“Disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hammonton
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Ever since this became an EconoLodge hotel, it has gone down in cleanliness significantly. The room we stayed in was alright but there were cigarette butts on the floor, burn holes on the bed and lights that did not work. We also noticed the fridge and microwave were very dirty, What really bothered me was when we went to get ice from the ice machine, we tried for a few minutes and it wasn't working. We opened up the door and realized the machine was not running and there was dirt and cigarette butts inside of the machine. Right next to that was the laundry room and upon walking into the room I realized that all of the "clean" towels and sheets were laying on shelves splattered with clayish dirt, the sink was full of dirt and the floor and walls were literally covered in dirt. When I was checking out I noticed that my bank account was charged twice and the man at the desk swore if was not a hold put on the money by the hotel but yet when I called my bank they said it absolutely was. I also am pretty sure I was overcharged for my room. But putting aside ALL of that, when I was standing at the check out desk I noticed there was a note with a cockroach taped to it and someone had written "this is disgusting, we left at 9:40 for a cleaner hotel" and that all being said, I would NEVER recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: no rooms are worth staying in
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SJG4L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel because of its location. Close to shopping and entertainment . And to all the soccer fields. Outside was clean and picked up. Some fall flowers outside the lobby could be thrown out. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were plenty and soft. Things looked a bit beat but overall not bad for a Econo hotel. I loved the shower head. Great pressure and plenty of hot water. Even the light in the shower area did not work and a table lamp at the table would help when working there. The breakfast was included and ok. The lady working in the breakfast room was friendly and helpful. And I slept two nights without interruption . Good enough for me
T

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steyr1946
Redding, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Room clean, bed comfortable (there was also a fridge and microwave in the room) and breakfast being included was a bonus. Be prepared to make your own waffles but the kids enjoyed that. My son and I stayed here while attending a nearby soccer tournament as it beat going 20 miles away to the 'team hotel'. It's a budget hotel, so be prepared for minor things like the towel rail being broken and the shower draining slowly. Staff were friendly and helpful. We'll stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 15MW
Somerset, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I went to the Pine Barrens for our wedding anniversary trip in May this year. We usually like to stay in B&Bs, but they are scarce on the ground in the area between Wharton State Forest and Atlantic City. We wanted to be there to take advantage of the proximity of so many small wineries. Anyway, we picked the Hammonton Inn from the available hostelries, because it was located central to all the wineries we wanted to visit. When we arrived in Hammonton after a journey riddled with traffic jams, we drove up and down the highway twice, unable to locate the Hammonton Inn. We finally called the hotel, only to discover that it is no longer the Hammonton Inn. It is now an ECONOLODGE. We had to go to the front desk to ask for towels, as housekeeping had failed to provide them. Housekeeping had also failed to clean the little coffee pot that was provided in the room, so I had to clean that myself before making morning coffee. Otherwise, the room was clean enough, the bed was comfortable enough, and the cable was working. We did have to unscrew the heat lamp in the bathroom, as the timer switch was broken. As for the "breakfast," you can eat at the "buffet" provided by the hotel, but I would suggest going up the road to the diner. The hotel is inexpensive, and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheCatherine

Travellers are raving about these Hammonton hotels

Crisfield, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

this year i have stayed at hj in hammonton on three different ocasions each was better than the one before.the rooms were clean and neat.the staff was very accomadating.the rates werevery good.the continental breakfast was great and.the manager steve was easy to talk to and knowledgeable.i have stayed elseware at twice the price without twice the class.steve keep up the great work see you soon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank henry k
Foley Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

As a FEMA contractor for hurriicane SANDY i found this place just a good way from Atlantic City to stay while helping the people with damages in Atlantic City and surrounding area. The Managment and personnel were outstanding and tried their very best to be helpful and make the stay as homey as possible.There were long days in the field and most times it was a pleasure to return to my home away from home. Good food in the area and excellent working conditions in the evening helped to make this trip successful and my recommendation is 'GO THERE -STAY THERE'.... thanks you guys for all the help.

Room Tip: Ground floor near the coffee pot in the kitchen
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Joe W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammonton
BEST WESTERN Monroe Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!