“Please don't judge a book by its cover!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highlands
SeaScape Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Highlands B&B and Inns
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Please don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

August 11-13, 2014
This was our first time staying at this B&B. We arrived before check-in and was graciously given a beach pass for the afternoon. We had good intention of riding our bikes back & forth to the beach, but once you get off the bridge from the beach, it is a constant incline up to the B&B. I would have been walking this climb everyday, and it would have been a long haul!! We were allowed to store our bikes in the garage until departure. Monmouth Mall is about a half-hour away for those rainy days. Since we didn't have the "perfect beach weather" while we were there, we were allowed to have the beach pass on the day of departure, and we returned it in the afternoon before heading home.

Breakfast is Extraordinaire! Warm homemade muffins, juice, coffee, fresh cut fruit and an entree served with bacon or sausage every morning. We were full from breakfast, that we didn't really have to eat lunch.

Complimentary soda/water/coffee/wine 24-7. There is also a refrigerator, freezer and microwave for your use.

We had the Precious Moments room, which has the view of the ocean sunrise - very breathtaking if it's a good morning! Cable TV has a wide range of channels to select from. Complimentary lotion/soap/bubble bath, but don't forget your hairdryer. Our room was very clean and comfortable.

Although the B&B could use some TLC, the innkeepers and staff were very friendly. You even have Freckles, the dog, greet you when you arrive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lastrayer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dartmouth, MA
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It’s all in the ambience. Appreciate this B&B for its location on the hillside, great view of Sandy Hook and beyond, and the complimentary wine, coffee, tea, and soft drinks encouraging you to relax in the sitting room or out on the deck with a glass of something you enjoy in your hand. This homey B&B has a cozy sitting room, a big deck for all guests, and a glassed in breakfast room with a view when the weather isn’t conducive to sitting outside. The owners are pet friendly, so in addition to welcoming guests with pets, they have a few dogs and cats of their own. If you don’t like dogs and cats, then don’t stay here. No need to post negative reviews complaining about dogs and cats when many reviewers mention their presence. The rooms vary, so ask about amenities when making your choice. We made a last minute reservation and got the Hartshorne Room, and if we go back I’m asking for this room again. The room was clean, well kept, with plenty of fresh towels and soaps. It’s a larger room with a king bed and a small bathroom and a private deck. The bed was so comfortable I got the best night’s sleep I’d had in our entire week long road trip, and I loved being able to open the windows and deck door and shut off the air conditioning. There are options when it comes to room location and amenities so ask questions or read the details on the web site. It’s a large old house, and like any old house the paint needs touching up and the door jambs need to be fixed, etc. I noticed all the house flaws at first, but then I settled in on the deck with my drink and all those little nagging things floated away. They don’t matter when the hosts are gracious and welcoming, the breakfast choices are delicious and freshly cooked, and the view can’t be beat. Oh, and beach passes to Sandy Hook are a huge plus. We took advantage of that special offer two days in a row! If you want new, neat, tidy, and all the mod cons, this place isn’t for you. If you want historic, quirky, and a relaxing ambience with water views, stay here. And when your GPS directs you to the high school parking lot, don’t turn around. Just drive across the parking lot to the entrance of SeaScape Manor.

Room Tip: Room vary in size, in bed type, with or without private decks, and bathrooms vary in size and amenit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 65Wagonaire
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We visit this place at least on a year because we love this place. This was our first time staying in the plain and fancy room which is was nice. We still prefer the garden room which is very private and secluded from the rest of the house but the plain and fancy room was very nice. The fridge in the room was a nice surprise as well.

We arrived around 3pm where we were greeted by Gloria and showed to the room. We asked for a beach pass which is complimentary so we could go do some sightseeing on the hook since it was cold and rainy and not a beach day and is only a short drive away. We headed out for the day and on the way back stopped at Hartshorne woods park which is just down the street from the bed and breakfast. We had never stopped their and were pleasantly surprised. If offers some amazing views of the ocean from the walking trails. You are also able to walk through the gunnery which was very neat to see.

After dinner we headed back to the bed and breakfast and enjoyed sitting on the patio watching the fireworks going off along the skyline. The Patio offers some of the best views in Highlands.
Breakfast each morning was incredible as always. My wife and I cannot wait to see what is going to be on the menu each morning and we always have a tough time deciding because everything is so delicious. The fresh muffins served with breakfast were great as they always.

They always have plenty of complimentary sodas, water, and coffee available to the guests as well as plenty of ice to fill your cooler before heading to the beach. Rooms were clean as always with complimentary soap and shampoo just in case you forget to bring some.

As many other bed and breakfasts have closed down in the area we are glad that the seascape manor has remained open. We highly recommend this place if visiting the area.

Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Plain and Fancy rooms is only room that does not have view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went with great expectations on a weekend getaway celebrating my birthday and our wedding the week earlier. We had informed Gloria regarding this and also requested breakfast in bed which never came. The property owners & innkeeper were not welcoming or friendly in that sense. We paid a huge amount of $ 250 per night as we went with pets but Not worth it at all! The room was mouldy, dirty and ill kept. the bed had no head board foot board more of a make shift bed. We were impressed seeing the photos online hoping to be in a victorian Setting,hence chose the Gardem room which was like a godown of mismatched furniture & glasses. In pathetic condition nothing was clean,the glasses were dirty. Nobody changed our towels or made our beds. The bathroom was miniskule,no space at all,flush would work,whirlpool didn't work. Damp stained old towels and broken sofa:we got allergic reactions or bed bugs not sure! The breakfast was awful and stale ,quiche gave us severe acidity, also we had our own tea as there was no one to look after us or greet us. Proximity to the beach requires a car, you can see some water from the room, but total rip off not worth the money. I would ask you to stay away from this place as it make you feel depressed & stressed out. We wanted to relax on this weekend but came out feeling drained & cheated. I have stayed in several bed & breakfasts before this, but this was the worst experience especially for the price we paid. My husband never wants to go back in there ever!We never set eyes on Gloria who was the one emailing me and they have no sense of hospitality management with one guy running the place & an old lady who cleans the room & serves/ makes breakfast.

