAMA,

Thanks for visiting, and I appreciate that you took the time to post a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. Our resort offers quite a bit in terms of amenities and activities, especially during the warm Summer months when the outdoor venues of the resort are opened. For that reason, I was somewhat surprised to read that you left feeling underwhelmed. We have many different types of accommodations in the lodge and even our smallest suites have nice appointments, including fireplace, balcony, and full or half-sized kitchen appliances. I hope that you will stay with us again, and I encourage you to contact one of our concierges or front desk managers to assist you both with room selection and planning your activities. I know that you will not be disappointed. Thank you again for writing and for your visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome, great for family time, girls time but most of all romance time, it caters to everybody, I have read that its expensive but overall it's worth every single penny, it will become my yearly getaway atleast 2times/year, reserved any rooms, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Desta P
Dear Desta P,

Wow! Your review was short, but so sweet. Thank you! My staff and I genuinely appreciate that you took the time to share your experience and are also very much looking forward to your next stay and beyond. As always, we are at your service.

Warm Regards,

New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is some property. It is huge in regards to land and the hotel is also very large and spread out as opposed to upright. The Land is beautiful, and the views from the rooms are absolutely gorgeous. The suite had a fireplace on the balcony and in the rooms. The space inside the room was plentiful. So why am I grading it it average. The throw back to the late 60's and early 70's has manifested itself into a blase appearance. The feeling is not felt, and the dinginess of the feel needs to really be spruced up. The hallways are dark, and the color is blah humbug, not country hamburg. The staff at the front are wonderful and everyone seemed genuinely kind, courteous and very professional. The Golf courses are awesome and the trails are fantastic.
I just feel that the colors and the accessories in the halls, and rooms need some more color and brightness to make it look clean and current.
I am sure if that doesn't bother you, you will have much to enjoy.

Room Tip: Take a suite and have some room and more amenities.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank passionrules
Dear Passion Rules,

My thanks to you for visiting Grand Cascades Lodge, and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay! As you pointed out, and I am in full agreement, one of the best amenities that we offer our guests is the ability to take-in breath-taking views architected by Mother Nature and to stroll and explore the immaculate grounds of which we are most proud. I, myself, probably take as many pictures of our grounds as any other traveller who visits, and I have been here for six years--really stunning. I understand that the room and hall decor were not your preference, and I appreciate your candor and objectivity in your review. If not for another overnight, maybe we will see you again on the golf course or at the restaurant. Until then, safe travels,

Brookhaven, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for memorial day weekend, a last minute arrangement trying to get away from Long Island. What a great experience! Excellent golf courses, fine dining and lavish suite. We were able to play at all the golf courses, use the pool facilities and even squeeze a spa massage the last night. The biosphere pool is amazing.
Cant wait for the fall!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vincent S, Front Office Manager at Grand Cascades Lodge, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Ellie,

Thanks for choosing Grand Cascades Lodge for a last minute getaway. So glad that you enjoyed your time here and got a chance to experience our amenities. If you played all 7 of our golf courses in just one visit, then I take my hat off to you! If you played just the courses here at our lodge, then I know you had 3 awesome rounds of golf, and I encourage you to try Ballyowen and the other offsite courses next time you visit. Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review and come visit again soon. Until then, safe travels,

Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our first stay at Grand Cascades after receiving a gift card as a Christmas Present. The lodge sits atop a mountain with wonderful views in all directions. The lodge is huge and we got exercise walking to the pool, pro shop and restaurant which was located on the opposite end of the hotel from where our room was. We stayed in a suite which had all the comforts of home. Kitchen, sitting room, bedroom and large bath with its own tv. It was spotless. The entire staff was very helpful and polite. They have three restaurants at Grand Cascades however the best ones were only open for weekends during our recent visit. The Crystal Tavern was good but I would say a little pricey. The burger was not very good but the roasted chicken I had for dinner was great. Breakfast was also very good. We also tried Kites which is located at another property, Mineral Springs, which was good, not great. There seem to be pools everywhere on the property. We spent one afternoon in the biosphere pool which was like a little tropical retreat. Also tried the sauna, steamroom and whirlpool which are all located in the biosphere. All pretty cool. There are so many little places to sit outside, each wilth it own fireplace. I wish the weather was a little warmer so we could of enjoyed these spots. And if you golf there are two courses to chose from. I have put this place on my return list.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Brian,

Thanks for your visit and review, and thanks to whomever gave you the lovely gift of an escape to Grand Cascades Lodge--very nice! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to explore some of the little nooks and crannies that help create the relaxing environment we are proud to offer. We all sincerely appreciate your recommendation and most definitely look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We recently had a family gathering at Grand Cascades since it seemed to be a good meeting place because we were traveling from 4 states. The resort far exceeded our expectations. Scenery was breathtaking, staff was "Disney" friendly, all the rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated with nice upscale touches. We had a variety of different rooms, the 1 bedroom suites were roomy and our gathering spots, the gorgeous large bathroom with deep Jacuzzi tub was unbelievable, the mini suite though smaller, also nice and also with a patio, and the regular 2 queen bed room was average size with a nice bathroom. When we arrived back in our room at 3 oclock on day 2, the room had not been made up and we needed towels. A call to the desk resulted in a swat team of 6 within minutes, who immediately supplied all our needs, made beds, cleaned up etc.
The biosphere was lovely and tropical though smaller than I imagined it would be, and the grounds allowed the children to run around and play "chess", ping pong, bumper pool.
We ate at both Kites and Crystal Tavern, both good value, and our waiters, Nick and Jared, were extremely personable, and the service was excellent. While at Kites, we checked out Mineral Springs, which is less expensive, part of the family of hotels and equally lovely. My husband and I booked a return trip there for our anniversary in September.
If I had any suggestion, it would be some grab and go spots, to pick up a quick snack especially for the kids, (although we did have a fully equipped kitchen) without going to the restaurant or poolside (which had limited hours). I was also a little disappointed that our party which included my 95 y/o Mom and 3-11 year old children, was spread on 3 different floors, when we requested that they be near each other when we registered in December.
I had seem some negative reviews of this property, and find it hard to imagine anyone finding fault with this elegant, clean, unusual and friendly establishment.
All in all, another large family party is already planned and booked for Dec 2014, and this will be my go to 'happy place" from now on. We will be back many times.

Room Tip: our suite #420 was outstanding with great views and a fire pit on the patio
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank skordzek
Vincent S, Front Office Manager at Grand Cascades Lodge, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear skordzek,

May I begin by saying that I was touched by your kind review, and I most definitely speak for the hotel staff as well. It truly is our pleasure to provide the highest level of attentive, friendly service. I am so glad that it was experience. As you noted, our expansive property has much to offer, and I am glad you will be visiting us again (and again). Please do not forget that for booking your return so soon after checkout you receive $50 to spend on incidentals for each room during your upcoming visit.

Thanks again for posting and see you again soon,

Lodging Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Quality Inn near Mountain Creek
Minerals Hotel
Minerals Hotel
#1 of 2 in Vernon
Mountain Creek - The Appalachian & Black Creek Sanctuary

Been to Grand Cascades Lodge? Share your experiences!