“worst hotel ever and BED BUG city!!!!!”

Days Inn Hillsborough
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsborough
somerset
“worst hotel ever and BED BUG city!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

stay away. dirty, bed bugs( had to go to doctor) bad management(mike the ownwer) rude staff (there is only one maid, not sure she cleans. i think she just goes around stalking every room. they have inventory of towels and you are allowed only the ones that you already have in-room.) dirty breakfast area tried to complain to corporate and they refer you back to mangaer which i am complaining about to begin with and he says you are not a customer and lies about bed bugs. says he will file complaints that you are harassing him!!! bed bug city!!!!!! infested and you should save your money and go elsewhere. BED BUGS!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!! the owner-manager lives on 2nd floor and prowls the halls all evening

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Crystal160

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I had this reservation booked by my boss last minute due to a client emergency. When I arrived they could not find my reservation even though I gave them the confirmation number. The hotel smelled like a babies diaper. Once I got to the room I tried to order room service, upon calling the number the woman who picked up said I would have to call the front desk for approval to charge to the room. I called the front desk and the gentleman said he would take care of it. A minute later the woman from room service called and tells me that the front desk guy told her to call me back and say I could not bill to the room. Needless to say I cancelled the order, something was very fishy. Either way giving a customer the run around is not good business.
I would not stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ed72oc

Travellers are raving about these Hillsborough hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We were traveling from Massachusetts to Conn and onto Pennsylvania on July 26th when as we were traveling through Hillsborough, NJ, we thought the weather was going to turn severe so we decided to pull into this Days Inn. WRONG IDEA. We should have realized that this was not the place to stay when we entered the hotel lobby and the rugs were filthy, the plants were dead and we could hear a dog barking from a nearby room, oh and there was an "air purifier" in the hallway.
Never-the-less, it was getting late and due to the severe weather we reluctantly checked in. We figured how bad could a Days Inn be for just the one night??? We put our belongings in the room, waited a few minutes for the storm to blow over and then left the hotel to find a place for dinner. We did not arrive back to the hotel until around midnight. This was when we realized (after my husband showered) that the shower had a very weak spray and mostly just dripped down onto you and that the water did not drain from the tub but accumulated up to his ankles! Also that was when we realized that the "white" towels and wash cloths were thin, gray and dingy looking, the bed sheets were thin, worn and thread bare. And we had to use a clip to close the vinyl privacy curtain shut tight in the bed area.
I told my husband that there was no way that I could shower standing in ankle deep hotel waste water. My husband called down to the front desk and explained the problem to the desk clerk. He was told that the manager would be told of the problem in the morning so nothing was done that night.
The next morning we talked to the manager and he came to our room to see the problem. He said he could see no problem and said that we did not "pop" up the drain cap to let the water run out of the drain. Well, he was WRONG because the drain cap was popped up..(.did he think we were idiots!?).....What actually was the problem was that the drain was apparently so clogged with "who knows what" and had never been taken care of or cleaned out, that the water would not drain down. I told the manager that due to that problem with the drain, only one of us could shower the night before and that I would like to have him credit us half the bill because of that. He got very curt with me at my request and said that there was no way he could take half off the bill because there was nothing wrong with the shower. He actually lauged at me and said that I could have showered. I kept telling him that there was indeed a problem with the drain in the tub being clogged because the water accumulated up to my husbands ankles and would not drain down. He said that he had not gotten any other complaints from anyone else and that he would not take half off of the bill. He basically called me a liar about the tub not draining and continued to tell me that I could have showered because there was nothing wrong with the shower. After telling him that we were going to write a letter and contact Days Inn corporate, he then said that he would only take 10% off of the bill.

Also that morning we were treated to a breakfast area was also filthy. The tables were not wiped down, the counter tops where the food was kept were not wiped down. The juice tasted and looked like orange water and the toaster took about 15 minutes to just very lightly toast a sliced english muffin.

My husband and I travel alot and for years have stayed at many, many different types of hotels, motels and B+B's. We have NEVER-EVER been treated like this. I would highly suggest to anyone traveling through Hillsborough, New Jersey to stay clear of this Days Inn.

Room Tip: Stay clear of any rooms at this Days Inn!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jmt8479
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 June 2012

II had no problems with the cleanliness of the place. It could have been better, could have been worse.

My big problem was the necklace my wife accidentally left on the sink-top. We called from the highway later when she discovered it was not in her make-up case and somehow it was nowhere to be found in the room.

That always makes me irritable. I manage hotels for a living and I KNOW the procedure for lost items in a hotel.

Oh, Housekeeper: Enjoy the necklace! It was just the gift I gave my wife at the birth of our child.
I hope that someday YOU try to travel with a small child and leave something behind in the rush that check-out brings. Maybe YOU will have an HONEST person clean your room and they will do the right thing. That would be lovely for you! WE didn't have that kind of luck at the Days Inn Hillsborough.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael and Lea W
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Listen the place was decent. The gentleman, Jack, on duty was awesome. Great service makes the difference. Last minute crashpad on a Sat. night for $89. Includes breakfast and WIFI. Room was clean. Towels were a bit worn but everything was clean. Flat screen TV was fine too. We'd come back and all because of Jack!!!!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Carbon monoxide alarm went off. Night manager "fixed" it by putting in new battery. Went off again. Would not reverse credit card charge that night as we tried to check out ofhotel.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank boord
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We had booked a King bedded room. We were pleased with the size of the room and bathroom. The bed was comfortable. However this is where it stops. The furniture was all very badly chipped and the wall looked as though the plaster was coming off in various places. There was however tea and coffee facilities which was replenished each day. There was also a microwave which we did not use because it smelt inside. I opened up the pillow cases to discover what looked like blood stains. The sheets and blanket were spotless. I forgot to mention that crawling on my bedsidetable were several ants that greeted us on arrival! We never saw any again for the rest of the stay.
Breakfast is eaten near the reception area. There are five tables only so sometimes you had to wait until one was free. Breakfast consisted of apple or orange juice, cornflakes or Frosties, bread which you could toast, butter and jam. There were always only four donuts put out at a time. Coffee was either decaff or regular which was in vaccum flasks. The milk was in open jugs which seemed rather unhygenic. There was also a waffle maker. The breakfast area was always untidy. Replenishment was done by the receptionist which was hard for her.
The staff were helpful and friendly.
We paid approx $55 per day for the two of us. It was not worth any more.

If you have to visit the area I suggest you look for somewhere perhaps near Bridgewater.
Forgot to mention that there is a restaurant/bar adjoining the property which is open 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

To sum it up, the hotel needs a complete renovation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sticklegs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Days Inn Hillsborough? Share your experiences!