Room Tip: Never choose the garden room, they advertise & market it really well, but don't be fooled.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank GhoshSrey
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here recently ( and sadly) due to the passing of a beloved aunt who resided in the area. I actually knew about this B and B because it was not far from my aunt's condo, but I never stayed there.When I explained to Gloria why I was in the area, she gave me a reduced price for my room. It gets dark early this year, so by the time I was driving there it was dark- my GPS said to make a left, however, make the right as you have to go through the school parking lot, then down the driveway to get to Seascape. There are signs, but in the dark they do not stand out.
My room was the Hartshorne Room. It was quite large, and easily would have accommodated a couple. There was a flat screen TV, which surprised me because a lot of B and B' s I have stayed in do not have in room TV sets. The room was clean and well stocked with soaps, shampoo, and lotions. There was even a bowl of chocolate. The room had a nice porch looking out to the water. I think that would be a great place to relax and enjoy a coffee and a good book, weather permitting. Downstairs was a really nice living room with books and games. There is another room with self serve coffee, tea, water, and/or wine. There was also a fridge for the guests if you needed something to be put in the fridge. There were several cats and kittens running around, and Freckles, the dog- I am an animal lover, so I liked that. They are pet friendly if you want to bring your dog. I was not on a vacation trip, but I will add that 5 minutes away there is a huge, beautiful park. And, of course the beach is not far.
Breakfast was very tasty - a choice of either blueberry french toast or a fritatta- complete with muffins and fruit. I did read some reviews about the place needing a slight overhaul- true, a few things should be swept, picked up etc- but somehow it was not a major detraction for me., it kind of fit with the decor and although cluttered, everything was clean- and that is a big plus. In closing, I would like to revisit in happier times.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Dogmom11236
NY
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Longing for a glimpse of the ocean before the winter sets in and not having to travel very far was what first attracted my Husband and I to the SeaScape Manor,but we got so much more when we arrived. The Innkeepers Bob & Gloria are such wonderful people,welcoming and down to earth in addition to being very hard workers. They were the perfect blend of making you feel at home,sitting with you in the common room for great conversation,but also let you have your space as well.
They are also extremely generous-wine,coffee,tea,and cold drinks Always available,a wonderful fresh breakfast with CHOICES for you to make(including those famous muffins you keep reading about :) and a bowlful of assorted chocolates in your room(which I am embarrassed to say was gone by the next day..boy they were good ;)
We stayed in in the "Precious Moments" Room,which of course included wonderful Precious Moments figurines. Our bed faced our private balcony which looked straight across to the ocean,as did the soaking tub for two with a large window above the tub.Is there anything more spectacular than waking up with a view of the ocean??
There is also a separate shower in the bathroom as well. I have never, I repeat NEVER stayed anywhere that provided us so many items for our comfort including-many bottles of bubble bath,bath gel,bath milk, and yes even bath grains,in addition to other items you may need during your stay.The Inn provided an abundance of beautiful golden towels and there were even extras in the bedroom. We were provided bathrobes,many blankets,and oh did I mention the electric fireplace which was perfect on these cool fall evenings?
Speaking of Fall,the Inn is surrounded by beautiful trees which were in full color during our stay,making the view from every window spectacular! I would well imagine every season would have its own magic while staying here. There are chairs placed by the window which was perfect for me to enjoy the book I was reading as well as spot a deer on the lawn! What impressed me most was the care and thought put into every aspect of our stay.
Now as if this wasn't enough, I really must tell you our very favorite part of our stay were the precious four-legged members of the Inn!! First we have Freckles,the beautiful and loyal English Cocker Spaniel who loves cats as much as I do. Then there are the cats,the fantastic cats that warmed my heart just knowing they were there,and we were lucky enough to be entertained by two kittens that Bob and Gloria rescued as these babies were on their own when they found them. This speaks to how kind and caring the Innkeepers are and why my Husband and I will certainly return.
I highly,highly recommend the SeaScape Manor as amazing place to clear your head and leave everything behind.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAISYGALAXY
Pine Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

First time staying here and couldn't have been happier. As a pet owner, hard finding a place for our dog where we feel comfortable. Usually rent a home but for short trips normally resort to noisy hotels. The SeaScape Manor is a warm, inviting Bed & Breakfast. The owners Bob & Gloria made us and our dog feel welcome. Their asst innkeepers (resident cats and Freckles - dog) made it feel like our dog was just a part of the place. We stayed in the beautiful Hartshorne room, a large room with a large private deck overlooking the ocean. There is wine and beverages available all hours kept in their eat in dining room. The breakfast with cloth napkins and table settings is the best. Always starts off with fresh baked muffins, jams & butters, fresh fruit cup and a daily changing menu (we had a frittata and blueberry pancakes). If you are a fan of B&Bs I urge you to stay here if you are visiting the shores. Convenient to Red Bank, Asbury Park, and Monmouth county beaches.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank dfnyc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
Blue Bay Inn
Best Western Hazlet Inn
Molly Pitcher Inn
Molly Pitcher Inn
#3 of 4 in Red Bank

Been to SeaScape Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!