Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area
Priceline
US$217
Residence Inn
US$187
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$92
Priceline
US$170
US$149
All reviewsstop and shopburger king next doorfresh fruitgreat view of the lakeoff routesmall indoor poolthe breakfast areafree breakfastfourth floorconvenient locationfamily eventstaff was very friendly and helpfulbeds were comfortablefront desk staffwould definitely stay here againoatmealnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel 3 nights. Nice place to stay, good location. The problem last night of stay. Awoken by large school group. Front desk did as little as possible to quiet them down. I was kept up till 1:30am. Another guest said they were kept up till 3am. Went to talk to manager. She questioned the time frame and the validity of my complaint. I asked for the name of this group so I could write a letter or email the institution they represent I was told. "Sir we are like a doctors office. I can't give you personal information" I explained that I am not asking for names, addresses and ph #s just the company, school, church, sports group etc they represent. "I am not going to give you that info" So if you stay at this hotel. Anyone or group can come in reek havoc ruin your stay and this hotel will enable them and offer them complete anonymity. Upon telling my partner how the Hotel Manager acted about my complaint. She nailed it. The group that is staying at the hotel stays there regularly and obviously spends more money than we do. I have spoke with Priority Club guest relations and they have confirmed that it is a group that stays there regularly. Priority club also exposed this fact. The hotel told guest relations I got certain refunds and points. I did receive a 10% discount they told priority club they gave me 25%. To wrap this up. Its a gamble to stay at this hotel. Might be a great night might be your worst night and if its the same group that caused my problem the hotel is going to do nothing about it and very little for you.

Room Tip: Demand a quiet area and threaten to not pay if your kept awake by any large group.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Texas"Red"
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Texas"Red",

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced while at the hotel. I will follow up with the hotel staff to avoid similar situations in the future. Again, thank you for staying with us, we do greatly appreciate your business and we hope to serve you in the future.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This Holiday Inn Express was nice, friendly staff, clean rooms, well maintained, decent bed. The only real issue I had was the location, Haskell is out of the way for most business trips unless they are with local companies.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Clean spacious room, again, our two cats were quite calm which means the room was very very clean. Check in was quick and accommodating (I wanted a room on the 1st floor and the front desk clerk willingly changed us from the 3rd floor to the 1st floor). My only suggestion is they need mats in the tubs as they're quite slippery with nothing to hold onto. The room was comfortable, bed and pillows were excellent, all in all, I'm a big fan of the Holiday Inn Express chain. Haven't yet had a bad experience.

Room Tip: No bad rooms, just be sure to ask directions on how to get back onto 287N if that's where you're traveling; it's a bit confusing.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We were driving home from Florida and spent the night in this hotel along the way.

We really enjoyed it. The front desk staff was good, breakfast good, room great.

Nice size room with one of the best hotel tv's I've ever seen.

They take pets and that was great for us, we always appreciate it when hotel takes our furry family member.

The hotel was easy to find right off I-287. We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

To start our reservations (for 5 rooms for 3 days) were misfiled in the computer and it took 45 minutes for them to find them. Rooms were OK, but the desk clerk was not. On saturday night, with a dozen people in our group sitting in the lounge area watching a football game on the TV, the night clerk came in and told us that at 9 o'clock some of his buddies were coming buy to watch some ultimate fighting thing, and he hoped that would be OK with us. We were so dumbstruck by the request we just stared at him, and he walked away. A little after 9, 3 unkempt guys walked in, sat down, opened thier brown paper bags of beer and chips and the desk clerk appeared again and said he was going to change the channel now if it was OK with us. We wern't going to be there much longer anyway, so we just left and went to our rooms. Check out, with a different clerk, was as bad as checking in.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel. I usually find HIexp OK, but not this one.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family