“Lousy service”

Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Hightstown
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Tavern On The Lake is a Family Restaurant and Sports Bar. We have food and drink specials Mon. thru Thur. and live Bands every Fri. and Sat. night. Our upstairs Banquet Hall can hold up to 200 people. We open at 11:30am everyday.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We're locals and have been here many times through a series of owners. It's always been.a 50-50 call on food, service, etc. the current draw is outdoor patio Seating Which is very appealing on a lovely day. This past weekend we couldn't resist and what a mess. One waiter,Nick ,was busting his chops; unfortunately he wasn't ours. The patio was less than half full with 3 servers. Inside there were two tables occupied and a handful of people at the bar. It took us 1/2 hour to get a drink and an hour to get our food...a burger and a sandwich. My husbands fries arrived cold. The waitress blamed it on the kitchen..however there were people at a table next to us who arrived after us & were served before us. I checked the trip advisor ratings and they're all,over the place with lots of negatives. Do,the owners care???or is their business flow and location good enough that they dont feel a need for improvement!!!?this place could be hopping but I sense apathy. food was pretty good..only reason I have 2 stars.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just went here for the first time on Sat. 6/7. It wasn't a memorable experience. The place was packed with several parties going on. I was surprised at how rundown and dirty the place is on the inside! My seat was LOW...I felt like a toddler at the adults table. Seriously, I was a few inches lower than my husband who sat on the bench part of the table. Dirty tables, dirty floor, dirty menus and my husband's menu was missing the dinner page.

I had the corned beef sandwich, which wasn't too bad. The corned beef was "pulled" and I was surprised that it tasted good. My husband had the rosemary chicken w/mashed potatoes and blanched spinach. He said the spinach was the ONLY thing on his plate that he felt was edible.

It will be the last time that we visit this restaurant -- it's surprising how many people were in there and how many regulars frequent it. It's popular for some reason - but for us, never again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I like there Wings, Potato Skins, Burgers and Pasta with Seafood alot. I have my Class Reunions there every 4 years. I just recently went there with my friends in April. I celebrated my 60th Birthday there in Sept. 2013.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great customer service but our food arrived cold and the pizza was burnt. The fries were over cooked and very greasy. The wings didn't have any sauce and were very dry. The best items we ordered were the cheese quesdilla and the grilled chicken greek salad. I would not recommend this hotel and I would not order take out. The food is not worth the money you will pay.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My hotel recommended this sports bar to me when I asked where to go for dinner. It did not disappoint. They had the games playing at the bar, the service was superb!! Our waitress went above and beyond to make us happy! The food was really good! I even had dessert, which I shouldn't have because I was so full! They had a band playing. The crowd was decent, and very diversified. There were college kids and then older folks. Even a family or two were in there! Definitely a great place to eat and hang! During the summer I would imagine you could sit outside because they had all the tables out there.