“Sooo Happy Kevin's Thyme is Back!!!”
Review of Kevin's Thyme - CLOSED

Kevin's Thyme
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Dined at Kevin's Thyme last night. Have been dining here for years and am glad they're back. The food was as good or better than it has ever been, service was much improved, and there were familiar faces that were truly happy to see you. On top of that -- a BYOB (without the $25 corkage fee we paid last week at another restaurant!) Who could ask for anything more??? The place was booked solid and everything went off without a hitch. Hopefully they'll increase the evenings they're open. Blows the area restaurants out of the water.

1  Thank saddlenj

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Apparently Kevin's Thyme is reopened, without Kevin the Chef who made this establishment what is was. I dined there last week, and the food was inedible. I started with a mixed baby greens salad, which was limp and soggy. They bathed it in dressing which unfortunately had no flavor, and they forgot to put any goat cheese on the salad; I have heard other people say they were skimpy with the goat cheese, I didn't even get skimpy, I got nothing. For entrée I ordered the duck, which I have had there before and it was always delicious. Needless to say my lucky streak ran out, as this duck was served to me almost raw. I like my duck rare, with that crispy skin you get on top, when it is cooked properly. My duck my soggy, and raw with not one redeeming factor, I couldn't eat it, but the funny thing was, the waitress, saw that it wasn't touched, and never asked if there was a problem with it? She cleared it, never asking if I wanted to take it home nothing. The service has always struggled here a bit, but the food kept me coming back, now with Chef Kevin not here, there is absolutely no reason to step foot in here again.

3  Thank Gigi2369
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have wanted to go the Kevin's Thyme for lunch for a while and made it there today. There were only 3 full tables at lunch, but it was a Tuesday. Tami, the waitress was very friendly and welcoming. I had the Kevin's Thyme Club salad. Fresh greens, grilled chicken, gorgonzola cheese, avocado, bacon, carrots and dressing on the side. It was so delicious, I couldn't have made it better myself! The coffee was strong, the way I like it. Tami refilled my cup 3 times. My daughter had the spinach and grilled chicken salad and enjoyed the meal as well. We visited in March, so there was no outdoor dining. This restaurant has won local awards for outdoor dining. It is a small, quaint place. Wooden table and chairs with green walls. I am looking forward to returning in the future.

2  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Table for 2 Sat night. Was able to call that morning for a reservation but as we were running late (15 mins) I definitely should have called and they almost had to give our table away. Place is small and cozy but with a definite upscale feel for such a small room. We reserved an indoor table but it looked love ly on the terrace as well. Wait staff was friendly and local and when our server didn't know the answers to our questions on the menu - she asked the chef rather than guess which we really appreciated. We split a wonderful arugula salad with figs that was plentiful for two with a very tasty light vinegrete. I had the Ahi tuna which was cooked superbly and served with a couscous like side and sauce that was light yet added a great flavor to the dish. Hubby ordered the twin pork chop and much to his pleasure, it was sliced off the bone and served with the bone on the plate and some great potatoes and asparagus that were cooked exactly as you'd want them. Once we realized the high quality of the ingredients, we had to try the in house made desserts. We settled on the pumpkin cheesecake and the key lime pie and as we shared them, couldn't decide which was better. Coffee rounded out the meal. This is a BYOB but will still set you back a bit. For what we had (and drinking only tap water) our bill before tip was $101.00. But when you get a meal where attention is paid to every detail and the waitstaff refills water glasses and is timely with everything involving the service - it's well worth it.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Friday night 6:00pm reservations, but restaurant quite empty when we arrived. Sat outside, service OK, food pretty good, crawfish excellent, ambiance, so so. Some basics missing: no freshly grounded pepper offered when entrees brought to table and same with grated cheese. Arugula salad had way too little goat cheese and dried fruit and a whole lotta arugula. Again a feeling of "food's tasty, why cutting corners?" So very good cuisine, a lot more basic attention needed from hostess on down, to make this as worthy as the restaurant across the street.

1  Thank dimitri7777