“Lovely Hotel”

W Hoboken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Lovely modern decor, with friendly and helpful staff. Every room has a fabulous view of NYC. It is a real treat to stay here, and worth very penny. Breakfast for two was included with an AARP card. And the breakfast was delicious, cooked just perfectly, but a little bit of a wait. Nice bartenders, very accommodating. Is was my second time staying at the W and i will be sure to stay here again on my next trip to Hoboken.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for your review of W Hoboken! I am so pleased that you had such a lovely experience for your repeat visit. I will certainly ensure to share your praises with my team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our room was large, modern and had striking views of Manhattan. The location is great, within easy walking distance of other riverfront properties and Washington Street. Service was excellent too. We will certainly return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your rave review of W Hoboken! I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I am really happy that our team was able to exceed your expectations on all levels. I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Loved it! Complaint free....excellent views of NYC....very friendly staff too! Would definitely stay here again. Scored an awesome rate from Priceline too. Made total sense to stay on jersey side to have NYC views. Had a nice restaurant that we had breakfast at. Beautiful artwork in lobby. Parking was pricey at $35 a night but didn't mind at all. Valet was smokin fast.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience and for your fantastic rating! Guest satisfaction is so important to our team and I am so glad that your accommodations and our team exceeded your expectations. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night and we fell in love with this place as soon as we walked into the front lobby! Everything about it is perfect. It may seem a little pricey but it's worth every penny! The rooms are great, the view from the 16th floor was amazing, and the location is great as well. I also enjoyed the lounge area...the atmosphere was cool and the music was just right. It was the perfect weekend getaway for me and my husband and we can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience! I am so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and that the vibe here at the W Hoboken was perfect for you and your husband's visit! Hope to welcome you back again soon for your next getaway! -Pedro D, General Manager

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Outstanding stay at the W Hoboken in early December. We had a "spectacular room" on the 14th floor which was even better than spectacular.

The room was particularly oversized compared to NY standards, with modern decoration and exceptional bedding. Being away from Manhattan, we enjoyed a very quiet night. The hotel does not have that many rooms and we did not hear noises from corridors or elevators either. Overall, I must say I had not expected such a beautiful room when I booked this hotel, it truly felt like staying at a 5-star hotel.

We asked for a Midtown view, which we got and I must say it was the most amazing view of Midtown I have ever seen. We could see all the main landmarks in Midtown from the ESB to the Time Warner Center (as well as everything between the two and the Upper West Side).

The staff was very pleasant and helpful, on the phone as well as during check-in/out.

The only thing which could disappoint you is the location but we did not care much as we did not intend to go to Manhattan that night. It just took us 25 minutes to come from Midtown as the PATH is very efficient (only $2.50 per trip), almost the same time it would have taken to go Downtown. Besides, the neighborhood is very safe and several breakfast/dinner options can be found less just two blocks away.

As a conclusion: amazing rooms, great staff. I will definitely book again in the future.

Room Tip: Get at least a Wonderful room to have a nice view. Ask for view preference for spectacular rooms, it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your outstanding review on Trip Advisor! I’m so delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to W Hoboken, and were so impressed with your guest room and the spectacular views of the city! Our aim is to always provide a true WOW experience for all of our guests and I’m glad we did for you! We look forward to your next stay with us at W Hoboken! -Pedro D, General Manager

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful, from the lobby to the lounge area to the restrooms and meeting space. I especially loved the lighting and ambiance as you walk through the hotel.

We stayed in a room on the 6th Floor with a view of the NYC Skyline - I could even lay in bed and see the skyline, which was gorgeous. The room itself is trendy but welcoming and again, the lighting really made it for me. The room was very clean. The bathroom was not huge but just as beautiful as the room. I did miss having some counter space in the bathroom, rather than just a sink, when getting ready for the evening - but this is more of an observation than anything.

I attended a party within the hotel so would like to comment on how beautiful the presentation was for both the passed appetizers and buffet area. The staff working the event were polite, friendly and really did a great job.

Chandelier Room is completely overrated and the staff are slow and not exactly friendly, but the lobby lounge was comfortable and I really enjoyed having drinks there.

I did order room service (which is 24/7) and for $22 (incl. taxes), received a large plate of chicken fingers and french fries. Everything was hot & crispy and generous portions - pricing is comparable to similar hotels.

Aside from really enjoying the design and hotel amenities, the staff are great! From checking in, to ordering drinks to valet, every one we encountered was very professional and pleasant. This is a make or break for me since staff can drastically change your experience, so very well done W and W team members!

Room Tip: Traditionally, people prefer higher floors for the view. The 6th floor views were great, so I would...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! I am elated to hear that you were so impressed with our hotel's design, accommodations, and the service delivered by our talent team. I must apologize for the slow service you experienced in the Chandelier Room. Guest satisfaction is very important to our teams and I have certainly shared your comments with Chandelier Room's management team. Thank you again for your vaubale feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon! -Pedro D, General Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Location, Location, Location. We loved the beautiful room with incredible views of NYC. Loved walking around Hoboken and taking the Ferry or Subway into NYC, both within walking distance. Sunday brunch was phenomenal, everything you could possibly think of was available. Excellent service, pleasant check in, great housekeeping.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor! We love to provide our guests with truly memorable experiences at W Hoboken and I’m happy to hear you were so impressed with our location as well as the amazing views of New York City! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Hyatt Regency Jersey City
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#5 of 14 in Jersey City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!