“Always consistent”

Columbia
“Always consistent”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Always consistent:

My stays here have always been close to perfect. From our first step in the front door until Christian drops us back at the airport, I rarely have a complaint, and if I do there is never a hesitancy to resolve it asap.

All the CSR's are exceedingly friendly and will go out of the way to find us rooms that meet our requirements. They are awesome at accommodating all requests... extra water, foam pillows etc. The communication must be instantaneous as usually the housekeeping staff is at my door before I can get my face washed.

When the Bath faucet was leaking, maintenance asked when would be best to fix it and, when I returned.... problem solved.

The gym is always kept up and the new pool deck is perfect.

Breakfast and meals, whether at the bar, in the room or out-doors, is always prepared perfectly.

Maria, Alvin and all the breakfast staff are always welcome sights first thing in the morning, with hot fresh coffee and willing to accommodate special off menu requests.

Dominick and Jen are the most awesome tenders around and often the reason we dine here rather than shaking up our menu elsewhere. We could get a rental car when we are here, but it is not needed as they have many food options and they are always great.

Two reminders, be sure to show up for 'Martini Wednesday', and ask for a city view room, the view of NYC during sunrise and sunset can be awesome. It is a bit louder when the aircraft are departing east and north, but If you like plane spotting you wont mind at all, and its really not that loud anyway.

It is a welcome change to other hotels we stay at to be treated by everyone here like this is our home!

We shall be back!

Room Tip: It is a bit louder on the City Side, but worth it!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ZenPilot
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
Dear Zen Pilot:

Thank you for your positive comments and recognizing the team here at the hotel.
As always, our goal is to ensure every guest leaves satisfied and that their stay is an enjoyable one and if we fall short of that goal, an opportunity to make it right before you leave.

I'm glad you enjoyed all the amenities, services and personalized attention the hotel has to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
St. Louis
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I met a couple of friends here for a costuming convention in May. It's in a very convenient location right off of the interstate. The parking for our event was free even though it's usually $10. Kind of nice.

The convention area was a little sprawled out but pretty and well-maintained. The hotel room was very small with a stupid closet setup that made it so that EITHER the closet door OR the room door could be open at one time. That got very annoying when we'd be getting something out of the closet, and someone would try to get in before we'd closed the closet door. Closet was also half the size of a normal hotel closet. Stupid design.

Bathroom was fine. Big counter. Water was really hot. Hot enough to cook ramen hot. I know. I cooked ramen with it.

Everything else was fine. Nothing special. View of New York skyline was neat but still pretty far away.

There was one other issue. The front desk sent out a reservation confirmation only charging half of the price of the room and gave us a sheet at check-in stating similar. When our friends checked out after we left, they were charged the original price though everything they had been sent reflected half of the price. That was bizarre and made them pretty angry.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear wraithofmusic:

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the New York City view, big bathroom counter, hotel’s location and overall satisfaction with your stay. The hotel team enjoyed servicing your convention. It was one of the most interesting and enjoyable we have experienced in some time.

The closet door concern you note is something we have noted and will consider as a part of any future updates. I thank you for the feedback and observation.

The “Business Practice” your friends’ experienced is somewhat of a mystery to me as well. That is not something we would do. I would be happy to address this if you can provide additional details and documentation. I can be reached at 201 298-2434.
USA
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I stayed here on a one night business trip to the area. My king room was clean and bed was comfortable. It had the standard amenities that you would find in any Hilton.

Unfortunately, the hallways and common areas were filthy - hallway carpets littered with bits and pieces of stuff, looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in months.

The front desk staff was friendly, helped answer my questions about parking and my bill.

• Stayed June 2011
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Dear trvlgrl99:

Thank you for your feedback and positive comments recognizing your clean room and front desk staff. Our goal is to ensure every guests’ satisfaction and exceed expectations in a way that you will remember. I am sorry that your corridor was left in this condition during your stay with us. I can assure you that corridors are vacuumed and picked-up daily however it seems on this occasion our timing may have been off. I will look into this matter.

