“Not happy”

Days Inn Hillsborough
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsborough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hillsborough
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Most visits here have been fine, however, on this occasion I got up for breakfast as usual and went to the 5 tables that they have.

Although there is not much choice for food, I thought I'd have cereal, some toast and a cup of tea.

Go to make my cereal, no milk. Ask if they could bring me out some more and was told they have none left. Ok, let's have some toast. Go over to the toast area, no bread. Do you have any more bread? No, none left.

So you are serving breakfast until 10:30 with nothing to eat and no milk for even a cup of tea. Why did I pay for bed and breakfast. As I was working over there, I didn't have time to speak to anyone as I had to go back get ready and go out for food.

Overall a disappointing trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Virgil D
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Well, given the title of this review, you can have an idea of where I am going. I stayed on this hotel for one night only because there were no other places available in the region.
It is not a hotel, it is more like a motel (american style motel). I felt like I was in a horror movie or something like that. The place to begin with is very smelly. It smells something like dust and smoke from cigarretes. It is also very dirty. You could see that it was a long time since the common areas, starways and corridors were properly cleaned. I was very afraid during the night to stay there, but continued as I had no other hotel available in the area. Even going to sleep on the car has passed through my head at 2am. The room had very worn furnitures, and everything seemed to be very old. The breakfast in the morning was poor too. The breakfast area was not clean, there was no milk or orange juice left, the half and half was over too. The only thing available was coffee and flat bread with butter. My advice: do not stay here. The price is great but the experience you get is not worthy. Especially if you have allergies like I do, you're night will be for sure a nightmare. I am not a picky person, I have stayed in many hostels all around the world, so I have been to low key places and budget friendly places. The problems here are really the poor mantenance and the dirty that was all over the place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Hillsborough hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
HYATT house Bridgewater
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#15 of 16 in Somerset
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Hillsborough? Share your experiences!