“Needs to brighten up/clean up”
Review of Tavern On The Lake

Tavern On The Lake
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Hightstown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tavern On The Lake is a Family Restaurant and Sports Bar. We have food and drink specials Mon. thru Thur. and live Bands every Fri. and Sat. night. Our upstairs Banquet Hall can hold up to 200 people. We open at 11:30am everyday.
Princeton, New Jersey
“Needs to brighten up/clean up”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Like to eat there outside on the patio when the weather is nice. Inside dark, dreary. At night local hang out. Food is average, service is slow.

Visited August 2011

Pittsburgh
“Friendly and tasty - but some fresh vegetables would be nice”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Meat dishes were exellent - I had venison casserole with figs, my wife had pork chop with red port sauce. Both were excellent and portions were very generous. Downside is that neither dish came with vegetables, so the result was too rich. Waitress was delightful, drinks were reasonably priced and they were happy to seat us a LONG way from the karaoke.

• Visited November 2011
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
“Great spot for bar food!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Tavern on the Lake is centrally located and one of the few restaurants in Hightstown with a parking lot. The menu is fairly extensive and offers a great mix of appetizers, sandwiches, salads and entrees. We've tried everything from wings to nachos, club sandwiches to pasta and have never been disappointed. It is not fine dining, but the food is good and the staff is very friendly.

Visited October 2011
Novi Sad, Serbia
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I go here all the time with my family and everyone loves it! I always get the Mac'n'Cheese from the kids menu. Every time I order it, it's always fantastic. It has nice warm/hot creamy cheese (which is great for me because I have braces) and the pasta. The black and blue burger is also something you might want to try. They took it off the menu, but it is available upon request. Tavern on the Lake has a wide variety of beers (that my parents enjoy) and a Latino Dance Night, in order to unite Hightstown more with the Latino people. What makes it even better, is that outside, people have painted a beautiful sign that says Tavern on the Lake. Also, if you are not facing the street you get a beautiful view of Peddie Lake. The service is pretty good. Although sometimes, when it's quite busy some of the servers accidentally took our food to the wrong table! But later we got the correct food. : ) Finally, you are aloud to bring your dog outside with you while you eat, but only outside on the lower area. The Tavern is amazing, you MUST go there!

However since the flooding, some parts aren't available to sit at. Normally though, it's perfect.

• Visited October 2011
Novi Sad, Serbia
“Amazing! Good Food. : )”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I go here all the time with my family and everyone loves it! (We live right down the street) I always get the Mac'n'Cheese from the kids menu. Every time I order it, it's always fantastic. It has nice warm/hot creamy cheese (which is great for me because I have braces) and the pasta. The black and blue burger is also something you might want to try. They took it off the menu, but it is available upon request. Tavern on the Lake has a wide variety of beers (that my parents enjoy) and a Latino Dance Night, in order to unite Hightstown more with the Latino people. What makes it even better, is that outside, people have painted a beautiful sign that says Tavern on the Lake. Also, if you are not facing the street you get a beautiful view of Peddie Lake. The service is pretty good. Although sometimes, when it's quite busy some of the servers accidentally took our food to the wrong table! But later we got the correct food. : ) Finally, you are aloud to bring your dog outside with you while you eat, but only outside on the lower area. The Tavern is amazing, you MUST go there!

• Visited September 2011