“Excellent food in a classic Shore location”

Bahrs Landing Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bahrs Landing Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 36
Transit: Saestreak High-speed Ferry www.seastreak.com
Kingston, New York
“Excellent food in a classic Shore location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Thank goodness we finally dined at Bahr's in Atlantic Highlands! Many times we've driven by and it was so packed we thought the wait would be too long. But we chose a stormy midweek night and loved every minute. Sat by the window and watched thunder and lightening outside and I had a great steamed lobster with all the fixin's and Richard had the soft-shell crabs. Both simply delicious! Highly recommended!

And how heart-warming that this restaurant was founded in 1917 and is still going strong. Congratulations to this wonderful establishment!

Visited July 2014

New City, New York
“Never received our food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I hope the management have addressed their oven that broke last Saturday night. Secondly, and more importantly, that they have improved their process of informing customers of what is going on. We put in our order at 8:10pm and it wasn't until 9:45pm that the manager finally came to our table and said our food was never coming and we had to leave. It was our first time there and until we hear that their customer service has changed we can only share negative reviews of a restaurant that seemingly does not seem to hold that kind of poor service. We drove home with great disappointment and empty stomachs.

3 Thank Jeff S
Dartmouth, MA
“Good food, friendly staff, seating by the marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I loved this restaurant. I'm biased. It was my birthday, and the wait staff gathered to sing me "Happy Birthday" and light the candle in the crème brulee. The friendly waitress made it all special for me. She told us about the area's experience during and after Hurricane Sandy, the storm's impact still visible in so many ways in and around Highlands. Happy the restaurant survived and revived, because many other local restaurants were done in by the slow tourist trade that followed. The food was delicious, the drinks served promptly, and the outside dining was fun. That said, it was quieter than it probably usually is, because the weather was turning bad, so the marina and restaurant were quiet that night. Worked for us! I'd highly recommend this place for a good seafood meal and the outdoor seating.

Visited July 2014

Well, 1,5 hr after we got nothing on table yet :(
Evening is over . Very poor organized

2 Thank MXXRT
Albany, New York
“Just drinks - but the dock guys are great!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

So the dock guys here are incredibly friendly and helpful. Let me emphasize that, if you need gas get it here. The gas was insanely cheap for a boater at $3.89/gallon on July 4th weekend nonetheless!!! Now for Bahrs itself all I can tell you is we had a drink at the outdoor bar and it was a joke. The bartenders were in such rotten moods it felt like we did something wrong just by sitting down. The guy handed us the drink menu like we asked him for the title to his home for $1. Sorry but if you are going to charge $6.75, thats right $6.75 for a Corona with a crusty lime wedge you better smile at me!! We aren't smokers, literally every single person sitting around this miserable tent was smoking. They serve food at the bar yet people can smoke 2 feet from your face. We didn't eat. If there were a couple happy smiling bartenders working it may have been more fun but these two guys were sucking all the fun out of this space with every drink they served. Hey, if you hate your job find another one. This bar is in a great spot, you can sit and look at your boat and all the others going buy while you sip a drink. Over priced beer and literally the two most miserable bartenders I have ever laid eyes on ruined it. If you need a refill plan on having to ask for them and then watch as a guy with a puss on his face takes your dollars off the bar and hands you a drink like he just did you the biggest favor in the world. Wow. Read my other reviews, I write a lot and they are generous and fair. This is not a whiney one off reviewer. I also waited 3 days to write this so I am not angry typing this, they were just that rude.

2 Thank Chris W