“Another good visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Haskell
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Another good visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is relatively new and is in a great location right off Route 278 in north Jersey.
Close to shopping areas and good local "non-chain" restaurants. Many are BYO which is unique, love being able to bring our own wine to a restaurant. Back to the hotel, it is comfortable and a better HI Express than most. Typical noisy air system in the room. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Will definitely return again when traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Stay at the rear of the building; you can not hear Route 287 or local traffic.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEXHaskell, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the restaurants and attractions around us! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Redmond, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I read reviews of this hotel and I wish I'd have paid attention to the comments about HARD BED!! Oh my, I was supposed to stay two nights, but I couldn't sleep in this bed again. Rest of the hotel is fine, standard Holiday Inn Express, but the bead is unbearable!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you like to sleep on a rock.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Traveler T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are truly sorry for the conditions you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. If you have future concerns, please let the Duty Manager know so an alternate room could be offered if available.

Connie D
Brooklyn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Where to start... The staff was very nice when I checked in, always a good start. I tried to get on the internet and wow slow. www.speedtest.net showed 500K down and 23k up when I could stay connected. Decided to go for a run. Both treadmills were broken and no towels in the fitness center. After my run of unknown distance, ha ha, I stopped by the front desk to let them know about the treadmills and ask about the internet. They seamed to know that the internet was bad. The morning breakfast was so so, no fresh fruit and the juice seemed watered down. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: odd rooms numbers face the pond.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Dave743
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Dave743,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by our internet connection and fitness center. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Check-In: Sun 28 Jul 2013 03:00 PM
Check-Out: Wed 31 Jul 2013 11:00 AM
Room 423

1. The hotel was bright and clean as well as my room.

2. The staff was friendly and kudos to the housekeeping staff for my clean room during my entire stay!

3. The free breakfast was the typical American fare both hot and cold. Fresh fruit was not an option but would have been a nice addition.

Anyway, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Now the "BUT".........

When I got home on Wednesday, I had a phone message and emails telling me that the credit card that I had used to make my reservation online has been compromised and was used to make fraudulent purchases. To make a long story short, I called the hotel chain's Customer Care Dept and spoke to Asia and explained to her what had happened to me. She was apologetic and pleasant.

She took my info to pass along to the correct personnel to start an "investigation". That person was supposed to call me within 48 hours. I haven't been called yet, and I hope to hear from them about their plan of action.

This incident, I blame the idiot who used my credit card fraudulently. It is not the fault of the hotel nor the corporate office. However, their response to this incident will speak volumes in how they are safeguarding clients'/consumers' personal and financial information.

Even though I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, I might not stay with a hotel chain that does not have a more robust plan in place to safeguard clients'/consumers' personal and financial information!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FamilyValued
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for what happened to your credit card, and hope that everything was taken care of in a timely manner! We hope to see you again in the future.
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here on night. The room and the bed were very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. It was very convenient to our route. I notice someone said there weren't many restaurants within walking distance. That may be true, but there are plenty of restaurants within a short drive,

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling to our area!
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

It's an okay hotel but there are only fast food restaurants; Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, 31 Flavors are the choices within walking distance. I was on the second floor and faced the pond. It was very quiet and I actually pulled the pillows to the window sill and watched a pair of Canadian geese swim around and there were turtles.....overall peaceful. The hotel is nice enough.

Room Tip: Try to face the back so you can look at the pond.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Pima41,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It's great to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P
Queensbury, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I've been staying here for business in the last month. Very convenient location and the rooms have been clean. While reading some of the other reviews, just remember - this is a Holiday Inn Express so do not expect a five star hotel. If you are in town for business for a night or two, this is a great place to be. Fairly quiet, normal sized rooms and clean bathrooms. The breakfast included is what you would expect here. I'll be staying here on each of my next trips to the area. The also have a good corporate rate if you are in on a nearby business.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces a small lake/pond. Nice to look out and see the swans and geese. Quiet...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim D
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our convenient location. We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to our area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haskell
BEST WESTERN Regency House Hotel
#4 of 8 in Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area? Share your experiences!