“Very pleasant tea shop”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Melbris Tea House
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Very nice friendly tea shop with a lovely atmosphere. Sat by the fireplace on a cold day drinking tea and wonderful scone and clotted cream. Also tried the quiche and it was very tasty. Good tea selection but not huge, a few nice black teas but more green tea varieties. Will definitely go back and will try the high tea.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

If I won the lottery, I would lunch here everyday until I ran out of friends to share this gem with. The decor is still evolving, but each addition is a welcome one--new blue and white plates line the walls now, and of course, the cubbies full of tea pots and cups and saucers. I have never tasted a soup I didn't like here, but the quiches are to die for. They come with a green salad dressed in a house tomato vinegarette. The croutons are the crusts they cut off the tea sandwiches--reduce, reuse, recycle. Sandwiches are available as tea size or regular size, and they have at least 3 different scone selections a day. I love a pot of mango green tea when I visit, but I am sure you will find your own favorite among the large tea menu. They also have 2 full teas (advance reservations needed), but I have had the Full Monty, and it is well worth waiting for. For the holiday season, they dressed the hot chocolate with a solid chocolate fleur de lis and a candy cane, boy was I envious of the people that ordered that. I will be back here again, and again, and again.