“Interesting local joint”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Quakerbridge Road
Description: Quality means more at Bill's Olde Tavern. It's fresh 100% USDA Choice or Prime ground beef formed into perfectly grilled, Handcrafted Burgers that redefine an American classic. Quality is seasonal vine ripened tomatoes and crisp leaf lettuce still glistening with garden dew. It's smoked bacon and premium cheeses and an uncompromising commitment to providing you the best. Passion is people. People who love what they do and take your enjoyment personally. Passion is what to expect from the people who take your order and the people who craft your meal. Everyone you meet here is happy you've come, and they're genuinely dedicated to having you visit with us frequently. Pride makes us a family. This is our home. You are our guest. And we will attend to your dining experience with a degree of care and attention to detail unrivaled anywhere. A deep desire to serve others is the secret weapon of a gracious host. And it's why, at Bill's Olde Tavern, we want you to always leave with a smile.
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It really is an OLD tavern. Plank floors, lots of charm. Try the German dishes - the weiner schnitzel is to die for.

1  Thank 19mrpb58

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Went to Bill's for their Wednesday burger special.. 10oz burger, unlimited fries, and a drink for $6.99. Not only was the price great, but the burger was AWESOME. Fresh beef, fresh bread. And the unlimited fries were top notch. Looking forward to trying some of their other items soon..

1  Thank MikeSap
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Every time I'm I went I had a great time and great food wether it was lunch, dinner, or after hours. The service es always far and friendly and the value is right on.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

We traveled about 15 miles to go there; are friends recommended it.
When we arrived we were given a menu-actually two. One listed two meals for $22 including soup, appetizer, entree and beverage. If you wanted from the limited choice, this may be a better buy.
We wanted something else. However, our friends assured us that menu had changed significantly.
One feature: Prime Rib was only available on weekends. So guide yourself accordingly.
My wife liked he brisket and sort of liked my southwest style brisket.
I guess we could say we sort of liked the food but were disappointed by the menu selections.
As to price: Go to Restaurant.com and get a discount, otherwise the bottom line was too pricey for what we got.
In short, if you are in the neighborhood and if you have a discount ticket then its a definit maybe.
Oh yeah, the web reservation system didn't work. The staff said they never check it. 'Nuff said.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I liked Bill's Old Tavern. I stopped in with my son. I know some of the reviews were not so kind. Our food was good. We had what was recommended, pan pizza served in a skillet and stayed hot to the last bite, and a reuben piled with meat and served with what looked like real potato, homemade french fries. We sat at the bar and chatted with the friendly bartender. A guy beside me, who introduced himself as a local plumber and did work occasionally for this place, said it was one of the few restaurants he frequented (meaning he know s the kitchen is clean!). I saw a fried chicken salad go out that I'll order when I go back.

It was rustic and seemed to be a local favorite. In fact the bartender said it was very busy with business people after work and a good happy hour place. Oh...the draft beer was $1.75 and my rum and coke $3.00. While we were there someone was having a bridal shower in the front room ( a unique place for one), but there was still plenty of room for the lunch crowd. I understand there is a downstairs also. It has some interesting historical significance and may have been part of the underground railroad at one time. I hope to make it back next time I'm in town.