I have shared your welcomed feedback with my team and will do more to address those areas of concern you mentioned.
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband attended a meeting at the Hasbrouck Heights Hilton . I went with him for the 2 night stay. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. There was a nice view of the NY skyline from the hospitality room the first night. The view from our room was of the parking lot. The guests ahead of us at check in were going to a Yankee game. They were getting directions to public transportation from the woman at the desk. The only negative thing I have to say is that the lobby was uninviting. I had no place to wait while my huband was at a meeting and my room was being cleaned. The only seating in the lobby was in the restaurant. I walked around the lobby for a minute and then when out and sat in my car. Other than that it was fine.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
I’m glad you enjoyed the city view and our Hilton serenity bedding package, both favorites with our regular guests. I appreciate you sharing and have noted your comment about adding some additional seating to the lobby.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 May 2011

We arrived late on a Wednesday night, but since we had booked with Hilton.com, we didn't expect any problems. The first person in our group tried to check in and the young lady behind the desk quickly checked her screen and said she didn't have her reservation. So, I provided my name...and without looking at her screen, the young lady said she didn't have me in the system. When we produced our confirmation numbers, she disappeared into the back and said the manager was "taking care of it". 20 minutes later, Manager Frankie Gomes appeared with a story about how our reservations never made it to the hotel, but that he would put us up in a hotel 20 minutes away. Interestingly, he somehow had all of our information, including the third person's information (which we had never provided). It was clear that the reservation WAS in the system, but that they had oversold for the night. It is a good gamble on their part. If we didn't show up, they would have charged our credit cards AND sold the rooms to someone else. If we do show up, they put us in another hotel. They didn't care that it was very late and we had to find our way to this other hotel. Additionally, we were staying in the area for two nights, so we had to pay a higher rate at the new hotel or pack up and come back to the Hilton (if they didn't sell our rooms again). I can't rate any of the specific aspects of the hotel, because I didn't stay there and I won't in the future. The way they are bending and breaking the rules to max out their occupancy means I can't trust them in the future. It is a shame that such a scam is somehow acceptable.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear LFPhileas:
I do apologize for what you and your colleagues experienced at my hotel and understand your frustration. I was made aware of this incident the very next day and our research and communications with our central reservation system pointed to a system communication error that prevented your reservations from reaching the hotel. It was an extremely isolated incident that caused this to happen. I do understand that you made the reservations and had received a confirmation. Our normal response in situations like this is to honor the reservation, check you in and resolve the issue with our reservations IT department. However, being that hotel was sold out we had no alternative but to provide you and your colleagues a complimentary night’s stay at our sister hotel.
I understand how this may look and appeared to you at the time. I do want you to know our efforts in this area are honest and sincere and if you would like to discuss further please call me at 201 298-2434.

Travellers are raving about these Hasbrouck Heights hotels

Mt. Laurel, NJ
Reviewed 16 May 2011

May 16 is the date today. In reviews Manager seems to be responsive so I thought I would give it a try. Been here for 10 min and I dont know if I can stay. First, all the feedback about the keys are true. Walked in no problem, got ice, key doesn't work. And oh neither did the ice machine. Room smells odd. Go to bathroom and find conditioner and lotion. No soap or shampoo. Wonder if room has been cleaned! I lift toilet seat and find hair and drips. I call down and explain the two situations. Toiletries and dirty toilets. Response! Housekeeping is gone but we can send toiletries. Really? Seriously? I don't need shampoo my priority is bleach! I said I don't think toiletries are my top concern! Response. Yeah they leave at 5.

• Stayed May 2011
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Dear crunkll:

Our goal is your satisfaction and for you to experience a problem-free stay however it seems on this occasion we did not deliver. We do try to resolve any service concerns personally on property I’m disappointed we did not. I’d be grateful if you could call me so that I could. My number is 201 298-2434.
Jeffersonville, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Front desk was not very intelligent. One of the room keys didn't work and when I told the girl, she just blankly stared at me. When discussing parking, I recieved similar blank stares. The website needs to be properly updated...said continental breakfast was included with our Skyline Room, but it wasn't. The only good thing about the hotel was the comfortable bed and pillows. Oh and there was paint chipping off the ceiling and brown stains on the comforter.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear NYKNICKLY:

Thank you for your feedback and positive comments about our Hilton Bed. It is welcomed standard enjoyed by all of our guests.

I am naturally disappointed we did not meet your expectations and that there was some confusion on the services you were expecting. We always strive to ensure that you leave the hotel satisfied. Not having the opportunity to respond personally while you were here, please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss you stay and how I may ensure your satisfaction. I can be reached at 201 298-2434.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!