“Good business hotel”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Mumbai
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed at this Hilton property for two nights in Oct. 2011. Breakfast is not included in package. Breakfast for 15.99 and wi fi at 10.99 per day. I hired a taxi for Newark Liberty International Airport on Day-3. Hotel suggested to pay $ 65 for my drop whereas the driver asked for $85 plus the toll charges $5 for my drop...

Room Tip: Do not venture alone on streets in nearby areas...Higher floors are less noisy....
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PravinGothe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Check-in is always fast and friendly. The room is always clean and ready. Dinner menu is contemporary and delicious. I'm there at least once a month on business and haven't had any problems.

Room Tip: haven't had a bad room there... but make sure to keep your room key FAR....FAR... away from your...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MAF1000000
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and it was great. The hotel far exceeded my expectations on every level. I travel to the NYC area often and will from now on be staying here. Make sure to stay in a NYC skyline room the view is unreal.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear cplmac:

Like many others you have discovered the great views provided from the city side of the hotel. I'm glad you had a great stay with us and we hope to have you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Not sure why negative reviews but I decided to decide myself...I booked 3 rooms with a city view for a girls night out and we had a great and I do mean a great time...Check in was smooth, parking was okay ( we got lucky most time, we parked in front). Getting into the city was very easy. The bed was AWESOME....Our rooms were cleaned and a few work in the hotel Industry so we know what to look for...Check it out for youself and you be the judge...I will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Andreana h:
We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your recent stay with us. Enjoying the view, a clean room, the “awesome” bed, friendly service and easy access to New York City are some of the benefits of staying with us. I’m glad you got to experience them all as you described.

We do appreciate you taking the time to post and share your experience and hope that we have the opportunity to host a future night out. Have a great summer.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I'm staying here for a four day training and it sucks. I called a week ago to book my room and when I checked in it smelled very stale as if someone had smoked in the room. They offered to spray my room and that did not help. Also each time my neighbor uses the restroom and shower I can hear the toilet flush as if they were in my room. The housekeeping staff is lazy my bathroom was half cleaned and I had not used it. Also the staff in the bar is very unprofessional Eleana appears to be busy and ignores customers. she follows John around as if she is attached to his (--) meanwhile she just stands behind him doing nothing while you hope she turns and checks the bar to see who needs help. Instead she appears to be clueless and put off by certain customers. I could see if she had two or more customers to serve but I was the only one standing there for over 15 mins withouth either of them acknowleding that I was there. It feels as though you have intruded on their evening. They must hate their job or they can't stand serving people of color. This hotel is not worth the money it needs a complete makeover including a select few members of their staff. I have to come back in 6 mths for another training and I hope that they dont not use this Hotel again the training room is loud and the air conditioning did not work and each time someone used the sauna the sound of the squeaky pipe over powered our trainers voice OMG that was irritating.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank talktherapy t
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear talktherapy t:

The team here at the hotel takes guest feedback seriously and upon reading of your recent experience we were extremely concerned. Naturally we are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and did not have the opportunity to resolve your concerns while you were still at the hotel.

Our preference is always to address any service concerns before a guest leaves rather than waiting to do so via emails, phone calls or travel site postings. We have found that meeting with a guest while still at the hotel results in a more a more meaningful resolution, a future travel relationship and a better understanding of the guest service experience and expectations. I noticed that you were still staying with us at the time of your posting and am disappointed you did not give us the opportunity to meet with you. In the hopes of connecting with you while you were still on property I sent you a personal note via your TripAdviosr account but did not hear back; I trust that you received my invitation to meet and discuss.

I, along with the service team, would have been happy to address the room condition and service items you mentioned immediately if we had been given a chance to do so. With regards to your lounge experience and perceived lack of service, I can assure you that the diverse team here at the hotel is accustomed to serving guests from all backgrounds. I have spoken to the service staff that were working that night and can assure you after listening to them that your experience was not their intent. We are all very sorry that you were made to feel that way.

I hope we can speak in person so I can personally apologize and see if there is anything we can do moving forward that may convince you to come and stay with us again. We do have a service team that genuinely cares about our guests and the service they receive.

Travellers are raving about these Hasbrouck Heights hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This review is a bit overdue and I finally got around to writing it.

The condition of this hotel has deteriorated to the point that it seems to be a top tier motel but not a hotel. It should definitely not be under the Hilton umbrella. I am a Hilton Honors member and I stay in Hilton hotels regularly which allows me to compare the brand with perspective.

The rooms in this hotel are so outdated and poorly kept that it takes you a few seconds to realize that this is really what you are seeing. The bathroom was old and had stains from what appears to be years of use. There was dust under everything that was not nailed down. To add insult to injury the wallpaper was peeling off in various areas of the room. The wall seems to be have been softened by what I can only surmise was moisture.

I asked to be changed from the room (First time I have ever made such a request at a hotel) and it was similar to the first room except this room had clear evidence of mold in the bathroom and had wind coming in from the window, which was closed. I went to the front desk and asked to cancel my reservation. They cancelled it without a problem but did not seem too interested in finding out why I was departing after checking in just 30 minutes earlier.

I could not allow my wife and daughter to sleep there. I don't think that any husband and father would.

It is possible that I happened to get the two rooms that were not suitable for occupancy. It is also possible that they were sold out and since we checked in late in the afternoon I was given the remaining rooms that were in disrepair even though I booked an Executive King Room.

Perhaps they have better rooms that were just not available. I will never know because I will not be returning.

We ended up having to stay with my in laws which is the last thing that I wanted to do. Thanks to this hotel I spent the evening listening to my wife's brother playing the violin and looking at his knitting collection. To this day I cannot listen to an instrument or see anything related to knitting without thinking of this hotel and that evening. :)

Enjoy you travels!

Room Tip: Please make sure that you ask to see the room prior to taking your belongings up. It might save you...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MJRTZ
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear MJRTZ:

I am truly sorry that the conditions of your rooms during your August 2011 stay with us were unsatisfactory. Our service team takes great pride in ensuring all our guest rooms are well maintained and attractively presented and it appears on this occasion we did not.

Our goal is your satisfaction and with that in mind if your future travels have you back in our area I would like the opportunity to show you that your recent experience was not typical. I have sent you a personal note through TripAdvisor with my contact information. I’d be happy to personally attend to your future reservation. I can’t have you impacted by the thought of more violins or knitting.

Orem, Utah
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was here for business for two nights in July. The location was good for me as I was visiting clients from NJ-NY-CT. They do charge for parking, but I am not certain how strickly that was enforced. The hotel was very clean and the room very nice and spacious. The bar was very good and the restaurant very tasty. The rate was average for this area. I would come again if I needed to come back to this area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Lauraleigh9mm:

I’m pleased that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed BISTRO SIX.FIVE.ZERO. The F&B team works hard to ensure a good experience is had by all.

The hotel’s location makes us a great choice when travelling to Northern New Jersey or the New York City Metro area. I hope we have the chance to meet your accommodation needs next time you are back in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 4 in Saddle Brook
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!